187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi all,

we have received nomination approval today from our MA.

can anyone tell me what this means? Would this mean we have a CO now looking at the application? Or do they happen at different stages?

lodged 31st oct Perth DRC.

thankyou

Congrats mate .... you are lucky . It depends sometime its a same CO deciding both nomination and visa application. I jave a feeling you will get 187 by tomorrow or maximum this week . Good luck and keep updating us. I applied my stand alone nomination on 15th of December and still no news . I applied my visa last month as it was expiring on 15th pf march so couldn't really do a decision ready one . Any ways I still haven't heard about nomination.

Cheers

Congrats mate .... you are lucky . It depends sometime its a same CO deciding both nomination and visa application. I jave a feeling you will get 187 by tomorrow or maximum this week . Good luck and keep updating us. I applied my stand alone nomination on 15th of December and still no news . I applied my visa last month as it was expiring on 15th pf march so couldn't really do a decision ready one . Any ways I still haven't heard about nomination.

Cheers

thanks and fingers crossed, ill keep you posted. Good luck to you also

Hi Landrover7

Did you mention you thought that your medicals may have been refered or do you not have CO yet :biggrin:

Pete

Hey Pete, We had our medicals in Jan and have not heard anything. I would think if they were referred we would have heard by now??What do you think? We are getting our PR visa through MA (AMA) arranged by employer. They have not contacted us so I presume no CO yet.

Hubbies medical was refered. The only way we knew was because the envelope hasn't arrived in the mail so he phoned them.

Our medicals were online and MA said that if they were referred we would be told! Other than that we can't get any info. MA said that they have emailed diac regarding all of the DRC visas but no updates were received. I really have no info except what MA is telling us which is basically the very very minimum.

Hey Pete, We had our medicals in Jan and have not heard anything. I would think if they were referred we would have heard by now??What do you think? We are getting our PR visa through MA (AMA) arranged by employer. They have not contacted us so I presume no CO yet.

Hi Landrover7

Im not sure on the refered thing as we didnt do our medicals until the case officer requested us to, did them 5 weeks ago and not heard a thing, wasnt sure with you having done your medicals if you was just waiting on a reply from the MOC but best of luck :wink:

Pete

FINALLY GUYS!!! PR Granted Yesterday afternoon...Thanks to God and to everyone on this thread..Timeline: (Decision Ready -( 187 )PARAMATTA) NOMINATION & VISA lodged 8/Oct/2012, CO allocated 26/Mar/2013, Visa GRANTED 3/Apr/2013. Industrial Engineer.

Wish and hope everyone will be approved soonest time...

hi all im knew on this thing, we put our RSMS 187 app in on oct 24th 2012, non dcr, had medicals and they were sent via ehealth, no CO as yet, parramatta dealing with us, i think,, we going canberra one hopes, going up the wall with frustration, and the waiting is most excruciating. just a couple weeks off 6 months now , low risk, praying for CO to take me and the family to the promised land. has anyone checked out form 80 yet? hope CO dont request we fill one in , as looks like it a nightmare to complete.

Hi Bolo

Congratulations mate ...

Can I ask are you from a low risk or a high risk country? And do they call employer or visit before approving PR?

Cheers

Thanks...I am from a high risk country. They didn't call employer but they did request me to fill up Form 80. Day after the submission, PR granted.

im uk born, went to live in south africa with my parents when i was just 7, came back to live in england when i was 21 , that was 1987, so been back in uk 26 years now, so im hoping CO dont request me doing form 80, most cases that i come across of people doing a form 80 is because they from high risk, so fingers crossed

Hi Guys,

Did anyone waiting nomination approval before submit their application.

My employer submitted nomination on 27th Septemper 2012. (187)

And I was thinking waiting till nomination is approved before I apply for the visa. Because my salary ($44000) on the contract is below TSMIT. I thought it might not get approved so I don't want to waste another $3000.

Now the nomination is taking longer than I though and I'm worried it's gonna take the same time for my visa application.

My employer is willing to increase my salary, so is it possible if my salary is low the CO will ask for an update of the contract instead refuse me directly. If so, i'll submit my visa application now.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hii every one ,,herez my Timeline

Rcb applied in Oct 2012..

Approved In nov 2012

Applied for visa and nomination Dec 2012..High Risk,,And Non drc.cook

Can any body tell me what happens if I get a new employer during the period,,,I mean if a new guy buys my hotel,,,??