189 invitation

geeth91

On 20/07/2017 at 06:18, geeth91 said:

We submitted eoi yesterday.. 19th July with 60 points for 233211 civil engineer.

Waiting eagerly for next invitation rounds!

Anyone else applied for 189 invitation?

Ours was submitted yesterday. Im a nurse with 65 points. Wonder if we'll get invited today or wether its going to be a long long wait. We'll see...

Hi, was yesterday the next round for invites?

I am a social worker and submitted mine the last round (June) with 65 points and was invited straight away.

Fingers crossed you get your invite soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bettiblu said:

Hi, was yesterday the next round for invites?

I am a social worker and submitted mine the last round (June) with 65 points and was invited straight away.

Fingers crossed you get your invite soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

I think the rounds were 12.00 midnight 26th July. Approx 3pm here. I've not heard anything yet

• Like 1

Ahhh ok, do you have an agent? Perhaps they emailed them and they haven't passed it on to you.

I was chatting to someone on here who had 60 point and think they got an invite the second round so hopefully you won't be waiting too long :-)

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

2 hours ago, Bettiblu said:

Ahhh ok, do you have an agent? Perhaps they emailed them and they haven't passed it on to you.

I was chatting to someone on here who had 60 point and think they got an invite the second round so hopefully you won't be waiting too long :-)

Yes, were using an agent. Hopefully they'll update us tomorrow!!

No invite this time [emoji85] wonder when they'll release with occupation ceilings for 2017/2018!!

Oh no :-( hopefully the next round you might?

I don't have the exact link for the occupation ceilings but this might help or navigate around these pages and it may answer whatever questions have

https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/21-june-2017-round-results.aspx

To set people's expectations, it took me 2 rounds to be accepted with 85 points! Yes my application was month 1, accepted month 2 of the new system 5 yeas ago today.

Now in Brisbane and never looked back.

Edited by srg73

I submitted my EOI 28/06, Secondary Teacher with 60 points.

I've since heard from a Migration Agent that they don't expect any 60 pointer invites to be given out until after June 2018??!!

I am hoping they might increase the number of 189 invites from 1000 due to the low number of applicants from NZ. At the moment though, it is looking very bleak!

On 8/7/2017 at 13:17, playitbyear said:

I submitted my EOI 28/06, Secondary Teacher with 60 points.

I've since heard from a Migration Agent that they don't expect any 60 pointer invites to be given out until after June 2018??!!

I am hoping they might increase the number of 189 invites from 1000 due to the low number of applicants from NZ. At the moment though, it is looking very bleak!

Yes, i know that the waiting times to be accepted for EOI are long for the 60 pointers, even the 65 pointers are looking at a few months. Have you thought about resitting your IELTS to gain more points? This is an option for me.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 21:01, mrsgellerby said:

Yes, i know that the waiting times to be accepted for EOI are long for the 60 pointers, even the 65 pointers are looking at a few months. Have you thought about resitting your IELTS to gain more points? This is an option for me.

Not an option for me, I've taken max points from IELTS! Will have 65 at the end of september due to a new age bracket so will just reassess then if it's worth staying in the 60 point pile or resubmiiting at 65 points. So many if's and but's if I could have applied earlier but now all I can do is wait..

Not an option for me, I've taken max points from IELTS! Will have 65 at the end of september due to a new age bracket so will just reassess then if it's worth staying in the 60 point pile or resubmiiting at 65 points. So many if's and but's if I could have applied earlier but now all I can do is wait..

I feel your pain! I submitted for two visas one with 60 and one 65! No invitation yet - it's an anxious wait!!! What's bothering me is I hear of automatic invites the same or next day and then also invitation rounds ?
I have booked to resit ielts as my reading score lost me ten points ! :-((

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

• 3 months later...

I have submitted my EOI with 65 points as a civil engineer (ANZSCO code 233211). My process has been as follows:

Submitted my documents on Engineers Australia (which took me almost 9 months to write down everything and collect the job letters)   --> October 2nd 2017

Received Engineers Australia positive Outcome letter (Applied fast track but two public holidays were happening there as well) --> October 25th 2017

Requested a name edit in my outcome letter (asked the EA to remove the spaces written between the parts of my last name) --> October 25th

Got my revised outcome letter and submitted my EOI --> November 6th

When do you think I should be expecting an invitation for visa 189?

On 11/18/2017 at 23:57, Sinahbt said:

I have submitted my EOI with 65 points as a civil engineer (ANZSCO code 233211). My process has been as follows:

Submitted my documents on Engineers Australia (which took me almost 9 months to write down everything and collect the job letters)   --> October 2nd 2017

Received Engineers Australia positive Outcome letter (Applied fast track but two public holidays were happening there as well) --> October 25th 2017

Requested a name edit in my outcome letter (asked the EA to remove the spaces written between the parts of my last name) --> October 25th

Got my revised outcome letter and submitted my EOI --> November 6th

When do you think I should be expecting an invitation for visa 189?

Screenshot_20171119-101057.png

Screenshot_20171119-101130.png