190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

@Simons One of the first things I'll do is inform my daughter's school that she'll not be starting foundation stage there in Sept! It's been playing on my mind that we're going through the motions of her starting school in the UK but hopefully that won't be the case. It'll be a bit confusing for her if she does have to start here and then we pull her out a few weeks in - I wanted to avoid that... 

Husband needs to do two online courses to be employable in Oz but can't do them without visa so we'll get on with that too.  Also book movecube,  flights and accommodation and start sorting rental. 

What will you do? 

• Like 2

Don't know where to start lol. Will have to start the motions for the cat, get house ready to rent out here, sort through all bits and pack what we REALLY need to ship over, Book flights, find somewhere to stay in aus for a couple weeks when land and keep saving. Think that's it.

On 22/06/2017 at 03:34, Yikes2017 said:

Hello mates,

I've tried to observe the trends for the last two years regarding the visa grants. On 2016 July 4th a whopping 30+ each (189 & 190) were issued on a single day. 

And on July 3rd 2015 30+ each (189 & 190) were issued on a single day. 

I'm just talking about 5% of applications

Just wondering when that lucky day comes this year.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 3

I'm so surprised that none of you have heard anything yet! :arghh:I thought i'd be in the same boat waiting until after July 1st but thankfully mine just came through at the end of may. Looks like they are a bit delayed this year, but probably because of so many changes. Plus we must think they have to get through last years applications asap that may be running out e.g. medicals/police checks. Honestly once you have the visa you won't know what to do with yourself. I'm constantly checking back here to see if anyone I've been chatting to have received theirs yet. It's still surreal, I can't believe we fly in 7 weeks. @Yikes2017 is your daughter starting reception? If so would you not wait until February where she can start school in Oz- if you plan to be there by then that is? It would be awful confusing for your little one to start here and then move mid year and start again. I have a little boy in my preschool who turns 5 in August and will stay with us until November when he will move to Canada for reception there. 

Fingers crossed for all of you. I think they will start happening tonight! Come on the grant fairy! :jiggy:

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 1

Hey @joeh99 I honestly can't believe you lot are still waiting it's crazy, but I do think you'll hear in the next couple of days. Have you checked people who applied the same day/day after you? Pretty much everyone who applied the same day or either side of me were granted a day or two apart. I know the feeling, honestly there is nothing worse. Like I've said before it would be so helpful to know if the visa is going through stages of processing rather than fearing the worst that it might be rejected! That was my biggest fear was for them to say no!

Planning is going well, my team know I am leaving now and my replacement will step up in about 5 weeks- they weren't too happy about the replacement but hey ho! We've organised accommodation on the Gold Coast for the first 3 weeks and we're hopeful we can secure a long term rental in that time frame O.o We also ordered a movecube.. 

Have you booked flights yet?

• Like 1

Hi @Dragonflygecko

Glad to hear your plans are progressing!

The hope is that we'll move to Melbourne in September so she won't even have to start school here but in case of any more delay,  I just need to go through the motions as normal as if she is starting in September with all of her other nursery class. She's December born so is one of the older ones and I think she'd strongly object if I said she had to continue in nursery when her friends were starting big school next door!  Lol! She's got her induction day today but I've just been trying to play it down by telling her she's just going to play pretend in school for the morning with her friends and that real school for her would start in Australia. Luckily the nursery lot go into the school regularly anyway so hopefully she'll not question it too much. It is something that I was hoping to avoid though.... :(

I hope you're right about the visas starting to roll soon. I'm trying hard to keep up my positive thinking!  

39 minutes ago, Simons said:

Just been in contact with our agent, I asked her what's happening. She said only two have been granted since start of month and still people that lodged in Feb waiting. 

It's hard to know whether to be happy with that news or not isn't it?! On the one hand,  it shows that for whatever reason things are moving really slowly which is likely to prolong the painful waiting but on the other hand at least we're all in the same boat and it's unlikely that there's anything wrong with any single application 

• Like 2

@Yikes2017 I feel happier knowing that we are all in the same boat. I would be very concerned if people were getting grants around me and I wasn't. I honestly thought that from 1st July we would see 20-30 grants a day. The backlog must be huge!

