You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jack Mc

IT Jobs on WHV in Brisbane Area

I'm looking for information on whether employers consider applicants on a Working Holiday VISA for skilled contract opportunities or if they avoid this kind of VISA entirely.

From what I have read there are no technical limitations other than that the contract with one employer could not be longer than 6 months which would be fine for me. I also don't expect to stay longer than 12 months in Australia.

I'm a UK based IT Projects Manager with 8 years experience and want to do some travelling and working in the Brisbane area but would prefer to work in a similar role between holiday time rather than the usual jobs available to backpackers.

You can try, but generally, employers avoid working holiday visa holders because of the six month restriction on professional roles. 

Thanks for the quick response! Is that the case even for contract positions that are less than six months?

They don’t have any jobs posted so unclear if they’re still active but thanks for the recommendation!

I've come across quite a few people in work on WHVs in Brisbane. Simplify your CV, pop your main achievements up the top and keep it to 2 succinct pages if you can. Contact as many agencies/companies as you can. Expect it to be a bit of a challenge but you may be lucky and secure something quickly. Don't give up!