143 Contributory Parent Visa

Jen135

1 minute ago, Jen135 said:

Hi there,

I am wanting to sponsor my mother on a 143 Contributory Parent visa. Does anyone know if she can visit Australia on a tourist visa while her 143 visa is processing?

thanks in advance!

Yes she can. We have visited regularly while waiting for our 143. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/11/2018 at 23:26, Debs54 said:

Just got mine on 5 November, application was August 2014

@Debs54 did you submit your police clearance check from your home country at the time of the initial application or only once they received and started processing it?  Thanks in advance!

On 11 November 2018 at 21:17, Jen135 said:

Thanks everyone for your comments, really helps! We aim to get the visa in in the next couple of months 🙂

If you have just lodged, then the visa isn't coming in the next couple of months. The department are currently processing applications lodged about five years ago. However, processing times have recently blown out and you should allow about eight years. 

If you look through forum posts, you will find a fair number lodge in 2013 just getting grant now. 

Visa processing times are blowing out and becoming very unpredictable. To give some context, when I applied for my first visa, processing took 3 days, today it is about 6 months. My PR visa took 5 days, today, it isn't uncommon to take 18 months. The remaining relative visa was about 8 years. Today, it is 56 years.