Nurses on 189, 190

Martina

37 minutes ago, MichelleF92 said:

Yeah, RN (critical care and emergency) and NEC have limited availability and is required to have stayed in NSW for a year. The additional requirement is not enforced on RNs of other disciplines. Does that mean that a lot of RN from critical care, emergency and nec background are applying? 

"The additional requirement for these occupations is to be living in NSW, and to have been employed in NSW for at least one year, in the nominated occupation."

https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/Skilled-Nominated-visa-subclass-190/are-you-eligible

https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/nsw-skilled-occupations-list/nsw-190-priority-skilled-occupation-list

Have you looked into the 489 visa?

You meant 491 right? the skilled regional visa?

I'm actually hoping if I will get VIC 190 seeing my points (90 with ss) so I guess I will wait for another month before opting for 491 visa. Also, Being offshore I might not be eligible for all the states for 491, the ones where I can apply came out to be SA & NSW. But I really wish i get from VIC, so waiting as of now.

6 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

You meant 491 right? the skilled regional visa?

I'm actually hoping if I will get VIC 190 seeing my points (90 with ss) so I guess I will wait for another month before opting for 491 visa. Also, Being offshore I might not be eligible for all the states for 491, the ones where I can apply came out to be SA & NSW. But I really wish i get from VIC, so waiting as of now.

Yeah, typo-ed, was distracted when i wrote the 489.

That's good for you, I think you can also apply for Tasmania? Well, tomorrow's the 11th, so fingers and toes crossed for you. 

I'm also in the same category of RN as you but with only 3.5 years of experience. I can only do the 189, the 190 in VIC and the 491 in TAS. It's going to be a lot tougher for me. 

37 minutes ago, MichelleF92 said:

Yeah, typo-ed, was distracted when i wrote the 489.

That's good for you, I think you can also apply for Tasmania? Well, tomorrow's the 11th, so fingers and toes crossed for you. 

I'm also in the same category of RN as you but with only 3.5 years of experience. I can only do the 189, the 190 in VIC and the 491 in TAS. It's going to be a lot tougher for me. 

The invitation rounds for this month already got issued today. Please check Iscah's update below:

https://www.iscah.com/unofficial-skill-select-results-10th-january-2020-189s-491s/

Also, I believe you need job offer for TAS 190 & 491, isn't it?

And are you offshore or onshore? 

2 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

The invitation rounds for this month already got issued today. Please check Iscah's update below:

https://www.iscah.com/unofficial-skill-select-results-10th-january-2020-189s-491s/

Also, I believe you need job offer for TAS 190 & 491, isn't it?

And are you offshore or onshore? 

Offshore.

https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants/skilled_regional

I believe you can apply for using the 3A clause? 3B requires you to have a job offer whereas 3A just needs your job to be on the TSOL list? 

5 hours ago, MichelleF92 said:

Offshore.

https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants/skilled_regional

I believe you can apply for using the 3A clause? 3B requires you to have a job offer whereas 3A just needs your job to be on the TSOL list? 

Okay thanks. I will check that. In the meantime, I will just wait for VIC invite. Keep me updated if you receive an invite. 🙂

On 09/01/2020 at 03:15, MichelleF92 said:

Hi guys!

I just started my assessment with ANMAC, will be submitting all the documents by next week. I should have 70 points for 189 and 70+5 for 190. I was looking into 489 as well but it seems that only Tasmania nominates people without requiring onshore experiences? Or am I mistaken?  Also, is it possible to submit EOI for 190 at VIC and 489 with TAS or would that look as though you're  not willing to commit to one state? 

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Applied AHPRA 18/12/2018. IQN applied 5/7/2019. AHPRA refused 8/7/2019. Registered with New Zealand Nursing Council 13/11/2019. Trans-Tasmanian Agreement applied 26/11/2019. Registered with AHPRA 30/12/2019. ANMAC applied 7/1/2020.

hello,

did you still have to show up in person at AHPRA office to obtain registration (through Trans-Tasmanian Agreement)?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Nurse77 said:

hello,

did you still have to show up in person at AHPRA office to obtain registration (through Trans-Tasmanian Agreement)?

Thanks

I would imagine so, because this is to do the ID and confirm you're who you say you are.

