482 health insurance and school fees

A couple of questions on the 482 TSS visa I’m hoping this forum can help me with....

Firstly I’m trying to find out the exact health requirements for a 482 visa. What do we need to prove when applying for this visa? I’m finding the home affairs website unclear. 

Secondly, do we need I pay for my child’s school in Victoria on a 482? The appropriate website hasn’t been updated since the 482 was introduced! So anyone who is living in Victoria know what happens?? 

TIA! 

14 hours ago, Quoll said:

Victoria don’t currently charge school fees for temporary visa holders so I doubt they will suddenly start without some hullabaloo going on. 

Thanks! 457 was listed as not required to pay school fees Si was hoping 482 the same

16 hours ago, Quoll said:

Victoria don’t currently charge school fees for temporary visa holders so I doubt they will suddenly start without some hullabaloo going on. 

You would certainly hear about it BUT don’t assume it will not happen.  Both SA and WA decided to charge and they implemented it immediately to existing visa holders, albeit with some concessions. Melbourne schools must be getting pretty full with the population increase, they are building lots of houses and will need more schools, the money has to come from somewhere.........

• Like 1

457 visa holders needed to hold Overseas Visitor cover.  Most insurers will specifically mention the policies that meet the requirements of a 457 visa. Hopefully they're updating their information to now specify the 482 visa.

AFAIK, once you can register for Medicare you can then cancel the insurance (in case you have reciprocal coverage), but I'm not 100% sure on that.

• 9 months later...