paper application?????

Guest X-Ray Babe

Guest bailey

Hi All,

Back from our holiday and back to the rain of the UK.

Thanks for all the congrats and best wishes, here is our complete timeline.

Visa 176 family sponsored (uncle)

Appointed Thinking Australia March 2007

Completed skills assessment with Engineers Australia Sept 2007 (took three weeks)

Reckie trip to Perth October 2007

Application completed by agent and sent off (paperbased) 14th December 2007

Application acknowledged by ASPC 14th January 2008

House put on Market February 2008

House sold STC three days later

Medicals done and sent off March 2008 (against agents advice)

Police Checks completed and sent off April 2008 (against agents advice)

Moved into rental May 2008

Sent off letter of complaint September 2008

Visa granted (no case officer) 19th September 2008!!!

Flights being booked for Oct/Nov 2008.

Approx Costs

Thinking Australia £1,850

Skills Assessment £100

Application Fee £900

Medicals and Police Checks £960 (2 adults, 3 children (11, 10 and newborn)

Good luck everyone still waiting - I would strongly suggest that everyone still waiting prior to December 2007 writes in and complains.

Bailey

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG :jiggy:GOT IT, WE GOT IT!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO:jiggy:get writing them letters guys i sent an email direct to co yesterday just saying hope all info statisfies etc & p.s would love to be planning my xmas barbie on the beach & guess what there human she even said wish you & kate a wonderful life in oz & p.s enjoy your xmas barbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how good is that

ok i sooooooooooooo feel for the octs/novs out there still waiting but it will come & a little shove in the right direction wont harm

goodluck guys I wanna see all ya names gone I will try & keep the list updated coz i wanna wish u all congrats

omg soooooooooooooo much to do but just gonna enjoy today thanks for the support guys your all ace

Guest bailey

Well done Stillhere, it takes a few days to sink in after so long waiting for news.

I think Oct/Nov applicants should start to write in and make sure they are up to date with meds/police etc as they can not be long.

Not a bad time to get visa, I nearly secured a forward contract with HifX in August when it was around the $2.17 to the pound but did it yesturday when it reached $2.42 (although just looked today and up to $2.59 gutted but still pleased with the rate I got as its roughly what I had hoped for when I started March 2007).

Bailey

Guest Rob&Ani

:jiggy:CONGRATULATIONS :jiggy:

.................stillhere...............

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I've just rung Rob to let him know the brilliant news. So chuffed for you guys and such a quick response, as you only sent your info on Friday.

Hope your sitting down looking at the Boat Brochures, cant wait for our trip out!!!!!! LOL

Bottoms is it tooooo early to go and have a drink to celebrate with you guys......?

Ani & Rob XXX

hi all 2 grants already this week & only wednesday bailey & stillhere (ME) have been granted the visa whoohoo good luck everyone lets hope this week bring some good news for ya all

STILL WAITING :cry:

SEPT adamchippie, (not sure adamchippies still around)

OCT the andrews 26th oct 176, (cant believe

andy,tina,luke&georgie oct 176, you oct guys are still waiting)

NOV mildred 1st nov 175,

gaztin 8th nov 176,

bagendbunch 13th nov 176,

rajag 14th nov,

Liz 27th nov 175,

DEC tillymint dec 176,

deepaa 8th dec 175,

rob&ani 31st dec 175,

JAN lou08 jan 175,

tomlinsons 7th jan 175,

FEB em&paul feb 175,

the brammies 12th feb 175,

annemarie&brian 12th feb, 175,

MAR no-one??????????

APR bshootz apr,

megmor 1st apr 176,

jaq4chop 24th apr 175

AUG petra & dave 28th aug

GOT IT :jiggy:

SEPT caza75 1/08/08

2nd OCT shellynelly 14/08/08 175

5th OCT macfarlanesd 31/07/08 175

8th OCT ninjanicky 19/08/08 175

11th OCT 7gotooz 8/07/08 175

18th OCT moose 30/7/08

16th NOV shellj 11/09/08 175

19th FEB xray-babe 2/10/08 175,

14th DEC bailey 03/10/08 176,

5th DEC stillhere 08/10/08 175,

goodluck guys the waiting list IS getting shorter slowly but surely there must be a few octs & novs ready to be granted any day!!!!!

