@Hex My agent advised that I submit a letter from the embassy to indicated that I have applied for my passport. They say that this should suffice in lieu of the passport. Thoughts? 

Thanks so much. Through the numbers you have given me I have managed to get the number of one of the directors at DHA in SA. Waiting on a response but will hit the phones again tonight if nothing. 

19 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Jay kim This is typical - the suggested time frame is that the CO would review your case is within 28 days from requested documents being submitted (your english certificate).

However, with it being in "Further Assessment" - it seems this could take longer than that - you only need to see a few threads up of someone waiting 60+ days, and others much longer. 

- There does seem to be a difference between requested documents on a case that's in "Initial Assessment" (I've seen typical turnaround times of 35 days) vs an application in "Further Assessment" (these have no consistency to their timelines). 

I don't believe making contact with your CO would make any difference - however, this is your choice (I suspect you'd get back the typical "please wait" response).

Thanks Hax.

Soon as submtting the document on immi account , my visa status directly changed initial assessment  to further assessment.

After that, no news.....

So stressed but no choice. Have to wait..

Thanks for sharing your experience 

Just now, Jay kim said:

Thanks Hax.

Soon as submtting the document on immi account , my visa status directly changed initial assessment  to further assessment.

After that, no news.....

Same as me, Status changed immediately from Initial to Further Assessment when uploading my AFP Certificate. Nothing since. 

16 minutes ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

Same as me, Status changed immediately from Initial to Further Assessment when uploading my AFP Certificate. Nothing since. 

Me too. Request was made 14th Jan. 

Now im worried. I need to decide if I withdraw and apply for partner visa by mid-Feb. Praying I hear before but not sure it's likely. All things crossed.

3 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

Now im worried. I need to decide if I withdraw and apply for partner visa by mid-Feb. Praying I hear before but not sure it's likely. All things crossed.

32 minutes ago, Ezzentric said:

@Hex My agent advised that I submit a letter from the embassy to indicated that I have applied for my passport. They say that this should suffice in lieu of the passport. Thoughts? 

Thanks so much. Through the numbers you have given me I have managed to get the number of one of the directors at DHA in SA. Waiting on a response but will hit the phones again tonight if nothing. 

@Ezzentric No worries, I'm glad it helped! 

My understanding is that, although it would allow the process to continue - they would not be able to complete the process without certified copies of same. Hence, why I asked to get some emailed (and was really lucky that they did).

I'd suggest to follow your MA's suggestion and send the confirmation, however, keep in mind that it would only buy some time. As they will need it at some point (depending on how long you willing to wait 🙂 )

Hope that helps

34 minutes ago, Jay kim said:

Thanks Hax.

After that, no news.....

Good luck, I'm sure it'll all be fine. 

My suggestion would be to update your signature, so we can have a look at occupation, timelines etc.

34 minutes ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

I'm still convinced (personal opinion) that this is linked / related back to the occupation within the application. 

- All such occupations, are typically the same / similar. 
Don't shoot the messenger please, this is just my opinion 🙂 

16 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

@maria8999

As far as I know, you would be able to apply for the additional visa without it affecting your current one. 

- The draw back though, would be if this one is granted, your (new) application would need to be withdrawn (the first one actioned takes preference). 

Might be something to run by an MA.

Edited by Hex

Just now, Hex said:

As far as I know, you would be able to apply for the additional visa without it affecting your current one. 

- The draw back though, would be if this one is granted, your (new) application would need to be withdrawn (the first one actioned takes preference). 

Thanks Hex, I was thinking this. The main issue is the cost/ effort of doing another one all over again when it may not be needed. It's just a tough choice I dont want to make 🙂 

Just now, maria8999 said:

Thanks Hex, I was thinking this. The main issue is the cost/ effort of doing another one all over again when it may not be needed. It's just a tough choice I dont want to make 🙂 

Yeah, that would be a choice you would need to make - it would be a considerate financial cost (for something that might not even be needed).

My suggestion, would be to wait it out for a few months (if you can) - then reconsider once you absolutely need / want to 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Yeah, that would be a choice you would need to make - it would be a considerate financial cost (for something that might not even be needed).

My suggestion, would be to wait it out for a few months (if you can) - then reconsider once you absolutely need / want to 🙂 

Mid feb is the deadline my agent gave me. 

My 457 expires 2nd march so I would need to submit before then. Hurry up Immi!!! over 19 months is enough me thinks. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

My 457 expires 2nd march so I would need to submit before then. Hurry up Immi!!! over 19 months is enough me thinks. 