I am using an agent and they have told me they will E-mail me as soon as they get the grant, so I never expect to wake up with that magic E-mail - although, if I haven't heard by 10am, I know todays not my day.

3 hours ago, joeh99 said:

@Yikes2017 I feel happier knowing that we are all in the same boat. I would be very concerned if people were getting grants around me and I wasn't. I honestly thought that from 1st July we would see 20-30 grants a day. The backlog must be huge!

I am using an agent and they have told me they will E-mail me as soon as they get the grant, so I never expect to wake up with that magic E-mail - although, if I haven't heard by 10am, I know todays not my day.

Yeah,  it is reassuring to know that we're all in the same boat. That's why I like this forum because at least we can understand each others' frustration and have a good vent! I contacted our agent last night and was told that I'd receive a call from them when it happens.  Before 10am,  same as you. I can stop checking my phone every morning now - wish I'd known that before! 

• Like 1

I'm happier too being amongst others who are waiting and waiting......although wish we would all hear super soon....I was convinced our application had gotten lost in the system. 

Interestingly, our first correspondence from a Case Officer a few weeks ago (asking us for even more info.....) arrived in my email account at 5:10pm on a Friday - so it can literally be any time.

Good luck all ? - hope we hear something tomorrow ?

• Like 4

Hey Guys,

I'm in same boat. I'm already in Aus at 457 VISA, applied 190 VIC via 457 pathway.

Application submitted: 19th May,2017

CO Assigned: 29th May,2017 (Requested for PCC & 80C document)

Documents Submitted: 5th June,2017

Grant Date: Still awaiting...

Not sure how much more time it will take.

REMINDER:  This forum was created as a place for people to share information and follow the status of their visa applications.  Directing people to other sites, through either posting links or naming sites, is not allowed per forum rules so several posts have been deleted.  Thank you.

• Like 1

On 6 July 2017 at 21:18, Yikes2017 said:

@Dragonflygecko I meant to ask,  did you use an agent? If so,  when you got the news,  were you emailed personally or did you not know until your agent contacted you? 

@Yikes2017 I did use an agent and this is something that drove me crazy! I always wondered if she was away/finished work etc would I know immediately! I got the call from her at 9.30am the day it was granted! So there is some delay others who applied themselves had the email in the middle of the night! Anyways if you don't hear by 10am each day you can assume it's not your day ?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dragonflygecko said:

@Yikes2017 I did use an agent and this is something that drove me crazy! I always wondered if she was away/finished work etc would I know immediately! I got the call from her at 9.30am the day it was granted! So there is some delay others who applied themselves had the email in the middle of the night! Anyways if you don't hear by 10am each day you can assume it's not your day ?

Yes,  I feel the same. I'm relieved in a way that I don't need to check emails all the time but I now am on edge between 9 and 10 every day and really disappointed when I haven't had a call!  Please God let my call come soon!!  

On 7/8/2017 at 12:20, Simons said:

How much money are you guys hoping to take out with you.

Not enough I'd imagine!  I've looked at threads where people are taking hundreds of thousands and let me assure you that we'll be taking a tiny fraction of that! We're really throwing caution to the wind and hoping to land jobs fairly quickly. It's a risk but as someone once said to me "everything in life that's really worth while is a risk"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

Not enough I'd imagine!  I've looked at threads where people are taking hundreds of thousands and let me assure you that we'll be taking a tiny fraction of that! We're really throwing caution to the wind and hoping to land jobs fairly quickly. It's a risk but as someone once said to me "everything in life that's really worth while is a risk"

We just saving up as much as we can we don't know what our final figure will be. Hoping around 30k though. We also have a house here which will be keeping so will be getting rent off that but going to keep that money here for emergencies. I'm hoping to find a job out there asap.

Hi Guys - just an update. It will be 4 months since I lodged my 189 visa on 20th July. I know a few of us have similar timelines; however, i'd like to hear if this is the case for anyone else. It is becoming so so frustrating and anxiety is through the roof! Thanks guys