Guest Bag End Bunch

Congratulations Stillhere - really pleased for you!!! :jiggy: Have you booked your flights yet?!

After a bit of phoning and emailing on our part and getting our agent to phone aswell we have found out that our application has been allocated to a case team! Hopefully not too long now!! Fingers, toes and everything else crossed cos I can't take much more!!!! :wacko:

Alex

Guest Petra & Dave
oh my word we have our visa 176 skilled sponsored 8/10/08 nearly a year but wayhhhhay we have, thanks all , advice , moans and groans, lets hope they come thick and fast well faster than ours did!!

Thats great news one more down :notworthy:

celebrations all round tonight

Dave

Guest Rob&Ani
oh my word we have our visa 176 skilled sponsored 8/10/08 nearly a year but wayhhhhay we have, thanks all , advice , moans and groans, lets hope they come thick and fast well faster than ours did!!

Congrats Big Time!!!!

All the very best!

Rob & Ani

Guest annemarie and brian
OMG :jiggy:GOT IT, WE GOT IT!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO:jiggy:get writing them letters guys i sent an email direct to co yesterday just saying hope all info statisfies etc & p.s would love to be planning my xmas barbie on the beach & guess what there human she even said wish you & kate a wonderful life in oz & p.s enjoy your xmas barbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how good is that

ok i sooooooooooooo feel for the octs/novs out there still waiting but it will come & a little shove in the right direction wont harm

goodluck guys I wanna see all ya names gone I will try & keep the list updated coz i wanna wish u all congrats

omg soooooooooooooo much to do but just gonna enjoy today thanks for the support guys your all ace

CONGRATULATIONS

well done stillhere its definetly going to be a good week,go and have a good drink

we shall have one here for you.

please keep us informed how it all gose and when you go and get there,have a great

time celebrating,think of you all.

annemarie

:jiggy:CONGRTULATIONS

well done the andrews this is defiently turning out a really good week,hopefully

some more but wont push as they might stop being nice.

go enjoy.

annemarie

hi all 3 grants this week & only wednesday bailey, stillhere (ME) & the andrews have been granted the visa whoohoo good luck everyone lets hope this week bring some good news for ya all

STILL WAITING :cry:

SEPT adamchippie, (not sure adamchippies still around)

OCT

andy,tina,luke & georgie 26th oct 176, (you guys MUST be next)

NOV mildred 1st nov 175,

gaztin 8th nov 176,

bagendbunch 13th nov 176,

rajag 14th nov,

Liz 27th nov 175,

DEC tillymint dec 176,

deepaa 8th dec 175,

rob&ani 31st dec 175,

JAN lou08 jan 175,

tomlinsons 7th jan 175,

FEB em&paul feb 175,

the brammies 12th feb 175,

annemarie&brian 12th feb, 175,

MAR no-one??????????

APR bshootz apr,

megmor 1st apr 176,

jaq4chop 24th apr 175

AUG petra & dave 28th aug

GOT IT :jiggy:

SEPT caza75 1/08/08

2nd OCT shellynelly 14/08/08 175

5th OCT macfarlanesd 31/07/08 175

8th OCT ninjanicky 19/08/08 175

11th OCT 7gotooz 8/07/08 175

18th OCT moose 30/7/08

26th OCT the andrews 8/10/08 176,

16th NOV shellj 11/09/08 175

19th FEB xray-babe 2/10/08 175,

14th DEC bailey 03/10/08 176,

5th DEC stillhere 08/10/08 175,

goodluck guys the waiting list IS getting shorter 3 already this week it must andy,tina,luke & georgie time soon get that letter sent!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest andy,tina,lukeandgeorgie

no worrys letter sent last night (can you see we are already talking like an ozzie) do you think it will help us get our visa.............

Hi All,

Well, flights booked for 29th October, going with Quantas, booked online 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant, £2425. (one way)

See you all on the other side!!

Bailey:jiggy:

well done goodluck (so jealous) have a safe journey take care, you never know we

might bump into each other on the other side.

annemarie

Guest Rob&Ani

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE GOT OUR VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

Big thanks for everyones help and support - PIO really helped us through the dark months of waiting.

The visa's are coming fast!!! Good luck to everyone not long to wait!!

Get those letters into AU immi - nothing better than a nice friendly rant to get results.

Rob & Ani & Joe & Matt

Archived