IT Jobs on WHV in Brisbane Area

Jack Mc

I'm looking for information on whether employers consider applicants on a Working Holiday VISA for skilled contract opportunities or if they avoid this kind of VISA entirely.

From what I have read there are no technical limitations other than that the contract with one employer could not be longer than 6 months which would be fine for me. I also don't expect to stay longer than 12 months in Australia.

I'm a UK based IT Projects Manager with 8 years experience and want to do some travelling and working in the Brisbane area but would prefer to work in a similar role between holiday time rather than the usual jobs available to backpackers.

I've come across quite a few people in work on WHVs in Brisbane. Simplify your CV, pop your main achievements up the top and keep it to 2 succinct pages if you can. Contact as many agencies/companies as you can. Expect it to be a bit of a challenge but you may be lucky and secure something quickly. Don't give up!

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know how likely it is to find a company to sponsor you for a job in australia so that you can work for longer than 6 months?

It seems like they don’t advertise this so maybe it’s not a thing. I also can’t find any posts of people who did something similar.

4 hours ago, Jack Mc said:

Does anybody know how likely it is to find a company to sponsor you for a job in australia so that you can work for longer than 6 months?

It seems like they don’t advertise this so maybe it’s not a thing. I also can’t find any posts of people who did something similar.

They would have to sponsor you on a TSS visa which is for 2-4 years. It’s fairly expensive and complicated for the employer so they don’t do it lightly 

Edited by Marisawright

6 hours ago, Jack Mc said:

You need to check your eligible for sponsorship, then contact company's direct asking if they are interested. It is hard if you're not in the country but not impossible.  It is quite an expensive process but not uncommon for the likes of yourself to offer part payment to encourage them to sponsor you.

Good luck

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...