489 visa Grant waiting 2018

Gurjant

Hi I have applied on 5th November for SA 489 Visa, still waiting.

Earlier there was atleast a deadline, I wonder if no time limit is a positive sign🤔  and I hope it is.

Can someone please check with their respective agents that if this has happened in the past, how was the move fast or slow?

The only reason for my worry is that the same thing is happening with people who are waiting for 887 and they have a page " 887 - whats the update"" under pomsinAdelaide.com forum, wherein they have mentioned their pain that not knowing the timelimit made it almost impossible for them to track with no deadline and they are waiting since 1.5 -2 years for 887 grant. Now when I read that it says unavailable due to low volume for 489 as well I am worried with no clue 😓

Visa 489 SA, Occupation 639211 - Retail Buyer

Points - 85

EOI - 5/7/18

State Nomination - 24/9/18

Visa Lodgement - 26/10/18

CO contact - 01/02/19 - for my birth Certificate & partner's proof of English

Documents uploaded - 08/02/19

Now waiting!! 

Hi,

I applied for my 489 family sponsored visa on sept 2017 and i got my visa in jan 2019.
During my bridging visa i was living in sydney as i was not sure whether i will get the visa or not.
While checking on Dibp website it says says that bridging visa period will also count when considering eligibility for 887 visa. I hold bridging visa for approx 1.5 years, 0.5 year short in order to apply for 887 visa.
My question is although i didn’t live in designated area during my bridging visa because of the uncertainty of the grant of the visa, can i request dibp about the waiver of Designated area condition from my visa as i am working in sydney and a onshore applicant. More importantly, i am just 6 months away to be eligible for 887 visa?

Rafay Fahim

Hi,
I applied for my 489 family sponsored visa on sept 2017 and i got my visa in jan 2019. During my bridging visa i was living in sydney as i was not sure whether i will get the visa or not. While checking on Dibp website it says says that bridging visa period will also count when considering eligibility for 887 visa. I hold bridging visa for approx 1.5 years, 0.5 year short in order to apply for 887 visa. My question is although i didn’t live in designated area during my bridging visa because of the uncertainty of the grant of the visa, can i request dibp about the waiver of Designated area condition from my visa as i am working in sydney and a onshore applicant. More importantly, i am just 6 months away to be eligible for 887 visa?   Rafay Fahim
Hi. Don't think it'll be considered. As 887 is a pathway to pr for SC 489 & one of the SC 489 condition being staying in regional area for 2 years. Your request of waiving the condition will not be entertained. I'm not a expert but from what I know they'll not consider your request.

Hi,
I applied for my 489 family sponsored visa on sept 2017 and i got my visa in jan 2019. During my bridging visa i was living in sydney as i was not sure whether i will get the visa or not. While checking on Dibp website it says says that bridging visa period will also count when considering eligibility for 887 visa. I hold bridging visa for approx 1.5 years, 0.5 year short in order to apply for 887 visa. My question is although i didn’t live in designated area during my bridging visa because of the uncertainty of the grant of the visa, can i request dibp about the waiver of Designated area condition from my visa as i am working in sydney and a onshore applicant. More importantly, i am just 6 months away to be eligible for 887 visa?   Rafay Fahim

Hi Red devil, I don’t think you can count bridging visa period to fulfil 2 year 887 requirement. Could you pls share where to got this information. Thnx

Hi I am new to this forum.

My details are as following.

Visa 489 SA, Occupation 312911 - Maintenance Planner

Points - 70

EOI - 17/08/18

State Nomination - 01/11/18

Visa Lodgement - 06/12/18

My application status is showing as - RECEIVED

Also action required is showing as arrange health examination without CO has contacted.

So is it by default or do I really need to arrange my health examination?

image.png.f6ae2126230ce863aeeaae175fcced65.png

Points - 70

EOI - 17/08/18

Also action required is showing as arrange health examination without CO has contacted.

Its normally advised to do your medicals before asked by CO. In that way you'll save time and have chance to get direct grant

6 minutes ago, Renault said:

Congratulations@yamaan..when did you lodge your application & if did CO get in touch with you for more details.

Thank you so much @Renault, I lodged on 10/9/18 and CO contacted for police checks for me and family on 10/11/18 which was submitted on 25/11/18 and then I just got my grant yesterday .. how long have you been waiting for ?

Thank you so much [mention=273552]Renault[/mention], I lodged on 10/9/18 and CO contacted for police checks for me and family on 10/11/18 which was submitted on 25/11/18 and then I just got my grant yesterday .. how long have you been waiting for ?
Okay cool. It's been 98 days

1 minute ago, Renault said:
5 minutes ago, Yamaan said:
Thank you so much [mention=273552]Renault[/mention], I lodged on 10/9/18 and CO contacted for police checks for me and family on 10/11/18 which was submitted on 25/11/18 and then I just got my grant yesterday .. how long have you been waiting for ?

Okay cool. It's been 98 days

Stay tight, wish you all the best mate!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, happy003 said:

Hi Red devil, I don’t think you can count bridging visa period to fulfil 2 year 887 requirement. Could you pls share where to got this information. Thnx

I’m no expert, but blow up the “Have an eligible visa” tab: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/Visa-subsite/Pages/work/887-skilled-regional.aspx#Eligibility

On 23/02/2019 at 13:28, Renault said:
On 23/02/2019 at 13:26, Kunal Aj said:

Points - 70

EOI - 17/08/18

Its normally advised to do your medicals before asked by CO. In that way you'll save time and have chance to get direct grant

My Visa lodged 4 Jan 19, then I see health exam and booked 22 Jan cos there was no earlier date, then did all exams and a week later got request from Med Officer of immigration to do some additional test again 3 month later. Now waiting for that period. So even Med test may take longer period in some cases...:/

Edited by Gaukhar

6 hours ago, Gaukhar said:

My Visa lodged 4 Jan 19, then I see health exam and booked 22 Jan cos there was no earlier date, then did all exams and a week later got request from Med Officer of immigration to do some additional test again 3 month later. Now waiting for that period. So even Med test may take longer period in some cases...:/

ohh... That is strange... What kind of tests they do?

Points - 70

EOI - 17/08/18

In my case, I booked my medical when I saw that action.....cheers!

update on application:

17th Oct invited to apply for a 489 Skilled State Nominated Provisional visa.  

22nd Nov visa application for a 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa  lodged  

19th Dec Medical done

Case office assigned 11th Feb and asked for UK police clearance (despite us living outside of uk for 17 years)