489 visa Grant waiting 2018

Gurjant

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and would need help with some timelines. I would also like to hear others success stories who are in the same timeline with me.

My Timeline is as follows for the 489 QLD:

EOI- 12 September 2018Ā 

Invitation to Lodge - 31 Oct 2018

Lodged application to QLD -07 Nov 2018

Nomination/Invitaion -21 Nov 2018

Visa Lodgement- 30 Nov 2018 All documents less medicals

Medicals uploaded- 18 Dec 2018

Now waiting............Ā 

I applied through MA and i have no update yet so i think CO is not yet assigned.

My file open today and co asking my pte result send online but i have done my pte april 2016 and still valid for immigration purpose but in my pte account there is no option to send it shows valid only for 2 years what can i do now any suggestions
When did you lodge for visa and which state?

On 03/09/2018 at 23:46, vikram chopra said:

I am waiting for 489 visa.

TRA skill assessment positive - 24 Feb 2018

Invitation received from SA - 07 May 2018

489 Visa applied - 24 May 2018

Medical and PCC done - 26 May 2018

Application status - Received 26 May 2018ļ»æ

points-65

Ā 

Does visa grantedĀ 

On 18/01/2019 at 22:48, Renault said:
On 18/01/2019 at 19:52, Alka said:
retail buyer...

Okay. You can try emailing them, its highly unlikely they would reply. But no harm in trying.

Hi - CO contacted today & asked for below 2 documents

1/ My birth certificate (which i dont have. I have given my 10th marksheet for the same. Do they consider that?

2/ The other document they asked is my husband's function english evidence. his ielts test is dated may 2017. will that be applicable?

On 21/11/2018 at 02:56, Dan.S said:

Hi everyone. Here is my time line:

• March 6: 489 application lodged, SA state sponsorship.
  • April 10: CO allocated, med checks requested.
  • May 1st: med check results submitted.
  • Aug 28: additional details requested, including form 80 to be filled in. Time to send documents: 28 days.
  • Sept 2nd: all documents sent.
  • Sept 21: confirmation received from CO, no other documents are required. The status changed to "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required".

We are now (in)patiently waiting šŸ˜›Ā There's a fair chance for good newsĀ before Christmas.Ā šŸ¤ž

Did your visa granted

1/ My birth certificate (which i dont have. I have given my 10th marksheet for the same. Do they consider that?
2/ The other document they asked is my husband's function english evidence. his ielts test is dated may 2017. will that be applicable?
Hi Alka.. glad to know that your application has advanced. 10th Marksheet are generally considered. I remember submitting the same while applying for my passport. The ielts of your husband should do as well. It has validity of 2 years. Good luck with your application! Please keep the group updated.

17 minutes ago, Renault said:
24 minutes ago, Alka said:

Hi Alka.. glad to know that your application has advanced. 10th Marksheet are generally considered. I remember submitting the same while applying for my passport. The ielts of your husband should do as well. It has validity of 2 years. Good luck with your application! Please keep the group updated.

Hi Renault -Ā 

1/ Birth Certificate - i had initially provided my 10th certificate but they still are asking for the below -Ā 

"Certified copy of your birth certificate to include child name"

2. Ielts test - it is mentioned under the required document checklist that the test should not be older than an year before lodging the application. In this case, his ielts is not valid. Do you have any idea about it?

"an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening. The test must be completed not more than 12 months before lodging the visa application or can be completed during visa application processing."

2 hours ago, Alka said:

Hi Renault -Ā 

1/ Birth Certificate - i had initially provided my 10th certificate but they still are asking for the below -Ā 

"Certified copy of your birth certificate to include child name"

2. Ielts test - it is mentioned under the required document checklist that the test should not be older than an year before lodging the application. In this case, his ielts is not valid. Do you have any idea about it?

"an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening. The test must be completed not more than 12 months before lodging the visa application or can be completed during visa application processing."

