Partner Visa 309/100

• 2 months later...

Hi, so we received our 309/100 both on 9th August:)). It was about 4 months since we submitted last requested files and 6 months total since signing up. 

Our grant says For first entry arrive by 21 March 2018. Must not arrive after 23rd August 2023.

Can anyone confirm....

Does this mean we must by in Oz before 21 March 2018 or does it mean arrive between those dates? 

Hubby and I are both a bit confused by the wording. 

Thanks and good luck to everyone! 

Hi, so we received our 309/100 both on 9th August:)). It was about 4 months since we submitted last requested files and 6 months total since signing up. 
Our grant says For first entry arrive by 21 March 2018. Must not arrive after 23rd August 2023.
Can anyone confirm....
Does this mean we must by in Oz before 21 March 2018 or does it mean arrive between those dates? 

Hey, congrats on the 100... looks like they are catching up on those visa where further info was requested so hopefully new applications are next.
I assume you mean 21st March 19???
If i have read that right then i think you need to enter Australia before 21/3/19, but that doesnt mean you need to move, you just need to clear immigration and validate the visa. I think you have to move by the second date. But tbh i would call them to check, this is just my understanding of how it works.
Exciting times .... best of luck with the move

Yes I did mean 21 March 2019 lol
Thanks for the reply! I thought as much but hubby confused me. I will confirm with immi though.

I did chase them up two weeks before we got approved, asking if everything was okay as our status had
always been on 'initial assessment' which I thought was weird.

I wonder if that made any difference or if it was just coincidence that it got approved shortly after.

Anyway thanks for the best wishes and all the best!! Indeed exciting times ahead:))

46 minutes ago, DufusJufus77 said:

Yes I did mean 21 March 2019 lol
Thanks for the reply! I thought as much but hubby confused me. I will confirm with immi though.

I did chase them up two weeks before we got approved, asking if everything was okay as our status had
always been on 'initial assessment' which I thought was weird.

I wonder if that made any difference or if it was just coincidence that it got approved shortly after.

Anyway thanks for the best wishes and all the best!! Indeed exciting times ahead:))

The first date, in March 2019, is your validation date. You MUST make your first entry to Australia by that date, you can then either stay or leave again. 

The second date, in 5 years time, is the last date on which you can enter Australia using that visa. After that date you need either citizenship or a RRV to enter Australia. If you are in the country by that date, then you can stay permanently. It's just that the travel rights on the visa only last 5 years. 

• Like 3

On 12/08/2018 at 11:38, DufusJufus77 said:

Can anyone confirm....

Great news, congratulations,  We applied on the 19th March very soon after you so here's hoping!

When are you hoping to move?

• Like 1

On 12/08/2018 at 11:38, DufusJufus77 said:

Can anyone confirm....

Hi. Sorry can I ask when you say “last requested files” do you mean a case worker asked for further info? So you already had a caseworker at that point? Or do you mean that you’d only justtkt around to submitting all your evidence 4 months ago

sorry to question there’s quite a few of us anxiously waiting from applying in March and April and any info helps!

many congrats!! What part are you moving to?

On 17/08/2018 at 21:02, Floyd18 said:

Congratulations DufusJufus77. Positive news. Can you confirm you will be posting on here when yours is approved Jon the Hat. I think you are probably next. I applied on 10th April and would appreciate knowing that things are moving.

I certainly will.

• 1 month later...
Hi all, 

We've just been asked for my partner (Sponsor) to submit police checks, has anyone else had this?

Thanks,

Heya,

I think most people front loaded medical and both theirs and their partners police checks with the inital application so dont expect contact until a yes /no on the grant.

Good to hear they are looking at applications though.... would be nice to hear of a few grants coming out of London soon .... reignite the hope a bit.

Let us know how you get on ... were you applying out of London?

• Like 1

On 24/09/2018 at 12:09, Katiebobbles said:

Heya,

I think most people front loaded medical and both theirs and their partners police checks with the inital application so dont expect contact until a yes /no on the grant.

Good to hear they are looking at applications though.... would be nice to hear of a few grants coming out of London soon .... reignite the hope a bit.

Let us know how you get on ... were you applying out of London?

Yes applied out of London, through an agent. I haven't seen/heard much activity on 309/100 recently. Still hoping to have a decision this year. The unknown wait is a killer. 

50 minutes ago, ATE said:

Applied in April through an agent. Front loaded everything and were told not to do the police checks for my partner unless requested (even though it states to do them) 

Well at least someone in London has some contact!  I am a week or two ahead in times of lodgement time, but I included Police checks for my Sponsor up front.