11 hours ago, Nurse77 said:

hello,

Thanks

Hi, no I did not. AHPRA granted me registration with the same condition imposed on me by the NZ nursing council, which is to undergo an orientation upon employment. 

3 minutes ago, bezdo said:

Can anyone clarify how you get registered as a specific nurse, lets say mental health for visa purposes after finishing Bachelor of Nursing?

I think this is based on your job experience. I was hired directly into critical care so my designation would be RN (critical care and emergency). I reckon ANMAC will then be tasked to evaluate if your experiences are recognized or not. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MichelleF92 said:

Does anyone know how long does ANMAC take to complete their assessment before you can apply for an EOI?

ANMAC usually takes 4 weeks to complete the assessment. However the time period can vary if submitted documents are incomplete. Once you have received skill assessment outcome, you can then apply for an EOI.

22 hours ago, bezdo said:

Can anyone clarify how you get registered as a specific nurse, lets say mental health for visa purposes after finishing Bachelor of Nursing?

You apply to AHPRA for registration, but for a visa you need to have a positive skills assessment which is from ANMAC

Hello Everyone!!

Finalllly after a wait of almost 7 months, I have received a pre-invite from VIC today. Thanks to everyone who answered my queries.

It was getting really frustrated but then the waiting is all worth at the end. smile.gif

My points are as follows:
ANZSCO-254415, Registered Nurse (Critical care & Emergency)-Offshore

EOI for 189-85 points with D.O.E:05/01/2020 (Initially submitted EOI on 17/07/2019)
EOI for 190 VIC-90 (85+5ss) with D.O.E: 05/01/2020 (Initially submitted EOI on 09/08/2019)

Age-30, PTE-20, Edu-15, Overseas work exp-10, Single-10,
State sponsorship-5

PRE-INVITE: 16/01/2020 from VIC (190)smile.gif
  • Congratulations 1

1 hour ago, Pooja Negi said:
Hello Everyone!!

Finalllly after a wait of almost 7 months, I have received a pre-invite from VIC today. Thanks to everyone who answered my queries.

It was getting really frustrated but then the waiting is all worth at the end. smile.gif

My points are as follows:
ANZSCO-254415, Registered Nurse (Critical care & Emergency)-Offshore

EOI for 189-85 points with D.O.E:05/01/2020 (Initially submitted EOI on 17/07/2019)
EOI for 190 VIC-90 (85+5ss) with D.O.E: 05/01/2020 (Initially submitted EOI on 09/08/2019)

Age-30, PTE-20, Edu-15, Overseas work exp-10, Single-10,
State sponsorship-5

PRE-INVITE: 16/01/2020 from VIC (190)smile.gif

Congratulation!!! 

Finally got it and best wishes to you for your future stay in Australia!!

Hope I get it soon as well lol 

HI everyone,

Is it true that NSW is not giving 190 invites anymore for applicants not living in NSW? Or is it just applicable to certain occupations (the ones with additional criteria). My partner is the main applicant, we are both Registered Nurses with 80 points EOI. Just recently submitted an EOI. We are currently in SA but we used to work in NSW for 1 year before moving to SA, now we want to move back via visa 190. Anyone know if our chances are good? thank you 

Edited by meek23

7 hours ago, meek23 said:

HI everyone,

Is it true that NSW is not giving 190 invites anymore for applicants not living in NSW? Or is it just applicable to certain occupations (the ones with additional criteria). My partner is the main applicant, we are both Registered Nurses with 80 points EOI. Just recently submitted an EOI. We are currently in SA but we used to work in NSW for 1 year before moving to SA, now we want to move back via visa 190. Anyone know if our chances are good? thank you 

Yeah, from January they GENERALLY won't invite who's not already residing in NSW. That means that they might invite people from other states if they really need to, it will all depend on the number of EOI they will receive from NSW and the amount of positions to fill. At this point no one knows. If you're already thinking of moving back to NSW I would recommend to move as soon as possible and update your EOI to increase your chances. 

Hello @Martina

I heard that VIC rejects a lot of Pre-Invite nomination applications. I received my Pre-invite on 16th Jan, 2020 and lodged my nomination application already. Everyone is saying that not to make big plans as VIC is very choosy and most of the pre-invites do not turn into final invites. So, I'm just worried about that. May I know how much did VIC take to give you the final invite after you receive the pre-invite? 
Thanks!