are the ozzies more interest in you life history or something

onecrankypom

Is it me but theses compaines are getting so Noses asking why my O/H didnt move to UK and why i came here. It nice to hear Congrualtions and welcome to the country but it like they want to know your life history it like meeting the in laws but worse.(im a private person who like to keep stuff to my self but it like they want to find a skelton in your cupboard) It seems they are more interested in your personal life and not hiring you. Dam it like 20 questions :mask::realmad:

Guest Guest9973

I'd not worry too much about it at all - it is the norm here.

Aussies are genuinely interested in you in general,things are much more open here I find.

Employers do like to get to know you - after all you have arrived as a stranger in this land.

A lot of Aussies work on a more relaxed and personal basis here.If I were bringing someone into a team I'd certainly like to get to know them.

It's not always about those certificates and bits of paper that say you can knit fog - it's about getting on with people.

:yes::yes:

I wouldnt worry, they arent really interested anyway - they are probably just waiting for something so they can jump in with their story or, more likely, they want you to ask the question in return in which case they will regale you with their history.

I think the accent is a big attraction to the aussies ,i too regually get asked why we moved here,it dosnt bother me its just the friendly aussies wanting to chat and anyone who knows me knows ill chat forever,lol ,they are also probably very intrigued because of the amount of pommies flooding over ,,i really dont think its asked in an offensive way ,maybe your feeling a touchy Cranky because your down,,

Cal x

i not felt so down in so long it really making me think where i want to be right now and knowing im not having to think just about me now i got a finace and a son to think about to. so it not the easiest time right now espically after reading about a reunion happening back in the uk soon and all i want to do it see ppl i not seen in a long time. Even i know all well work it self out. I still wake up at 5am ever morning thinking i got to get on a train to work but it so hits me hard in a big way

But your on your own ,i know you are with your girl and kids but they havnt moved so cant possibly understand the seriousness of it all,there should be loads of poms up north lakes way(sure you said u were there) can you not meet up with some of them for a chat,coffee etc ,wish you were nearer id try and cheer you up.Honestly most people suffer 'wobbles' for a good few weeks after arriving ,dont bottle it up for gods sake or youll be cracking up,,keep smiling

Cal x

p.s ,, do you have a webcam etc set up to chat to your old mates and family?

hi cranky!

we are in northlakes, up on finnegan if you want to call in (we've got no furniture so you'd have to bring you're own chair!)

We've been here a week (landed in brissy almost 4 weeks ago). Hubby is looking for a job too... no luck so far. Just bought a car which has just broken....! hardly any money left and 2 kids to feed and amuse....oh well, at least we've got a tv!!!

Drop me a line, hubby could do with somebody to talk to!

Debby

Guest Jaynie
hi cranky!

we are in northlakes, up on finnegan if you want to call in (we've got no furniture so you'd have to bring you're own chair!)

We've been here a week (landed in brissy almost 4 weeks ago). Hubby is looking for a job too... no luck so far. Just bought a car which has just broken....! hardly any money left and 2 kids to feed and amuse....oh well, at least we've got a tv!!!

Drop me a line, hubby could do with somebody to talk to!

Debby

That is so nice of you.....I remember those days too, no furniture, but you sound really happy, just what Cranky needs, BTW.....He's not really Cranky! lol:jiggy:

Guest earlswood

They are not the slightest bit intreasted in you...they just love to wind-up poms and try and put obstacles in your way and jump down your throat if anything negative comes out of your mouth about Oz.

ohhhh for a bit of TRUE honesty from an Oz...not a sarcastic throwaway comment.

Oh well, we are still interested and our offer stands... you are also welcome earlswood if you're ever in brissy.....

Cal, geoff has fixed the car.... nothing that a tube of superglue can't fix..... apparently (might start sniffing it later!!)

Anyway, must dash and watch another episode of 2 and 1/2 men, will the excitment ever end...... :biglaugh:

Debby

They are not the slightest bit intreasted in you...they just love to wind-up poms and try and put obstacles in your way and jump down your throat if anything negative comes out of your mouth about Oz.

ohhhh for a bit of TRUE honesty from an Oz...not a sarcastic throwaway comment.

