State sponsorship do you have to actually live in that state ?

Hey we are applying for visa with nsw state sponsorship. All got lodged today so just a waiting game now as to whether visa gets granted. Do we actually legally have to live and work in nsw?? Husband is a bricklayer and we aren't sure if there is enough work in that state. Also we preferred the temp and look of Brisbane?? Any one got in on a state sponsorship but didn't stay in the State?? I know it's only a moral obligation 

• Like 1

As far as i'm aware it is a moral obligation, however, if you are applying for NSW state sponsorship and have no intentions of residing there at all then some would argue that it may be a fraudulent attempt at gaining a visa.  I would imagine that most do commit to their chosen state at least initially in an effort to secure employment. .  190 being a PR visa you are obviously entitled to stay in Australia, and you are supposed to notify immigration where you are living - I have read (but don't know how true it is) that failure to notify of moving and not fulfilling an obligation can cause problems when applying for RRV/citizenship in the future (don't know if this is just scaremongery or if it has actually effected peoples via applications). 

I don't' think there's any problem in going to NSW and if you can't find work then notifying the dept of moving.

2 hours ago, AdamandJemma said:

Think this has come across not how inmeant it to? We are planning on living working in the state that sponsor us. However I wondered if my husband can't find work in that particular state. What happens as we have state sponsorship.its just for arguments sake?? 

There is a lot of building work going on around the Sydney area so he should be OK in NSW.