May 2017 - Onshore Partner Application (820/801) Timelines

On 7/10/2017 at 07:24, Heidi Bell-Langford said:

We put in our onshore application in Jan 2016 and now have a case worker, everything done however on my husbands visa we added my stepson as a dependant (22) his has been rejected yet nothing on my husbands. We are needing a immigration lawyer to help us with an appeal we are on the sunshine coast QLD can anyone recommend please? Thanks

Did you find an agent to help with your case? Any of those that post regularly on here would be a good starting point. 

You really need to be able to prove the 22 year old stepson is eligible. I don't quite follow your application as you say you put your stepson on your husbands application. But you say 'we' at the start. Is this an onshore partner visa being applied for and your husband is the applicant and you are the sponsor? So the stepmother to said stepson? And your husband is his father? I can't recall the dependant rules off hand but I'm sure you have to be able to document and provide evidence re dependancy. 

• 1 month later...

Another update for anybody interested in onshore 820 processing times.

It has been almost 4 months for us and we have not been assigned a case-officer yet. We expected this, but thought we would update if anybody else was interested to know that they onshore really does take long to start moving.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 23:58, dotdotslash said:

Update to this. All our documents are now uploaded and medicals have been processed (hopefully not a waste of money). So now we wait and see if front loading the documents helps at all or not.

Still no case officer, but we weren't expecting one for at least a month or 2 anyway.

Hi

My partner and I are about to lodge EOI  and I have a question about the supporting evidence for the de facto relationship. Do bank statements, bills and other documents need to be certified by a solicitor or do you just attach scanned originals to the visa application?

Thanks a lot!

Aldona

2 hours ago, dotdotslash said:

@andana I am not a migration agent, and our visa has not been approved yet, but we have been advised that scanned copies of the originals are fine. 

thanks very much for this, I was doing some research yesterday and found some info on the aus  gov. site that says that too!  thanks for replying :) good luck with your visa! :)

Another update for anybody interested in onshore 820 processing times.
It has been almost 4 months for us and we have not been assigned a case-officer yet. We expected this, but thought we would update if anybody else was interested to know that they onshore really does take long to start moving.

3 months for us but wouldn't expect anything until 8-9 months at earliest. Will shall start doing police checks and medical in the new year

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, dotdotslash said:

For those watching at home: 6 months down. Still awaiting a case officer.

I'd expect another 6-12 ahead of you. Anything sooner count as a bonus :)

Hi... I’m new here... recently appiled for 820/801... we are not expecting any response anytime soon coz we were told it will take months or year. So far all we can do is comply to all other documents needed while waiting ?. Just happy that while on a BVA, we were able to get some important IDs while here in Australia and granted a full permission to work.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey dotdotslash. In quite a similar boat to you. Applied on 29/05/17. After 1 week anonymous case officer emailed asking for a missing police check form. I emailed through and have heard nothing since. Please update this thread on how you go. We havent dont the police and medical as processing times were anything from 12-18m and certs would be invalid by then. 

• Like 1

Just got an email from them chasing documents, applied on 14th June.

If you did a UK police check a couple years ago and havnt lived there since is it still valid or would need to do another one (for sponsor)?

Also is there any difference in the 801 and 820 medicals for the partners?

Hi - for anyone waiting for an onshore visa I thought I would update on our timescales.  Applied onshore October 2017 and medicals and police check requested January 2017.  All submitted last week and have been granted 801 permanent visa today so just under 5 months from submission to approval!!  

• Like 2

Our actual visa grant was processed by the Australian Embassy in Beirut.  We have no connection with Beirut (I am Australian and my partner is from the UK) but our agent did tell us that our application had been sent offshore for processing and there has been another thread recently regarding offshore processing of onshore applications.  

Our actual visa grant was processed by the Australian Embassy in Beirut.  We have no connection with Beirut (I am Australian and my partner is from the UK) but our agent did tell us that our application had been sent offshore for processing and there has been another thread recently regarding offshore processing of onshore applications.  

Sorry I meant which state did you apply in? Victoria?

Last year front loaded applications got priority for a month or two at the end of the immigration year (June 30), to meet yearly planning levels.

But most applications would have been vetted a few months prior to that, so if anyone was planning on taking the front load risk again - I would be having the application in before end of this month.

That just information so take it or leave it, but it did happen last year. May last year might have just missed that boat.

Time fly's it could have been the year before. 

1 hour ago, Naomi86 said:

Sorry I meant which state did you apply in? Victoria?

We are in Perth but used an migration agent who Is based in Queensland so not sure if the application was submitted on the basis of our location or the agents.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jax said:

We are in Perth but used an migration agent who Is based in Queensland so not sure if the application was submitted on the basis of our location or the agents.  

It seems that in particular with offshore applications many are not being processed in usual country of residence and applications lodged in say the UK are being processed as above in embassies such as Beirut and others in Bangkok.

I am not so familiar with onshore but I assume all online are now in a stack and to the most part the processing centres just get the application that is on top of the stack.

• 3 weeks later...