WHV questions

JR1988

Hi can anyone help with answering these questions when it comes to a 417 WHV

Do you have a year to use the visa from the date it was granted or date it was applied for? There is a few months difference between these 2 with my visa and im assuming its the date it was granted but need to be 110% sure

If you dont use the visa within the one year do you need to re-apply or is there anyway of extending your current visa?

It says the visa is for 18 to 30 year olds, i turned 30 a few months ago so im assuming its still ok to use it? And what happens regarding a second year at this old age, can you apply if you've done a first year but you're now 31?

Thanks

Never heard that you can only apply once for a WHV, any links to this information?

Another question, can you apply for a second year as soon as you have done your 3months regional work or do you have to complete a whole year? If i get to Australia and do my regional straight away then i'll still be 30 when applying to stay for a second year

Second Working Holiday Visa

To apply for a second Working Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 417), you must:

• have complied with all the conditions on your first Working Holiday visa
  • have not previously held more than one Working Holiday visa
  • have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday visa
  • have not yet turned 31 years of age.

If you are already in Australia, and wish to remain onshore, you should apply for a second Working Holiday visa before your current visa expires and before you have turned 31 years of age.

2 hours ago, JR1988 said:

Hi can anyone help with answering these questions when it comes to a 417 WHV

Do you have a year to use the visa from the date it was granted or date it was applied for? There is a few months difference between these 2 with my visa and im assuming its the date it was granted but need to be 110% sure

If you dont use the visa within the one year do you need to re-apply or is there anyway of extending your current visa?

It says the visa is for 18 to 30 year olds, i turned 30 a few months ago so im assuming its still ok to use it? And what happens regarding a second year at this old age, can you apply if you've done a first year but you're now 31?

Thanks

I'm no expert but I think you have to actually cancel your WHV if you aren't going to use it then it is OK to reapply for another later.

2 hours ago, ali said:

Second Working Holiday Visa

To apply for a second Working Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 417), you must:

• have complied with all the conditions on your first Working Holiday visa
  • have not previously held more than one Working Holiday visa
  • have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday visa
  • have not yet turned 31 years of age.

If you are already in Australia, and wish to remain onshore, you should apply for a second Working Holiday visa before your current visa expires and before you have turned 31 years of age.

ok thanks, so it sounds like i could get to Australia, do my 3 months regional and apply for my second year straight after which would be before turning 31 ( January 2019 )

2 hours ago, Toots said:

I'm no expert but I think you have to actually cancel your WHV if you aren't going to use it then it is OK to reapply for another later.

possibly, im not sure on this and havent been able to find any information on it

1 hour ago, JR1988 said:

possibly, im not sure on this and havent been able to find any information on it

Its correct. You would need to actually cancel it, rather than just not use it. However there doesn't seem much point to that at your age as you are virtually on the upper age limit anyway