2 hours ago, Hex said:

@Nora93 Hi Nora! 

There is no law that states you "have to stay with the employer" once you have received your visa - however, there is a moral obligation. Remembering that the employer is the reason you got a sponsorship and ultimately, how you get to stay in the country. 

Personally, I would discuss this matter with your employer and come to an agreement, if they're happy for you to leave / work less hours, then great, win-win situation. 

The only time this (2 years working with same employer) becomes and issue is if you get a visa, leave the company and the company then files a complaint with immigration - stating you never had any intention on staying with them at the time of sponsorship - this is when immigration could open an investigation. I've only heard of this successfully happening once. 

I would just make sure you and the employer are happy with the situation and then end thing (or change contract) with both parties happy.

- It's unlikely immigration wouldn't get involved - unless you have a really upset employer. 

Thank you so much for the answer. I’m not planning to leave my employer at all, but issue is that I’m pregnant and later I won’t be able to work as much. And I believe he doesn’t want to loose me either, so I hope will will figure something out.

thank you

good luck everyone with their visa! 

4 hours ago, Hex said:

@Oscar1988 honestly, I have no idea what would happen in this situation - although I am curious to hear and find out more. I suspect you'd either be granted an extension or would need to come back onshore until the visa status is finalized. 

Not having any background on this (forgive the ignorance), I do wonder why you'd not just come back onshore (closer to the October deadline) anyway. It seems you've been waiting a long time already - surely the process is nearly at it's end? 

Thanks for your reply Hex, 

I’m able to go back if the border already open, but looks like they will close it until next year. My agent said bridging visa B can’t be extend, so i don’t think they will give another extension visa. 

They also contacted the case officer already but no reply yet until now.

Anyone been granted an extension visa while waiting and they holding bridging Visa B before? 

Hi Guys, 

Anyone know with this case? 
If currently applying ENS 186 visa and offshore holding Bridging visa B until 31 Oct 2021. 

Will the visa application rejected when the bridging visa B expire as well? 
Or Visa application will keep going even Bridging visa B finish?

Thanks

Any body has any info whether offshore applicants are given grant/decision who is not in PMSOL in COVID days?

More than 21 months, still waiting, last document request submitted in  Aug 2020. worrying but optimistic.

Advance thanks.

6 hours ago, DrunkBell said:

I raised a FOI request about 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer from 01/07/2021. Please check attached.

fa-210200674-documents-released.pdf

Cool stuff man.. thanks  ! It shows that there is movement... but where is our visa??????????

By the way... they just changed the estimated timeline for 3 to 6 month..... 😣😣😣

Edited by girafales

3 hours ago, M A Z said:

Any body has any info whether offshore applicants are given grant/decision who is not in PMSOL in COVID days?

More than 21 months, still waiting, last document request submitted in  Aug 2020. worrying but optimistic.

Advance thanks.

Hi, 

What visa are you holding currently while offshore? 

457>186 TRT

Visa applied: 27/07/2020

Number of applicants: 2 (Main applicant onshore, Spouse offshore)

Medical: Done

Police check: Done for both applicant (Overseas & AFP)

Has anyone applied around the same time & received an update? I got married on 20th Feb 2020, came back to Australia on 25th February. If no pandemic I could have applied temp visa for my wife but had to apply for 186 hoping for a quick approval. The long wait is just adding to my struggle for the last 11 years!

Edited by Scomo

On 15/03/2021 at 10:54, girafales said:

Hi all, anyone in the same field still waiting for news?

482 -> 186DE

Skill: Computer Network and System Engineer

No of Applicant: 1

Lodge on: 29.06.2020

Health exams: Done.

Cheers.

still waiting

Hi All, I got PR granted today. Here is timeline:

Nomination applied: 15/11/19
Visa 186 - TRT applied: 29/11/19 onshore VIC

Nomination approved: 25/03/20

s56 requested health check on 23/07/20