Days are getting longer

simmo

10 hours ago, simmo said:

Spring is in the air..

Image result for uk first crocus bulbs

Blimey that's early for crocuses.  They usually don't appear until at least Feb.  You'll be telling us you're sunbathing next.  B|

My sister is staying with us just now and before she left Edinburgh the sun was setting at 3:45pm  - you probably get slightly longer daylight in London.

Edited by Toots

1 hour ago, Toots said:

Blimey that's early for crocuses.  They usually don't appear until at least Feb.  You'll be telling us you're sunbathing next.  B|

My sister is staying with us just now and before she left Edinburgh the sun was setting at 3:45pm  - you probably get slightly longer daylight in London.

We have shoots but not flowers. I would like to see a current newspaper in that photo!

Saying that, the blue tits are cleaning out the nesting box.

10 hours ago, simmo said:

winter solstice was 21st dec and from here every day gets longer until the summer solstice. Unless you are in Australia then I presume its the opposite. 

You presume correctly.  The 21st Dec was our longest day and now our days will be getting a bit shorter.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Sandgroper said:

Lights should be on all the time all year round to many dick head drivers around!

You can't really see a bikes lights in the daytime unless you invest serious money.

I wear high viz as well. Plus, it's only a short hop to the train station.