143 visa timeframe

Irvine

Hi, I’m applying for the Parental Subclass 143 VISA, is anybody else applying for this one and has any information regarding timeframe for being accepted (hopefully) or any information about the process that you can share please? Thank you 

Edited by snifter
Title amended

Thank you! It’s only me applying so the application form seemed very straight forward, and my son is my sponsor and his application seemed straight forward too! I thought as well that as it’s an expensive visa (approx £11,000) it could be within a year - I’m shocked! I only sent 2 weeks ago and so also thought I’d be allocated a case manager within a few weeks! Thank you again for your responses and best of luck with your applications 

13 hours ago, Irvine said:

Thank you! It’s only me applying so the application form seemed very straight forward, and my son is my sponsor and his application seemed straight forward too! I thought as well that as it’s an expensive visa (approx £11,000) it could be within a year - I’m shocked! I only sent 2 weeks ago and so also thought I’d be allocated a case manager within a few weeks! Thank you again for your responses and best of luck with your applications 

The visa cost is a LOT more than that. Over $60,000. 

Thank you. When I spoke to the Australian embassy yesterday they said between 19 and 20 thousand dollars.

Brilliant can I have the name of the official you spoke to because I'd like to pay that much as well [emoji3][emoji3].

You will be paying 43600 plus 10,000 for your AOS bond. Don't believe me, go on the immigration site and do the visa cost checker.

Bridgie
  • Like 2

How can you have submitted the application and not checked the costs? Whoever you spoke to is wrong.  I'd suggest you look on the Australian visa website for more information,. It doesn't make sense though as you'd have had to send the first instalment when you lodged the application so you must have looked at charges in order to do that, very strange.

20 hours ago, Agam said:

We applied 23 April 2015 and case officer allocated last month

Official update is shown as 20/4/2015. How could your case be allocated CO last month?

I think yours are more likely to get some of docs ready before CO assigned officially 

they asked to submit form 80 and medicals and police clearance and dependency questionnaire for my 24 year sister. Has anyone done the questionnaire before?stuck with question which is

what would u do if your file is unsuccessful?where would you live ? Who would support you ?

Edited by Agam

41 minutes ago, Agam said:

they asked to submit form 80 and medicals and police clearance and dependency questionnaire for my 24 year sister. Has anyone done the questionnaire before?stuck with question which is

what would u do if your file is unsuccessful?where would you live ? Who would support you ?

You - or more to the point, your sister, has to answer it honestly. Where would she live and who wuld support her if she is unsuccessful in getting a visa. No-one can answer it for you as no-one is in your sister's position. 

5 hours ago, Agam said:

Yours has not assigned CO yet. It is an invitation from PVC team to allow you to prepare some of docs ahead.  Did they ask you to lodge AOS with Centrelink yet?

I'm curious as to why you seem so worried about your sisters visa. If she is a genuine full time student dependant on her parent then why are you doubting things?  Where is she studying? Assume she will continue studying there when 173 is done?

2 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I'm curious as to why you seem so worried about your sisters visa. If she is a genuine full time student dependant on her parent then why are you doubting things?  Where is she studying? Assume she will continue studying there when 173 is done?

I am worried because when we applied she was only 21 years and now 24 she is genuine full time student but if she is not granted visa my mom will not accept to come 

Agam,
As far as visa 173 is concerned you need not worry for AOS at this stage but defiantly when you apply for visa 143 which is permanent than you require To get a sponsor and with that you have to deposit $ 10000 which will remain with them for 10 years. Visa 173 is a temporary visa, on so many places you will be handicapped. What I suggest, if can offered go for visa 143. As it is permanent visa so many facilities will be provided to you which will not be in case of Visa 143 for example if some one want want to do a security course. He can’t do it on visa 173. He need to be permanent residence in NSW.

1 hour ago, Agam said:

I am worried because when we applied she was only 21 years and now 24 she is genuine full time student but if she is not granted visa my mom will not accept to come 

I think you might need to check with an agent - I have in mind that the cut off for dependants even in fully time study was adjusted down to 23.

@wrussell I seem to recall that you had previously provided information to another poster on this topic - is the above statement right?

16 minutes ago, Ferrets said:

I think you might need to check with an agent - I have in mind that the cut off for dependants even in fully time study was adjusted down to 23.

@wrussell I seem to recall that you had previously provided information to another poster on this topic - is the above statement right?

According to previous announcement it says dependent should be less than 23 years before submitting file

• 1 month later...
On 16/03/2018 at 14:30, VERYSTORMY said:

Hi and welcome to the forum

The timeframes are currently about 2.5 years

Timeframe is more 39-40months at the mo we’ve been waiting 2.75 years and nothing yet!

On 18/03/2018 at 02:28, Agam said: