Visa Medicals....

AlanC

I feel that the stumbling block to any visa application we make may be the Medical so we are trying to gather as much information as possible before we make our decision to go forth and instruct an agent.... So....

To all that have been through the Visa Medical process, with good or bad outcomes, I was wondering what type of questions you were asked, standard examinations you had etc.... Also do you give them access to your UK medical records?

Blood test, chest x-ray, tests which check cognitive functioning/ability (touching finger from nose to outstretched arm for example), eye test (similar to optician), urine test, feel of stomach for any hernias, checked glands in neck....think this was it. To be honest I fainted after the blood test and it was all a bit of a blur! 

All passed and fine ?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

Blood test, chest x-ray, tests which check cognitive functioning/ability (touching finger from nose to outstretched arm for example), eye test (similar to optician), urine test, feel of stomach for any hernias, checked glands in neck....think this was it. To be honest I fainted after the blood test and it was all a bit of a blur! 

All passed and fine ?

Oh no....  Fortunately Im not scared of needles so hopefully i'll stay upright....... Your exam seemed a bit more thorough...

All we did is have bloods taken, a urine sample, height and weight taken, eye test (just reading letters on the board like normal, you take your glasses if you wear them) then chest x-ray, chat with a doctor about any current conditions, prescription medication, family history, then a feel of your stomach, kidneys, listening to your heart and general check up. Ita nothing scary and you'll be in and out in a jiffy! ?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lenses said:

Anyone have any idea how it takes from when you go to Bupa to getting the result?

Parents went to Bupa last Tuesday 28/9, got an email (assume automated) saying results with Immi in 5 days.

Do date nothing and nothing on our online account?!

We were told medical results go straight to immigration and if they are OK we would hear nothing. 

2 hours ago, Lenses said:

Anyone have any idea how it takes from when you go to Bupa to getting the result?

Parents went to Bupa last Tuesday 28/9, got an email (assume automated) saying results with Immi in 5 days.

Do date nothing and nothing on our online account?!

If you log into your medical immi account, you should be able to see its status. Before it’s done it will say incomplete, and then about a week later it should change to completed.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 22:35, AlanC said:

I feel that the stumbling block to any visa application we make may be the Medical so we are trying to gather as much information as possible before we make our decision to go forth and instruct an agent.... So....

To all that have been through the Visa Medical process, with good or bad outcomes, I was wondering what type of questions you were asked, standard examinations you had etc.... Also do you give them access to your UK medical records?

Do you have a condition that you are worried about in regards to passing the medical?

On 05/09/2018 at 19:54, niamhmulk said:

If you log into your medical immi account, you should be able to see its status. Before it’s done it will say incomplete, and then about a week later it should change to completed.

Thank you for replying.

I logged into the eMedical Client and all the details are still there.  It doesn't say incomplete or complete?!

I guess just wait and see.

On 05/09/2018 at 17:39, Judy said:

We were told medical results go straight to immigration and if they are OK we would hear nothing. 

Thanks for your reply.

My parents had a couple of red flags, nothing major, but it would be good to know it's complete instead of waiting, waiting, waiting!  Oh well. 

Myself and my family did ours in February. They are really basic tests - bloods, height, weight, urine sample. The check with the Dr. consisted of me sitting on a bed whilst she checked my torso for scars - presumably checking that I still had all of my organs and listening to me breathe. It took 2 minutes for the Drs examination. The longest part of the medical was getting booked in at reception.

PS I should add that we needed a chest x-ray also however this was conducted at another company since the BUPA clinic didn't have the facilities to perform this

Edited by Diamond Nine

13 hours ago, ali said:

Do you have a condition that you are worried about in regards to passing the medical?

Hi.... I think the issue for me is as follows..  

Like most we have had medical issues in the past that are now, as far as a UK doctor is concerned, things that need monitoring every now and then just to make sure everything is okay and not because there is a current issue.. I had spine surgery in 2009 which went well but as a result of that surgery I have a disc bulge above and below the operation site, which has been present since 2009, they don't cause me any major problems and have only had a slipped disc once since. I have some minor sciatica but most do after having decompression surgery  ... Other that that its arthritis....

