EOI & APHPRA

I have been approved in principle pending presenting in person at the AHPRA office. Do i need a job before?? i do not plan on a full move for at least 8 months as i'm having a baby in a weeks time hence thinking it may be too soon to apply for a job. I have been approved for an extension on the time to present. Another requirement is proof of Australian address however i am still based in the UK for now so wondering if that will cause a problem? One more thing after submitting EOI how long does it usually take to get an invite to apply? I Have 60 points will that be enough to get an invite? My partner is also included on my EOI. He has his own profession however has not done his skills assessment yet. 

Regards

Cathrine 

Hello, by no means an expert but I received an invitation to apply yesterday - submitted EOI on the 14h may so just ended up waiting until the next selection round. I also had 60 points. I think it depends on occupation but not sure.

Regarding the EOI, selection is every two weeks. It shouldn't take you too long to be picked up providing the occupation ceilings and selections are not maxed out.

You don't need a job to activate registration. Your Australian address will just have to be the address you are staying at, or you could put your UK address. This is always a bit of a grey area because the AHPRA forms are poorly designed for foreign applicants.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan

On 5/24/2017 at 18:39, CeeJayKav said:

I have been approved in principle pending presenting in person at the AHPRA office. Do i need a job before?? i do not plan on a full move for at least 8 months as i'm having a baby in a weeks time hence thinking it may be too soon to apply for a job. I have been approved for an extension on the time to present. Another requirement is proof of Australian address however i am still based in the UK for now so wondering if that will cause a problem? One more thing after submitting EOI how long does it usually take to get an invite to apply? I Have 60 points will that be enough to get an invite? My partner is also included on my EOI. He has his own profession however has not done his skills assessment yet. 

Regards

Cathrine 

If your occupation is on 189 list then you can only apply for 189 after you had full registration with AHPRA which can only be done after you had id check in person at AHPRA office. I am a GP and just had my AHPRA id check and hence can apply for 189 now as I need to show evidence that my skills assessment has been done by AHPRA. 

Do Ahpra do skills assessments? They're certainly not responsible for mine?

I thought the visa process was concerned that you have the required skills, so you get them assessed (ANZPAC for me). Ahpra is just a registration process to enable you to use your skills.
As far as I'm aware there's no need to go through Ahpra to get a 189?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GiveAGirlShoes said:

I thought the visa process was concerned that you have the required skills, so you get them assessed (ANZPAC for me). Ahpra is just a registration process to enable you to use your skills.

You're correct. AHPRA don't do skills assessments for nurses, ANMAC do. This is a good example of where to do your own research. 

I don't know about specific occupations. But for GPs we have to get our assessment done by RACGP and then registration with ahpra. But we can only apply for PR under special category for GPs once we get our full registration and that only can happen after face to face id check. However, if i don't want to use GP status to apply for PR and just use points (without using special occupation points )then i can do without ahpra registration.

So please check about your occupation because for me 189 was impossible without full registration with ahpra

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, pm79 said:

I don't know about specific occupations. But for GPs we have to get our assessment done by RACGP and then registration with ahpra. But we can only apply for PR under special category for GPs once we get our full registration and that only can happen after face to face id check. However, if i don't want to use GP status to apply for PR and just use points (without using special occupation points )then i can do without ahpra registration.

So please check about your occupation because for me 189 was impossible without full registration with ahpra

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

When applying for a 189 as a nurse you do NOT need full AHRA registration first. 

3 hours ago, Nemesis said:

When applying for a 189 as a nurse you do NOT need full AHRA registration first. 

That's cool then... I know of some GPs who had to spend double the amount of money as their application for 189 was rejected because of lack of full APHRA registration!

Probably yes, medical for PR are different than those for temp visas.  It may be that you can just do the extra bits required I don't know.  Medical are not usually done for visit visas, I assume you were coming from a country with high risk of TB or something.

9 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Probably yes, medical for PR are different than those for temp visas.  It may be that you can just do the extra bits required I don't know.  Medical are not usually done for visit visas, I assume you were coming from a country with high risk of TB or something.

i applied for 1 year multiple entry type visitor visa from India, for that they require medicals. So can i do this medical also from the same hap i.d or should i create a new one, as I am using the same immi account.

Thanks