I agree with you mate @Jazz ...100% true....lots of applicants they called every hour to them which really panic and also they reply different ans for every call... If some applicant said, my lodgement Been 6 month already, DIBP will it taking around 8 months but if anyone said my file lodge 4 month ago..DIBP will replied it's taking 6 month lol re lol

Anyone knows if we still have to keep our 457 insurance cover until the 186 visa granted?

I already have the temporary medicare card.

Thanks.

@nova2k

You dont have to keep 457 Insurance Cover. But the only downside of not keeping is if something goes wrong in PR File and Medicare is cancelled you are back to your new 457 Insurance company and you will have to serve waiting period again..

Edited by milan028

Did anyone request document, and send follow up email to DIBP?

I find that from the auto reply email. I am using MA, I am not sure MA will send the email to DIBP after I requested.

The forwarding of attachments by email may delay the processing of your application. Similarly, emails advising that an attachment has been uploaded in ImmiAccount impact processing efficiency.

If u want to spend money u can have it... Once u have Medicare not necessarily to continue. Up to u now.

It depends. Normally 457 insurance cover is paid by the employer.

Also you have the right to get back medicare levy when you fill tax return form(which is few thousand backs)

So in the above case it makes no sense to get temporary medicare card - you loose money .

Dear @20 August. May I ask that when CO requesting the updated contract from you, what did say in the "request for more information" document? I might have the same situation as yrs. When they requested the contract from me, it was saying "without exclusion to possible renewal", which is not a clear statement. My contract has 1.5 years left, I am not sure if it can be renewed, without a clear requirement from Immi

Hi Jo, my HR called me on 19/01/2016 and told me I may not get PR as my contract only has one and half year left (actually only one year and 4 month left ). She said what I need is a 2 years contact from the date that they opened my case. I don't know what exactly the immi office say. Sorry. I think if they didn't mention you need to have a 2 years contract clearly that should be fine. Can you contact your agent or HR?

Thanks Ali369829. Early August make sense since I received the email from Immigration on 26th Feb, they told me that they are processing allocating applications lodged in Mid July 2015.

**This is an automated response regarding ENS 186/RSMS 187 applications. Please do not respond to this email**

Email Updated on 2 March 2016

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We are currently allocating ENS and RSMS applications that were lodged early August 2015.

Please click on the following link regarding current planned system outages:

Planned System Maintenance and Current issues

This auto response is verification that we have received your email. If your query is addressed by this email or does not relate to an ENS/RSMS application already lodged you will not receive an individ

@nova2k

You dont have to keep 457 Insurance Cover. But the only downside of not keeping is if something goes wrong in PR File and Medicare is cancelled you are back to your new 457 Insurance company and you will have to serve waiting period again..

@milan028

Unfortunately that's not the case. As soon as you apply for a 186 visa you are eligible for medicare which means you can no longer claim back the medicare levy.

Thanks Ali369829. Early August make sense since I received the email from Immigration on 26th Feb, they told me that they are processing allocating applications lodged in Mid July 2015.

@Ali369829 and @alvinmoe my MA said they are doing sep files and will take for me to give decision by end of march I applied on 14th sep. Not sure who is right

@Ali369829..

I got interim medicare card as well, but my health insurance (iMAN) which I'm still having advised to keep this 457 cover until your PR is granted..after that I should inform them to cancel. till then I can't cancel.

If u want to spend money u can have it... Once u have Medicare not necessarily to continue. Up to u now.

@Ali369829..

I got interim medicare card as well, but my health insurance (iMAN) which I'm still having advised to keep this 457 cover until your PR is granted..after that I should inform them to cancel. till then I can't cancel.

Thats not true. You can cancel your 457 Cover once you get medicare. Its upto you if you want to keep it active or cancel it. In case if there is issue with PR and its not approved then you can again ask for 457 cover.

@Ali369829..

@mag05 it's totally depends on u , u want to keep or not? For immigration purpose there is no issues at all I can say....for me every month 230$ Family paid not worthy. Best advice get a ambulance cover from BUPA yearly very cheap coz all Medicare never covered for ambulance, u have to pay... Pay some money to BUPA unlimited cover..... I know so many people once they get Medicare they never continue private except dental, eyes bla bla...My best buddy is a managers for BUPA so I know the customer service policy.

It depends. Normally 457 insurance cover is paid by the employer.

Also you have the right to get back medicare levy when you fill tax return form(which is few thousand backs)

@foal So in the above case it makes no sense to get temporary medicare card - you loose money .

Unfortunately that's not the case. As soon as you apply for a 186 visa you are eligible for medicare which means you can no longer claim back the medicare levy.

@mag05 it's totally depends on u , u want to keep or not? For immigration purpose there is no issues at all I can say....for me every month 230$ Family paid not worthy. Best advice get a ambulance cover from BUPA yearly very cheap coz all Medicare never covered for ambulance, u have to pay... Pay some money to BUPA unlimited cover..... I know so many people once they get Medicare they never continue private except dental, eyes bla bla...My best buddy is a managers for BUPA so I know the customer service policy.

comes for Medicare levy ::: we spend last 2 years should b fine, get some back from tex return.... It's was not much money.

Even I don't want to keep 457 cover...but my insurance company said like they can't cancel...until PR is granted...

This morning I have been requested from the agent the "original non translated police clearance" my application was dated back 11th Aug 15. What's the point for such request when they ask to pay a proper registered authorized certified translator? Finger crossed....