Do you agree?

chloe_zara

59 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Given that it is becoming ever harder to find a doctor that bulk bills - meaning a visit to a GP will cost about $35, I would take such a survey with a LARGE pinch of salt. 

I live in the Northern Suburbs and there are plenty round here who bulk bill :-)

https://healthengine.com.au/appointments/bulk-billing-gp/WA/Perth/Next7Days/

Edited by AJ

I don't know we live rural Victoria and find the only bulk billing surgery is full of doctors from non English speaking as a first language background and to be honest we are not impressed with the level of care. We go to the non bulk bulling clinic due to the level of care. Example i was given a script for penicillin which my file stated i was allergic to...we find the doctors at the bulk billing clinic are hard to understand and do not seem to understand what we want. Just our experience. 

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

It's been a long time since encountering a doctor that bulk bills anywhere in my neck of the woods. At a stab at least seventeen years.

Yup, they're scarcer than hen's teeth in Canberra too. Those that may possibly bulk bill don't exactly inspire one with confidence unfortunately. I'm happy to pay for continuity of care and am always bemused at why the Poms make such a big deal of bulk billing. I've had this conversation with many Aussies and the vast majority go "Huh?" - bulk billing just doesn't enter their minds.

11 minutes ago, Quoll said:

am always bemused at why the Poms make such a big deal of bulk billing.

Because so many come over with such a sense of entitlement that they should get everything for free because they are British!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Given that it is becoming ever harder to find a doctor that bulk bills - meaning a visit to a GP will cost about $35, I would take such a survey with a LARGE pinch of salt. 

There's at least 2 new GP bulk billing practises opened in Canning Vale, I've just visited one and they were excellent.

15 hours ago, Quoll said:

Yup, they're scarcer than hen's teeth in Canberra too. Those that may possibly bulk bill don't exactly inspire one with confidence unfortunately. I'm happy to pay for continuity of care and am always bemused at why the Poms make such a big deal of bulk billing. I've had this conversation with many Aussies and the vast majority go "Huh?" - bulk billing just doesn't enter their minds.

Yes i agree with you Quoll i'd rather pay and get the medical care i want and need. Somethings are just not worth being tight with. Medical care imo is one of those.