Hi Alka,Ā 

if they have asked for the birth certificate, you have to provide that only, nothing else would work as far as I know, and regarding your husband ielts if heā€™s the secondary applicant, it needs to be not more than one year old so in your case he has to sit for another one!!

1 hour ago, Yamaan said:

Hi Alka,Ā 

if they have asked for the birth certificate, you have to provide that only, nothing else would work as far as I know, and regarding your husband ielts if heā€™s the secondary applicant, it needs to be not more than one year old so in your case he has to sit for another one!!

HiĀ Yamaan,

Thanks for your reply! Noted on the birth certificate.

For theĀ partner functional english evidence -Ā  can we give his 10th & 12th certificate as it is in english medium. They have mentionedĀ  the below option as well

"you have completed all years of primary education and at least three years of secondary education at educational institutions in which all instruction was conducted in English."

16 hours ago, Alka said:

HiĀ Yamaan,

For theĀ partner functional english evidence -Ā  can we give his 10th & 12th certificate as it is in english medium. They have mentionedĀ  the below option as well

"you have completed all years of primary education and at least three years of secondary education at educational institutions in which all instruction was conducted in English."

I have one more question, if anybody can help to explain.Ā 

My husband's ielts score is 7 which is 'proficient' dtd may 2017. My agent didĀ  mistake & did not upload this while lodgement of application.

Now CO is asking for the evidence of his functional english. Though the functional english test for the partner should be an year old, can we use the above ielts test since it is proficient (which is valid for 2 years)?

On 01/02/2019 at 22:56, Alka said:

HiĀ Yamaan,

If he has done his bachelors in English then only itā€™s going to count which should be of 3 years as well and ielts/pte is definitely valid for 3 years but for the secondary applicant they only accept if itā€™s no more than 12 months old, I hope you understand now .

4 hours ago, Yamaan said:

If he has done his bachelors in English then only itā€™s going to count which should be of 3 years as well and ielts/pte is definitely valid for 3 years but for the secondary applicant they only accept if itā€™s no more than 12 months old, I hope you understand now .

Thanks Yamaan! Different people saying different things. Even my agent seems to be confused. I think it is better to get a new test done and proceed.

Just now, Alka said:

Thanks Yamaan! Different people saying different things. Even my agent seems to be confused. I think it is better to get a new test done and proceed.

Absolutely, I would do the same as to eliminate the risk of getting a refusal..

The wait is killing me. Applied 489 SA on 5th November from India (262113 now in special conditions category) with complete documents form 80 medical and all other required docs, completed 3 months already, no news and no way to track as agent just says to wait:(

Any suggestions when can I expect to hearšŸ™„

The wait is killing me. Applied 489 SA on 5th November from India (262113 now in special conditions category) with complete documents form 80 medical and all other required docs, completed 3 months already, no news and no way to track as agent just says to wait:(
Any suggestions when can I expect to hear[emoji849]
The processing times are published online.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489

Hey!

I done my skill assessmentĀ  underĀ Quantity Surveyor professionĀ and I reached 65 points including the provisional( 489-10 points). I received invitation from QLD to submit the EOI documents in 11th Jan, 2019Ā and asked me to submit within 2 weeks. Anyhow I submitted on 22nd Jan, 2019.

I still not received any reply from them. normally, How much time it will take? and what is the next step?Ā 

On 06/02/2019 at 12:34, Perspective said:

Any suggestions when can I expect to hearšŸ™„

Hi - i have also applied through agent so could not track. Then I found out a way. I askedĀ my agent to send snapshot to prove that application is lodged. In that shanpsot i got teh reference number of my application. Then I created immiaccount & imported my application with the help of that reference number & my passport details. You can check your application status there. My agent was so surprised when i knew earlier than her when my CO contacted šŸ™‚

On 01/02/2019 at 15:30, Yamaan said:

Hi Alka,Ā 

Hi Yamaan - i got my birth certificate. it was a half day job. šŸ™‚Ā uploading it today!