187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

On 06/09/2017 at 16:59, ManniSingh said:

14 months completed.  No update yet.Bit hard to wait off shore. Is any body there in same suitation. Struggling for Pr from last 10 years. Dont know what going to happen. Which month they processing now. Anyone got any idea. 

?

15 months completed yesterday for my 187 DE still waiting...... offshore aswell, current processing times are 14 to 15 months...frustrating ??

29 minutes ago, Rajvir Singh said:

15 months completed yesterday for my 187 DE still waiting...... offshore aswell, current processing times are 14 to 15 months...frustrating ??

I finshed with 17th months 4 days ago but no update on visa or nomination file. I am offshore as well.

What is your occupation mate

8 minutes ago, akumar said:

I finshed with 17th months 4 days ago but no update on visa or nomination file. I am offshore as well.

What is your occupation mate

My occupation is restaurant manager. Got my nomination approved on 5th may 2016,and then I filed my visa on 8th of June 2016

are u waiting on ur nomination aswell????

23 hours ago, Mohammed said:

Hi, my employer has a running restaurant in Melbourne from last 7 years 2 million of turnover and I am working as a chef over there. Now he has open another restaurant in regional area too can I apply for RSMS 187 visa or not. The restaurant should be 6months old before applying visa or no need, please give me your precious advice guys.

Thank you .

I am not sure the 6 months requirement... I know if your employer is operating less than 12 months, they need to provide additional information. 

For the new restaurant, I think it possible to be your sponsor for 187. However, the problem is it still need to meet the training requirements and you are in the middle of a financial year now. Ask your agent and see what they can do about it. 

Moreover, it main operations is still in Melbourne. If the restaurant didn't apply for a separate ABN, does it count operating in regional area? You need to ask this question before applying your application. 

Hope that help. 

Edited by Kok

16 hours ago, Kok said:

I am not sure the 6 months requirement... I know if your employer is operating less than 12 months, they need to provide additional information. 

For the new restaurant, I think it possible to be your sponsor for 187. However, the problem is it still need to meet the training requirements and you are in the middle of a financial year now. Ask your agent and see what they can do about it. 

Moreover, it main operations is still in Melbourne. If the restaurant didn't apply for a separate ABN, does it count operating in regional area? You need to ask this question before applying your application. 

Hope that help. 

Hi

What is this training requirements that people talk about?? Does that apply to those who have diploma?? Or does that just apply to those whp habe certs?

Hello guys can you help me also.
I have applied 187 visa Offshore.

My current status

RCB. cleared
Nominations 18th of April 2017
Visa - 31 August 2017
PCC - cleared
Health- cleared

My question to all of us when can I expect nominations to be cleared?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

M still waiting from June 2016
After RCB cleared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Rajat Babbar said:

Hello guys can you help me also.
I have applied 187 visa Offshore.

My current status

RCB. cleared
Nominations 18th of April 2017
Visa - 31 August 2017
PCC - cleared
Health- cleared

My question to all of us when can I expect nominations to be cleared?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Atleast 1 year, the way immi working nowadays....

3 hours ago, ring3018 said:

Yes I heard that if you apply through 187 or 186 TST you need to meet the training benchmark but 187 direct entry doesn't need to.

If Sponsoring business has employees on 457/186, they have to meet the training benchmark (1% or 2% of Business payroll).

For 187 there is no requirement to meet the training benchmark, but when you apply, all details of sponsoring business will be checked; and if sponsoring business has sponsor for 457/186 visa, they must have to fulfil the training benchmark requirement and it includes the payroll of business not just payroll of sponsored employees only.

Training Benchmark A/B is defined as expenditure made in the previous financial year or the previous 12 months.

The business must show recent expenditure at the required level, and also commit to maintaining this level of funding for each 12 months period following approval of the sponsorship.

25 minutes ago, Ashley 86 said:

If Sponsoring business has employees on 457/186, they have to meet the training benchmark (1% or 2% of Business payroll).

For 187 there is no requirement to meet the training benchmark, but when you apply, all details of sponsoring business will be checked; and if sponsoring business has sponsor for 457/186 visa, they must have to fulfil the training benchmark requirement and it includes the payroll of business not just payroll of sponsored employees only.

Training Benchmark A/B is defined as expenditure made in the previous financial year or the previous 12 months.

The business must show recent expenditure at the required level, and also commit to maintaining this level of funding for each 12 months period following approval of the sponsorship.

Oh i see, so if my sponsoring business never sponsor anyone before, they do not have to fulfil it right? They never sponsor anyone before and all of the employees are citizens

1 minute ago, ring3018 said:

Oh i see, so if my sponsoring business never sponsor anyone before, they do not have to fulfil it right? They never sponsor anyone before and all of the employees are citizens

Yes, if business is sponsoring you on 187 and no previous sponsorship, there is no requirement for Training Benchmark.

From March 2018: Training requirement: Employers nominating a worker for a visa will be required to pay a contribution to the Skilling Australians Fund. The contribution will be:

-          payable in full at the time the worker is nominated;

-           $1,200 per year or part year for small businesses (those with annual turnover of less than $10 million) and $1,800 per year or part year for other businesses.

27 minutes ago, Ashley 86 said:

Yes, if business is sponsoring you on 187 and no previous sponsorship, there is no requirement for Training Benchmark.

From March 2018: Training requirement: Employers nominating a worker for a visa will be required to pay a contribution to the Skilling Australians Fund. The contribution will be:

-          payable in full at the time the worker is nominated;

-           $1,200 per year or part year for small businesses (those with annual turnover of less than $10 million) and $1,800 per year or part year for other businesses.

Hmmmm, i think it's a bit too early to think about next year now with all the 3 years experience requirement and more stuffs to come.

On 09/09/2017 at 22:49, Kok said:

Hope that help. 

Thank you brother. 

TODAY IS MY DAY xD!!!

Hi Guys, just to inform you that my nomination has been granted today and the immi fella ask me only the NPC (national police clearance check) which was quite old (I did it 15 months ago), thanks god they didn't ask me the medical again even if I did the 13th sept 2016 .

Now I'm overseas on holidays to my family and YES, today is gonna be a good DAY.

Some details of my application

DATE OF APPLICATION: 10 JUNE 2016 (BOTH NOM AND VISA)

WHEN I APPLIED I'VE ALREADY BEEN UNDER 457 FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER

STATE: WA, Perth 

POSITION: Cook

NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES OF MY BOSS BUSINESS: (AROUND 40 OR 50, 15 OR 20 FULL TIME THE REST CASUAL)

MY AGE: 31, MY IELTS: 7, MY AU QUALIFICATION: COMMERCIAL COOKERY IV

NUMBER OF APPLICANTS: 1 (ME)

MY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: ITALY 

PLEASE IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE SEND ME A PM,

I'll be back in Perth on Saturday if you want to meet me or call me.

One day a guy in this forum wrote:

IT'S BETTER A LATE APPROVE RATHER THAN AN EARLY REFUSAL and after 15 months I feel I wanna say YES! It,s true.

I wish you all the best, greetings from Italy

Anthony

• Like 3