World Happiness Report 2018

Cerberus1

The Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations has just released 'The World Happiness Report 2018', which ranks 156 countries by their happiness levels, and 117 countries by the happiness of their immigrants.

The annual report weights in at 172 pages and can be viewed here - https://s3.amazonaws.com/happiness-report/2018/WHR_web.pdf

As well as looking at the overall happiness of a countries population, it also looks at happiness of the immigrant population.

happiness.png

happiness foreign.png

migrant-acceptence.png

On 15/03/2018 at 20:49, bristolman said:

So the happiest countries are the coldest ones, thats interesting. 

2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

its a load of rubbish to be honest, then again the happiest live in really cold countries.

lol, Brilliant, more comedy gold from the Chuckle brothers. :notworthy::biglaugh:

"WTF, the UK not top, BS aint it mate"

Well, no, it's a 170 page highly detailed annual report by the United Nations, who, (and I realise I'm going out on a limb here) probably have no interest in rigging the UK Australia positions.

and then, rather brilliantly,  lets run with:

'interesting the top countries are cool'

(lets put to one side the fact that if the results were a sliding scale based on climate, that would position the UK on the equator)

"the top countries are cool, we're cool - bob's your uncle"

except, and I really don't want to be the harbinger of bad news boys, the six determing factors are:

• levels of GDP
  • life expectancy
  • generosity
  • social support
  • freedom
  • corruption

I'm afraid the weather doesn't come into it. lol

• Haha 6

It's nothing

2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

its a load of rubbish to be honest, then again the happiest live in really cold countries.

It's nothing to do with the weather.

“That Finland is the top scorer is remarkable,” said Meik Wiking of the Happiness Research Institute in Denmark. “GDP per capita in Finland is lower than its neighbouring Nordic countries and is much lower than that of the US. The Finns are good at converting wealth into wellbeing. 

“In the Nordic countries in general, we pay some of the highest taxes in the world, but there is wide public support for that because people see them as investments in quality of life for all. Free healthcare and university education goes a long way when it comes to happiness. In the Nordic countries, Bernie Sanders is not viewed as progressive – he is just common sense,” added Wiking, referring to the leftwing US politician who galvanised the Democrat primaries in the 2016 presidential election. 

In Britain, figures from the Office for National Statistics suggest people have become happier in recent years. But the UN ranking places the UK in a lowly 19th place, the same as last year but behind Germany, Canada and Australia, although ahead of France and Spain."

3 hours ago, Cerberus1 said:

lol, Brilliant, more comedy gold from the Chuckle brothers. :notworthy::biglaugh:

"WTF, the UK not top, BS aint it mate"

Well, no, it's a 170 page highly detailed annual report by the United Nations, who, (and I realise I'm going out on a limb here) probably have no interest in rigging the UK Australia positions.

and then, rather brilliantly,  lets run with:

'interesting the top countries are cool'

(lets put to one side the fact that if the results were a sliding scale based on climate, that would position the UK on the equator)

"the top countries are cool, we're cool - bob's your uncle"

except, and I really don't want to be the harbinger of bad news boys, the six determing factors are:

• levels of GDP
  • life expectancy
  • generosity
  • social support
  • freedom
  • corruption

I'm afraid the weather doesn't come into it. lol

calm down luv.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 03:39, Sandgroper said:

United Nations so difficult to dispute the results really.

actually no..

The World Happiness Report was written by a group of independent "experts" acting in their personal capacities. Any views expressed in this report do not necessarily reflect the views of any organization, agency or programme of the United Nations

The authors are the typical lefty uni lecturers.One from the LSE (say no more) and another was involved in occupy wall street.

File this thread under "Fake News"

Edited by simmo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Look all joking aside good on those cold countries for 'winning' this latest survey, it's actually interesting to read but let's be honest wherever you country comes on that list it will not impact the individual one bit. It allows some to say oh look we came 10th and you only came 20th. None of that matters to Australian farmers commtting suicide or to those girls affected by grooming gangs or all those in people on antidepression medication or dying of cancer. All it does is massage egos. If a family or individual is happier in the UK or Australia then a survey by the U.N. is irrelevant really. For a family looking to move to Australia they might see it as the final piece of the puzzle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest The Pom Queen
7 hours ago, simmo said:

actually no..

The authors are the typical lefty uni lecturers.One from the LSE (say no more) and another was involved in occupy wall street.

Fake news ? I bet if UK was up there then it would be “the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth” 

Guest The Pom Queen
6 hours ago, bristolman said:

Look all joking aside good on those cold countries for 'winning' this latest survey, it's actually interesting to read but let's be honest wherever you country comes on that list it will not impact the individual one bit. It allows some to say oh look we came 10th and you only came 20th. None of that matters to Australian farmers commtting suicide or to those girls affected by grooming gangs or all those in people on antidepression medication or dying of cancer. All it does is massage egos. If a family or individual is happier in the UK or Australia then a survey by the U.N. is irrelevant really. For a family looking to move to Australia they might see it as the final piece of the puzzle. 

Did you actually read any of it? Weather doesn’t play a factor. It’s not an Oz v UK study so stop trying to play one off against the other it’s a study on the United Nations.

Guest The Pom Queen

I was shocked at “the most accepting of migrants” quite a few countries I wouldn’t have expected to come in the top 10. No mention of the UK either yet look how many migrants they have.

2 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

I was shocked at “the most accepting of migrants” quite a few countries I wouldn’t have expected to come in the top 10. No mention of the UK either yet look how many migrants they have.

That is very odd.  The UK has been very accepting of migrants for decades.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bristolman said:

well said!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simmo said:

actually no..

SO you and bristolman now believe the UN is a leftist organisation........okay :/:/

Guest The Pom Queen
44 minutes ago, bristolman said:

Thank you, it's just the facts really. 

Obviously not when you look at the study and the reason a lot of the older generation chose to leave the EU. I think it use to be around 15 years ago but from what I hear things have changed, maybe it depends on the area but West Yorkshire seems to have been taken over and a lot who were born and bred there have been forced out.