187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

TODAY IS MY DAY [emoji23]!!!
Hi Guys, just to inform you that my nomination has been granted today and the immi fella ask me only the NPC (national police clearance check) which was quite old (I did it 15 months ago), thanks god they didn't ask me the medical again even if I did the 13th sept 2016 .
Now I'm overseas on holidays to my family and YES, today is gonna be a good DAY.
Some details of my application
DATE OF APPLICATION: 10 JUNE 2016 (BOTH NOM AND VISA)
WHEN I APPLIED I'VE ALREADY BEEN UNDER 457 FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER
STATE: WA, Perth 
POSITION: Cook
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES OF MY BOSS BUSINESS: (AROUND 40 OR 50, 15 OR 20 FULL TIME THE REST CASUAL)
MY AGE: 31, MY IELTS: 7, MY AU QUALIFICATION: COMMERCIAL COOKERY IV
NUMBER OF APPLICANTS: 1 (ME)
MY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: ITALY 
PLEASE IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE SEND ME A PM,
I'll be back in Perth on Saturday if you want to meet me or call me.
One day a guy in this forum wrote:
IT'S BETTER A LATE APPROVE RATHER THAN AN EARLY REFUSAL and after 15 months I feel I wanna say YES! It,s true.

I wish you all the best, greetings from Italy

Anthony

Congrats Anthony,
May I ask, did u get an email from immigration or did u have to wait for your migration agent to let you know???

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

2 hours ago, Antoker said:

TODAY IS MY DAY xD!!!

Hi Guys, just to inform you that my nomination has been granted today and the immi fella ask me only the NPC (national police clearance check) which was quite old (I did it 15 months ago), thanks god they didn't ask me the medical again even if I did the 13th sept 2016 .

Now I'm overseas on holidays to my family and YES, today is gonna be a good DAY.

NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES OF MY BOSS BUSINESS: (AROUND 40 OR 50, 15 OR 20 FULL TIME THE REST CASUAL)

IT'S BETTER A LATE APPROVE RATHER THAN AN EARLY REFUSAL and after 15 months I feel I wanna say YES! It,s true.

Anthony

Congratulations!

6 hours ago, Antoker said:

TODAY IS MY DAY xD!!!

Anthony

Congratulations mate. Best of luck for getting the visa approval. 

8 hours ago, Antoker said:

TODAY IS MY DAY xD!!!

Anthony

Congratulations 

8 hours ago, Antoker said:

TODAY IS MY DAY xD!!!

Anthony

congrats mate!

i know that feeling ? 

nom and visa applied july 27 2016

both grant: may 16, 2017

17 minutes ago, stellagee said:

From my exprience,It took 30 days for the CO to reopen my file after the date when the additional docs were requested. Can you please share your timeline?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Nomination 4th of November 2016, visa 22nd of November off shore high risk. Requested statements on 10th of august and updated 18th of august 

2 hours ago, MP15 said:

Hi everyone,

does anyone know about specific qualification requirement for Restaurant manager position for visa 187; or any Australian Diploma is considerable (eg. business, management or hospitality)?

Thanks 

Here is the information from legendcom. That ANZSCO position  is assessed by VETASSESS with caveat 8.

Positions for which occupation is inapplicable:

The position is in a limited service restaurant.

11.7 Café and Restaurant Manager (ANZSCO 141111)

Officers are referred to the relevant caveats in the applicable Instrument.

If the sponsoring business predominantly provides takeaway or fast food services in a small retail establishment, food court or casual dining outlet, this occupation is not considered appropriate for the business. That is, this occupation is appropriate only if the tasks of the position as specified in ANZSCO include planning menus in consultation with chefs and the planning and organising of special functions (as opposed to administering functions initiated by customers).

Shift or duty manager positions are not equivalent to a café and restaurant manager because one restaurant manager should not report to another restaurant manager, that is, there can only be one manager responsible for the overall operation of the business.

Given the absence of such occupations in ANZSCO as ‘Restaurant Supervisor’, ‘Shift Restaurant Supervisor’, ‘Restaurant Duty Manager’ and ‘Assistant Restaurant Manager’, under policy these functions are taken to be equivalent to such assistant and supervisory roles because they exist in the broader retail environment for occupations that may be described as Retail Supervisor (ANZSCO Code 621511, Skill Level 4). Retail Supervisor would therefore not be eligible for nomination under ENS or RSMS.

11.9 Assessing

Delegates will need to be satisfied that the position in the nomination will require the skills commensurate with the occupation being nominated, and the onus will be on the nominator to provide evidence to the satisfaction of the delegate. The delegate should be satisfied that:

• the nominee will be paid the appropriate wages commensurate with their skill level

and

• the position is required - that is, there is indeed a genuine need for the position

and

• there is no other similar position in the store – for example, a customer service manager may be performing the required tasks and there is no significant genuine need for a retail manager

and

• the tasks relating to the position are in line with the ANZSCO classification for the occupation, and are not at a lower skill level (for example, the occupation nominated is Customer Service Manager (149212 – skill level 2) but the tasks are commensurate with a skill level 4 occupation such as Retail Supervisor (ANZSCO 621511).

Store managers would also participate in professional development, which can involve business leadership courses as well as ongoing feedback from the franchise owner/licensee or operations manager (who may be responsible for all outlets within an area).

Disclaimer: Not migration advice. Simply a reference to available information.

And here is the relevant ANZSCO criteria.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~First+Edition,+Revision+1~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+1411+Cafe+and+Restaurant+Managers

CAFE AND RESTAURANT MANAGERS organise and control the operations of cafes, restaurants and related establishments to provide dining and catering services.

Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.

In Australia:

• AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)

In New Zealand:

• NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

Tasks Include:

• planning menus in consultation with Chefs
  • planning and organising special functions
  • arranging the purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
  • maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
  • ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance
  • conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service
  • selecting, training and supervising waiting and kitchen staff
  • may take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
Edited by barker
edited for clarity

Hi 

I applied 23 June 2016 for accountant.

11 sep 2017 nomination refused and didn't receive any reason. They gave me 28 days to apply for review.

i came overseas 27 aug 2017 and granted bridging which will expire 23/11/2017.

Is there any issues on arrival?

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that

186 or 187?

Working for an accounting firm?

2 hours ago, Mmalik said:

Hi 

11 sep 2017 nomination refused and didn't receive any reason. They gave me 28 days to apply for review.

Edited by saf.mu

4 hours ago, Mmalik said:

Hi 

Sorry to hear that. There should be a reason for refusal in the letter at the bottom, you got your RCB approved? 

If your visa is not refused yet you can com back to Aus on your bridging visa, is it bridging visa B?