Flight from Birmingham to Heathrow via Aberdeen?

Melbpom

I'm looking for a couple of one way flights from Birmingham to London, Heathrow and admittedly it's been a while since I've looked at any internal UK flights but the ones I'm getting (from Expedia) take 4 or 5 hours and go via odd places like Dublin or Aberdeen. I've looked at Webjet and I could get to Spain cheaper and faster. This should be easy, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

1 hour ago, Melbpom said:

I'm looking for a couple of one way flights from Birmingham to London, Heathrow and admittedly it's been a while since I've looked at any internal UK flights but the ones I'm getting (from Expedia) take 4 or 5 hours and go via odd places like Dublin or Aberdeen. I've looked at Webjet and I could get to Spain cheaper and faster. This should be easy, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Have toa dmit I don't think you are dong anything wrong, except trying a uneconomical route.Its quicker to drive it than fly it!

I'm an ex TA, and live 40 minutes from BHX and EMA, 99.9% certain flights from the midlands to LHR ceased many years ago,  I remember my parents flying from BHX and EMA to LHR connecting with long haul flights,  I have checked and there are no direct flights from the midlands to LHR, hope this helps.    

Edited by skippy2009
grammar

1 hour ago, skippy2009 said:

I'm an ex TA, and live 40 minutes from BHX and EMA, 99.9% certain flights from the midlands to LHR ceased many years ago,  I remember my parents flying from BHX and EMA to LHR connecting with long haul flights,  I have checked and there are no direct flights from the midlands to LHR, hope this helps.    

Yes thank you this does help. I'll look at driving or National Express.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skippy2009 said:

Check out one way car hire or a local airport taxi service, stress free and convenient, given the cost of train and taxi fares maybe very little saving using public transport/taxi, possibly worth it given your circumstances, good luck!!        

Yes, thank you, I'm thinking of taxi even if it costs a bit more it's worth it especially before embarking on a long haul flight.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Melbpom said:

In future you could try flights via Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, or Dubai or Doha, then get a direct flight into Bham avoiding LHR altogether.   

• Like 1