Hey guys few updates for you all

Nomination Approved : 13/12/2018

Immigration Dept called  me yesterday 17/12/2018 and asked to send further documents

- form 80

-  Colour copy of New passport - cuz my passport expired last month 😞 (may take few weeks to get it)

-  Evidence of registration/licensing ( this doesn't apply to me but didn't understood yet need to further investigate)

-Character statutory declaration details request ( i had low range alcohol offense but there was no conviction i guess they need more explanation on these)

Since this morning i have been filling up form 80 ( too much to fill in information)

• Like 4

Hi everyone,

First time poster, I'm so grateful for this forum. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences.

I'm a marketing manager currently on a 457, based in QLD, due to apply for ENS TRT in April (hopefully the Feb announcement won't change that) - counting down the months! I am the primary applicant and my partner is on my visa. 

The MA my organisation uses are based in Perth. From what I've read, you guys tend to put a lot of work into both the nomination and the application. I want to give myself the best chance of a successful grant. Do you guys have any tips? I don't trust the MA and my organisation to be as diligent as you guys.

The organisation I work for hires a lot of overseas employees but I am the first person in the marketing department.

Also, do you know what would happen if I fell pregnant before or after the PR lodgement? I know we would be unlikely to qualify for paid parental leave but would it effect our chances of getting PR? 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Echo22 said:

Hi everyone,

First time poster, I'm so grateful for this forum. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences.

I'm a marketing manager currently on a 457, based in QLD, due to apply for ENS TRT in April (hopefully the Feb announcement won't change that) - counting down the months! I am the primary applicant and my partner is on my visa. 

The MA my organisation uses are based in Perth. From what I've read, you guys tend to put a lot of work into both the nomination and the application. I want to give myself the best chance of a successful grant. Do you guys have any tips? I don't trust the MA and my organisation to be as diligent as you guys.

The organisation I work for hires a lot of overseas employees but I am the first person in the marketing department.

Also, do you know what would happen if I fell pregnant before or after the PR lodgement? I know we would be unlikely to qualify for paid parental leave but would it effect our chances of getting PR? 

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the madhouse 🙂

No issues with falling pregnant. If your baby is born before PR is approved you can add him/her to the application.

If the baby is born after PR is granted - then he/she would be eligible for citizenship.

Edited by boo-yaa
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, W4V said:

Hey guys few updates for you all

Nomination Approved : 13/12/2018

Immigration Dept called  me yesterday 17/12/2018 and asked to send further documents

- form 80

-  Colour copy of New passport - cuz my passport expired last month 😞 (may take few weeks to get it)

-  Evidence of registration/licensing ( this doesn't apply to me but didn't understood yet need to further investigate)

-Character statutory declaration details request ( i had low range alcohol offense but there was no conviction i guess they need more explanation on these)

Since this morning i have been filling up form 80 ( too much to fill in information)

May be your vehicle registration or your driver license, just my guess. May be they want to verify low range alcohol offense.

50 minutes ago, Oliviaa said:

It now shows 10 - 15 months on my Immi A/c now

Yes same here, 10-15 months.. they always update the immiaccounts then they make it public on the DHA website.

Yay!!! Well at least it is going down. Thank God.! Hoping for the best!! March2018 applicant here!

Have a beautiful day!!!!!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Echo22 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Children born during processing of your visa application - Expecting a baby/have just had a baby

·         Given birth and your application is undecided: If you have given birth and your application is still under consideration, please provide your child’s birth certificate to the department so your child can be included in your application and relevant health assessments conducted prior to a decision being made.

·         Your child was born while your application was being considered, however you have not informed the department of the birth of your child and your application has now been finalised: Please provide your child’s details in order to include them on your previous visa application.

·         Are you pregnant: It is important that you advise the Department of any changes to your circumstances. If you are pregnant and have lodged an application with the Department, please inform the department of your expected due date.

·         Your child was born after the grant of your permanent visa: Children born in Australia to permanent residents are considered Australian Citizens. For their eligibility you should contact Department’s Citizenship area.

·         Please advise the department the change of circumstances via the form below:

http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/FormsAndDocuments/Documents/1022.pdf#search=change%20of%20circumstances

·         If your baby is under 6 months old:

If your child is less than six months old, is currently in Australia and were born either in Australia or offshore, an “on the papers” health assessment can be completed - that is, you do not need to physically take them to a Migration Medical Services Provider clinic in Australia for a medical examination.

What is required for on the papers assessment: Please ensure that the required documents as specified below are provided to department before your child turns 6 months allowing sufficient processing time for department and Migration Medical Services Provider:  

-          a letter regarding the health of the child from child’s Australian treating general practitioner, paediatrician or obstetrician. The letter should state that the doctor has examined the child and provided details of the child’s health and development, and

-          a signed eMedical consent form.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, W4V said:

Children born during processing of your visa application - Expecting a baby/have just had a baby

·         Given birth and your application is undecided: If you have given birth and your application is still under consideration, please provide your child’s birth certificate to the department so your child can be included in your application and relevant health assessments conducted prior to a decision being made.

·         Your child was born while your application was being considered, however you have not informed the department of the birth of your child and your application has now been finalised: Please provide your child’s details in order to include them on your previous visa application.

·         Are you pregnant: It is important that you advise the Department of any changes to your circumstances. If you are pregnant and have lodged an application with the Department, please inform the department of your expected due date.

·         Your child was born after the grant of your permanent visa: Children born in Australia to permanent residents are considered Australian Citizens. For their eligibility you should contact Department’s Citizenship area.