I'm surprised they suggest mid Feb, why the rush, surely your Bridging Visa would take over once the 457 expires? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

Hey @maria8999

Just wondering why the deadline at all? Why not wait it out until a decision and then apply with your partner if unsuccessful (it sounds like you are on the right track as docs requested etc). After your 457 expires you will just move onto a bridging visa, nothing would change really except you would have to apply to travel, which you will have to do anyway after March 2nd even if you apply for the partner visa! Seems like an unnecessary waste of money! (Plus a loooong Partner visa process, 2 years plus)

Edited by sbrowne9
added info
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey @maria8999

Just wondering why the deadline at all? Why not wait it out until a decision and then apply with your partner if unsuccessful (it sounds like you are on the right track as docs requested etc). After your 457 expires you will just move onto a bridging visa, nothing would change really except you would have to apply to travel, which you will have to do anyway after March 2nd even if you apply for the partner visa! Seems like an unnecessary waste of money!

If my 457 expires- I am no longer on a substantive visa. I have been told this means I cannot apply for another visa after 2nd March when bridging visa kicks in- should the nomination be rejected after this date.

As my occupation is high risk, and business small with neg turnover, its not a sure yes. I have been waiting 19 months now and was sure I would have heard by now. 

I have been with my aussie parter 3 years now and is a more certain option, and so its been suggested to apply for this one before 2nd march, or risk it and wait for PR outcome. Tough decisions. 

Hope this makes sense. If my agent is wrong,  I would love to hear it! 

Hey guys

A question that is a little unrelated to the visa process and more on pregnancy / birth etc. 

A friend of mine (who has PR) just had a child. This child can automatically get Citizenship.

My understanding is that, by law the mother and father would still need to follow the same route as they would have without the child to get Citizenship, however, this blows my mind and I wanted to confirm my thinking was correct.

Because (although it would only be at extreme cases) - this law would then allow the parents to be deported on a PR visa, however, the child could stay (separating a new born from her mother).

I'm pretty sure, a while ago there was a law that stated, any new born that gets Citizenship, would immediately allow the mother (only) to apply and get same immediately (to avoid this loop-loophole). 

Does anyone have any insights on this one... I thought it was pretty interesting. 

1 minute ago, maria8999 said:

If my 457 expires- I am no longer on a substantive visa. I have been told this means I cannot apply for another visa after 2nd March when bridging visa kicks in- should the nomination be rejected after this date.

As my occupation is high risk, and business small with neg turnover, its not a sure yes. I have been waiting 19 months now and was sure I would have heard by now. 

I have been with my aussie parter 3 years now and is a more certain option, and so its been suggested to apply for this one before 2nd march, or risk it and wait for PR outcome. Tough decisions. 

My understanding on this is that you are now married (defacto), meaning you would be able to apply for a partner visa at any stage (regardless of what visa you are currently on).

Think of it in this sense.
If you guys got married, would you need to leave the country? And if you did, with a Aussie partner, you could apply (and get a bridging visa) regardless of where you are? 

- A personal experience a friend went through was similar in that, they (partners were together for a while), she was Aussie - he wasn't. She went to South Africa (where he is from) and got married. He then applied for a partner visa and could come over - once the bridging visa was granted (with limited working conditions). Their visa did take close to 2 years to come though. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

As far as I am aware, if your nomination is refused, then you can still apply for the partner visa in the 28 days you have to respond while holding a bridging visa A. You then withdraw your visa application and the bridging visa A of the partner visa application then kicks in. This is my amateur understanding of things, l and would love to hear if others have been told or know otherwise! 

I have a similar situation, where I'm being nominated by a small start-up who can't take on any big contracts, as if my application fails they would be liable to huge lawsuits for unfinished works, and be forced to leave go of staff under me.

Genuinely interested in peoples opinions on if you can apply for partner visa while on bridging visa! 

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

My employer was asked for more information for the nomination.

1, No equivalent worker
2, Terms and conditions will be no less favourable than the terms and conditions provided or would be provided
3, Evidence of meeting the training benchmarks for nominations made in the Temporary Residence Transition
4, 2 years full-time, in a 3 year period preceding the nomination

The only one I worried is the training benchmarks. Our sponsor was granted in September 2015. But for some reason, my company did some invalid training for the year 2016. After that, they paid the training fee later in July 2017, November 2017 and November 2018. My MA has written an explaination letter for us. Do not know if it works.  Does it matter regarding the nomination? Or is there anyone meet the same issue?

Really need your advice. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maria8999 said:

Hi maria8999,

i’m a customer service manager still waiting from june 2017.my application is in further assessment since may 2018.how is your company turnover mine is 6million.

Thanks

28 minutes ago, Jenny1985 said:

Anyone experience of visa being granted when medicals are over 1yr old? 

Yes my frnd got it whn its15 mnths old. It's discretion of case officer if they wave it or not. Acc to my exp normally they wave it off fr further 3-4 mnths after 12 mnths 

Edited by Deep1991
  • Thanks 1