My issue is as soon as I mention that I have had spine surgery all alarm bells are going to ring.... Now for some potentially dodgy information I was given.... I was told by someone that I should mention the arthritis but not the disc surgery as that would be seen as a high value cost to Australia, even though I have had NO substantial issues since surgery... My issue is.. 1) Starting this journey off in a dishonest manor, I'm not that into lying.... 2) The future, wouldn't the Australian government monitor your health, be funny if you suddenly had a previous op you never mentioned....

GRRR I am so confused and really don't want to lose out on this opportunity and feel that out of the whole process this is the only thing that may stop US.. I don't want to ruin things for my partner...

Edited by AlanC

You need to mention everything, especially if you are having follow up.  when we went for our medicals we were told to provide information of any illness/issues, any investigations/treatment and the outcome, how it effects you and the prognosis.

Both my son and I had undergone renal investigations - I provided letters from our consultants which stated what investigations had been done, no further action was required and that is was unlikely to cause issue in the future.

Your Dr will be able to provide a letter (you may have to pay) that since the surgery you have been treated with e.g. prescription analgesia on an as required basis , that it does not effect your capacity to work/you still function fully and that they see no major  surgery is intended.

By providing all the information it can quickly get reviewed and it may then (as in our case) unlikely for further reports.

11 minutes ago, ali said:

You need to mention everything, especially if you are having follow up.  when we went for our medicals we were told to provide information of any illness/issues, any investigations/treatment and the outcome, how it effects you and the prognosis.

Both my son and I had undergone renal investigations - I provided letters from our consultants which stated what investigations had been done, no further action was required and that is was unlikely to cause issue in the future.

Your Dr will be able to provide a letter (you may have to pay) that since the surgery you have been treated with e.g. prescription analgesia on an as required basis , that it does not effect your capacity to work/you still function fully and that they see no major  surgery is intended.

By providing all the information it can quickly get reviewed and it may then (as in our case) unlikely for further reports.

Hi.. thanks for the reply...

So did you get the information from your GP or a consultant?

I take pain meds on a regular basis due to arthritis and been told I probably will for the rest of my life..  I am hoping that the Australian climate will change that, whenever I go abroad & not always to scorching hot places, I notice the change and often stop taking the painkillers as I feel better....  I was told by a nurse practitioner I know that the problem I have is the discs above and below the operation site are bulging and though they dont cause a problem and haven't in 9+ years, No DR, even though they believe it to be the case, can say that I may NEVER need further intervention.... So I am in a very difficult position....

If you/anyone could help me with the type of info I have to obtain I would appreciate it.... Thanks..

Edited by AlanC

36 minutes ago, AlanC said:

Hi.. thanks for the reply...

So did you get the information from your GP or a consultant?

I take pain meds on a regular basis due to arthritis and been told I probably will for the rest of my life..  I am hoping that the Australian climate will change that, whenever I go abroad & not always to scorching hot places, I notice the change and often stop taking the painkillers as I feel better....  I was told by a nurse practitioner I know that the problem I have is the discs above and below the operation site are bulging and though they dont cause a problem and haven't in 9+ years, No DR, even though they believe it to be the case, can say that I may NEVER need further intervention.... So I am in a very difficult position....

If you/anyone could help me with the type of info I have to obtain I would appreciate it.... Thanks..

They seem to be interested in the prognosis for the next 5 years or so.  You're right in that they can't say never - but they should be able to say what they estimate the prognosis of the condition to be … if you've been having multiple problems over the last few years for example - the prognosis may be that it will get worse.  My letters were from my consultant and my sons paediatric consultant.

7 minutes ago, ali said:

They seem to be interested in the prognosis for the next 5 years or so.  You're right in that they can't say never - but they should be able to say what they estimate the prognosis of the condition to be … if you've been having multiple problems over the last few years for example - the prognosis may be that it will get worse.  My letters were from my consultant and my sons paediatric consultant.

Hi.. Sorry for all the questions.....

So would I contact my consultants secretary for the letter as I have not got an appointment booked yet?  if I got the letter now, feel it maybe better so that I can see what they say before we get to far down the line and the medical didn't take place for say 6+ months would it still be viable?  

Sorry just not used to doing this kind of thing...