·         Please advise the department the change of circumstances via the form below:

http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/FormsAndDocuments/Documents/1022.pdf#search=change%20of%20circumstances

·         If your baby is under 6 months old:

If your child is less than six months old, is currently in Australia and were born either in Australia or offshore, an “on the papers” health assessment can be completed - that is, you do not need to physically take them to a Migration Medical Services Provider clinic in Australia for a medical examination.

What is required for on the papers assessment: Please ensure that the required documents as specified below are provided to department before your child turns 6 months allowing sufficient processing time for department and Migration Medical Services Provider:  

-          a letter regarding the health of the child from child’s Australian treating general practitioner, paediatrician or obstetrician. The letter should state that the doctor has examined the child and provided details of the child’s health and development, and

-          a signed eMedical consent form.

I was in this situation and what was said is true (currently);

- If you have a child whilst waiting for PR, you simply need to add them to the application (needs their passport and birth certificate). The child born will take the visa of the parents (in this case a 457).

- if you have a child born AFTER PR is granted. You child will be eligible for immediate Citizenship (this does not affect the parents - you still need to wait the allotted time and then apply).

Hope that helps. 

1 hour ago, boo-yaa said:

Welcome to the madhouse 🙂

No issues with falling pregnant. If your baby is born before PR is approved you can add him/her to the application.

If the baby is born after PR is granted - then he/she would be eligible for citizenship.

Thank you! I'm sure I will be asking many more questions soon 🙂

55 minutes ago, Hex said:

I was in this situation and what was said is true (currently);

- If you have a child whilst waiting for PR, you simply need to add them to the application (needs their passport and birth certificate). The child born will take the visa of the parents (in this case a 457).

- if you have a child born AFTER PR is granted. You child will be eligible for immediate Citizenship (this does not affect the parents - you still need to wait the allotted time and then apply).

Hope that helps. 

So helpful, good to know other people who have been through this. Thank you ever so much! 

• Like 1

Just now, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Can anyone please tell me, what is the processing time for 186 TRT application?

You must be having a laugh...but I will repeat what has already been discussed.

10 months - 15 months.

It has been updated on your IMMI account.
Gov Website not updated yet - give it a few days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

You must be having a laugh...but I will repeat what has already been discussed.

10 months - 15 months.

It has been updated on your IMMI account.
Gov Website not updated yet - give it a few days.

Oh My God, yes it has changed on my Immiaccount 10 - 14 months. What should I do now, should I contact them ? I have gone way past 14 months.

1 hour ago, Echo22 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

I do not think there are any effects, just inform the DHA about your circumstances. Their is a form, I believe it is 1022  " Notification of Changes in Circumstances". Unfortunately, you must be Permanent resident or Citizen to qualify for paid parental leave. 

Edited by Nora

10 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Can anyone please tell me, what is the processing time for 186 TRT application?

As @boo-yaa suggested, please read the last few posts (there are many on this from the last page as well). 

If it sounds like it has already been spoken about (recently) - especially if there are near posts about the same thing, it's always recommended to read a few posts before posting and possibly avoiding duplicate questions / answers coming up. 

Few and far between queries make sense, but something that is literally *5 posts up, not so much 🙂 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nora said:

I do not think there are any effects, just inform the DHA about your circumstances. Their is a form, I believe it is 1022  " Notification of Changes in Circumstances". Unfortunately, you must be Permanent resident or Citizen to qualify for paid parental leave. 

However, there are some MA that suggest to inform about pregnancy or baby once the baby is born. And as Hex said, you shall upload a passport to add baby to your visa application (if not yet granted by then), the good thing is that there is no fee to add a new born to PR applications, according to DHA website. Good things are on your way!!! Bless!

5 minutes ago, Nora said:

Unfortunately, you must be Permanent resident or Citizen to qualify for paid parental leave. 

@Nora

I assume you're referring to the government paid paternity leave only? 

As for employers' - it's entirely up to them if they have policies / offer you paternity leave. I was lucky enough to get direct paid leave from my employer.
- If I was the one pregnant, it would have been 3 months, however, 5 days (spouse) was greatly appreciated. 

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

@Nora

I assume you're referring to the government paid paternity leave only? 

As for employers' - it's entirely up to them if they have policies / offer you paternity leave. I was lucky enough to get direct paid leave from my employer.
- If I was the one pregnant, it would have been 3 months, however, 5 days (spouse) was greatly appreciated. 

Sorry, yes.. referring to the Gov paid paternity leave. Relevant people shall check what arrangements they have with the employer. 🙂 

On 17/12/2018 at 14:06, Hex said:

@galisuman care to elaborate on this for us all please? 

Hi Hex catching on few things so late reply... ok since you noticed the processing time has reduced my source a close friend has told me that in Feb the processing will be back to reduced dramatically, the current backlog for the 186 applicants has been reduced and going forward the process will be streamlined and we will hear updates on our cases on regular basis. March applicants like me should be getting an update by end of Jan or mid feb at the latest.. I also think there will be some announcement from immigration regarding 2019-20 visa numbers (I am not sure if it will be increased or decreased so fingers crossed 🤞) and thats all what I got from the conversation I had with my friend....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, steve 007 said:

Hi, I have applied for 186 permanent employer sponsor, do I need to fill up form 80?

My Agent says  the case officer has not asked for it so don't worry.

Better do it in advance. Its mandatory anyway. What a relief your MA is. Must be well ready for it