189/190 Visas from Nov-Dec 2017

Guest Cristina

According to the comments on the guys account, he does say 19 Jan (but never clarified a year)

That being said on the expats forum there is a doctor who got a grant with lodgment date 11 Dec, and another person with lodgement date 20 December.

So although I am not sure about the guy in Jan, it does appear they starting to look at Dec lodgement dates. 

Guest Cristina
30 minutes ago, lothar said:

According to the comments on the guys account, he does say 19 Jan (but never clarified a year)

That being said on the expats forum there is a doctor who got a grant with lodgment date 11 Dec, and another person with lodgement date 20 December.

So although I am not sure about the guy in Jan, it does appear they starting to look at Dec lodgement dates. 

All of this is so odd!! I am very pleased they are moving forward but suddenly they are jumping randomly into mid Dec, end Dec and mid Jan? On the same day? Only God knows how they process our visas and what structure they follow. I am completely lost! Just hoping for the best since we are 22nd Dec. Good luck to everybody!

13 minutes ago, Cristina said:

All of this is so odd!! I am very pleased they are moving forward but suddenly they are jumping randomly into mid Dec, end Dec and mid Jan? On the same day? Only God knows how they process our visas and what structure they follow. I am completely lost! Just hoping for the best since we are 22nd Dec. Good luck to everybody!

There are so many possible explanations.  They could be taking applicants with the highest scores first, regardless of when they applied.  Or perhaps different occupations are handled by different officers, and the person handling the doctors' queue isn't as busy as the person handling the other queues.   We do know that no one under 70 points is being considered at all.

Guest Cristina
8 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

There are so many possible explanations.  They could be taking applicants with the highest scores first, regardless of when they applied.  Or perhaps different occupations are handled by different officers, and the person handling the doctors' queue isn't as busy as the person handling the other queues.   We do know that no one under 70 points is being considered at all.

There are many possible explanations indeed, but DHA approach has always been 'first come first served' regardless of the points so I would be very surprised if points had anything to do with this. The fact that dates go up and down is more likely because of different work load of each CO and maybe because of different checks being recommended for different countries (they used to have a list of high risk countries where more checks were required, but this was quite unofficial) or even occupations (like verifying skill assessment and experience with different bodies depending on occupation). But the allocation of cases to COs should be based on lodgement date and that's it.

What do you mean by nobody under 70 points is being considered at all? Once the visa is lodged, points don't matter. They are not rejecting visas below 70 points. Their way of regulating entry is by setting the EOI process which filters people by number of points. But once you have been invited, I don't think points have any impact on the processing time. Have you got any other info about this?

43 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

As far as I know, according to DHA, once you have received your ITA your points and occupation no longer matter. They process in batches which older ones getting looked at first.

They also mention "complete" applications get looked at first, so this would be ones that have PCC and Medical attached.

On 11/05/2018 at 19:01, Nirav said:

The onshore applicants have been contacted from December and January, I am not sure, if onshore applicants gets priority !! :(

Trust me ive been living in australia since 2012..applied in december for 190 and still waiting..no CO contacted my lawyer...people from january and february already got the grant

On 11/05/2018 at 20:04, Ronco88 said:

Trust me ive been living in australia since 2012..applied in december for 190 and still waiting..no CO contacted my lawyer... people from january and february already got the grant

I believe you, but the current stats are all different :(

Hi Everyone
Regarding invites not being issued to people with 65points or below, is that regardless of which job you do.
If your job was more sort after would that change anything or is it across all job sectors.
Thanks
I think your type of job is considered only for pro rata jobs. Currently accountants regardless of points are not being invited. When they start the new cycle they will probably dominate with high points and push us 65 pointers further back.
The only option is to go for 190 or try to increase your points.
IMO i must add.

Thanks Rasrad

I am going to sit my IELTS at the end of june to try and get the extra 20 points which would give me 75points in total.

I am an engineer and spoke with an immigration agent middle of last year who said that he could fast track me as they are desperate for what I do (How true that is I don't know).

It does seem like all variations of 189 visas are being granted now through Dec.

There is no single country anymore, no single profession, there is onshore and offshore, etc. 

So I guess it is now the luck of the draw on how the pile fell when it went through to processing.

I think the wait now that I know they processing Dec will be worse than when I knew they were was at least a few weeks away....