Earslwood dont comment on qld aussies from what ive seen and heard off you they are a milliom miles apart from the ones you meet,every aussie ive met has been helpful and friendly ,maybe its the vibes you give off,,lol

Cal x

Guest earlswood
Earslwood dont comment on qld aussies from what ive seen and heard off you they are a milliom miles apart from the ones you meet,every aussie ive met has been helpful and friendly ,maybe its the vibes you give off,,lol

Cal x

I work and meet lots of aussies in my job....some are great and I have made some good friends....I also work one or 2 nights a week as a barman when needed and have found that a large majority of aussies DO NOT LIKE POMS and treat them like the indigenous population of the UK treat immigrants...glad you have only had good experiences...but I live in the REAL world I am afraid and can see through the mist.

could argue mate but really cant be arsed ,i do live in the real world you need to wake up and realise your living in a sh*t hole,,if you dont like it move ,if you cant shut the hell up its because of poms like you we get a bad name!

Cal x

Guest Jaynie
could argue mate but really cant be arsed ,i do live in the real world you need to wake up and realise your living in a sh*t hole,,if you dont like it move ,if you cant shut the hell up its because of poms like you we get a bad name!

Cal x

Well said Cal, I for one am getting really tired of Earlswoods' comments on everything wrong in australia,maybe we should ask the consulate to deport him back to blighty! Then he could drive them mad instead of us.

Guest earlswood

Cal x

Poms like be say it like it is and don't give all the bull-**** that Oz is any better or any worse than the UK...just as much crime....just as much anti-social crap etc etc.

I do find it a backward boring Country but I am stuck in this dust-bowl till my contract is up.

I get it in reverse!!!! What on earth are you doing in this place!!!! etc etc etc, I have family in Perth. (do you know them) If I was 10 years younger!!! I had the chance to!!!!!! every day without fail someone will ask me why im i here, tell me about there trip to OZ, there plans to move to Oz or family in OZ.

So its a 2 way street. If you are different you will be asked! Not once had anyone said "GOOD MOVE AUSTRALIA WHAT A SH1THOLE OF A PLACE"

Geoffrey

the Aussies Love Me :) But I Am Lovable ...i Have Never Met One Aussie That Dislikes The Poms..

xx

i Do, I Hate The Poms!!!!!!

every Time They Come Over And Think They Can Beat Us At The Cricket (what A Joke He He He) Bloody Poms!!!! Bloody Perth!!!!!

Guest earlswood
i Do, I Hate The Poms!!!!!!

every Time They Come Over And Think They Can Beat Us At The Cricket (what A Joke He He He) Bloody Poms!!!! Bloody Perth!!!!!

I thought you were English:huh:

Poms like be say it like it is and don't give all the bull-**** that Oz is any better or any worse than the UK...just as much crime....just as much anti-social crap etc etc.

I do find it a backward boring Country but I am stuck in this dust-bowl till my contract is up.

hi earlswood i have read lots of your posts but never replied but I would just like to say lifes too short to be unhappy if you feel that bad why dont you break your contract nothing is worth feeling that bad in life sure you could get another job & beg, borrow I wont say steal lol the cash for getting outta there Im sure once you make the decision life seems to fall into place when u happy

good luck

Guest earlswood
hi earlswood i have read lots of your posts but never replied but I would just like to say lifes too short to be unhappy if you feel that bad why dont you break your contract nothing is worth feeling that bad in life sure you could get another job & beg, borrow I wont say steal lol the cash for getting outta there Im sure once you make the decision life seems to fall into place when u happy

good luck

Mate if I could I would but that is my airfair back to civilization.....I just want to take a few days in Madrid, Praque, Barcelona etc every couple of months...Living for me in Oz is like living in a void....no culture no history....NOTHING BLOODY DIFFERENT....NO ESCAPE.

Did you ever watch the "prisoner"

Archived