Do more points mean a quicker result?

Hi,

my husband and I are applying for either 189,190 visa. Almost ready to go into the pool. My question is - if I got more than 60 which I could if I get a few bits together but I lose time in doing this - would we be picked out quicker if we had more than 60 or doesn't it matter? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have applied for a 190 with state nomination from Victoria under 'Primary School Teacher'. I have 80 points and have been waiting over 16 weeks for a visa grant and still waiting! Since joining these chats and reading other people's details/ experiences, I think it must be occupation related as others who have applied under education or childcare seem to have been waiting a while too. So, I don't think high points are relevant - well, not in my case anyway!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

More points generally does mean quicker turn around, cream floats to the top. I submitted back in 2012 on the first month of the new system with 85 points. I had to wait for the 2nd month before acceptance as the candidates for my profession were even higher.

All worked out well in the end.

Edited by srg73