Hi friends,
I have a question, a very particular situation.
I got my PR a couple of months ago. the company where I work had been making people redundant (or as they say, people are just quitting). I got a warning weeks ago for things I believe are not fair (and not true according to me) regarding my performance. These days I've been reading all my documents (contract, previous 457) and I realised the amount in my contract does not match with the guaranteed annual earnings (the GAE are like 6k above to what I've received for the past 3 years, no raise at all). 
Should I inform this? Any comments? Does this affect my PR?
Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

Once the PR is granted you are fine.
Do not worry about that. Such is life.
You could be on $100k a year and $50k a year the following one that it wouldn't matter.

It all matters before you apply to your visa. Not after it is granted.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Just out of interest, how long have people waited after additional documents for the nomination were submitted before hearing anything? Mine were submitted a week ago and just want to hear something now! It's 14 months next week since we applied ?

On 6/23/2017 at 19:11, tinkerjourn said:

Hi Everyone,

Anyone here who tried calling the immigration?

Is it Ok to call the department? My visa & nomination were lodged in 11/11/16.  Nomination approved 09/05/17 and addl docs requested same day.  Docs supplied 22/05/17. Its been a month and No feedback yet. My MA advised we can't chase the department until it goes beyond 9 mos.  I'm just wondering why some apps in Jan-Mar 2017 were approved while there are heaps of pending from 2016.

Just a follow up info about my last post and share this good news as well.  My colleague & friend was able to get PR & Nomination approval in 4.5 months last saturday.  Nomination & PR lodged 1st week of Feb2017 and both approved 24/06/17, No extra documents required.  We came from the same countries, same employer & same MA.  I should say lucky to those who got a not strict CO.       

Now I'm tempted to call the immigration and follow up my application if my MA does not.  I don't think I should wait for 9 months when they can approve in 4 months.  What do you think?          

• Like 1

On 25/06/2017 at 07:24, tinkerjourn said:

Oh that's a year wait mate.  Are you direct or transition? Have you or your MA been in contact with the department?

I am Direct Entry but I have already been working for my employer for over 2 years and worked in Oz for 5 years. My employer is a huge company btw.

Yes, I reached out to immi per email and phone. Our MA (my employer and I have the same MA) reached out as well. I even got granted a Bridging Visa B - I have been almost 6 months on Bridging Visa A.

But nothing. No CO. 

My MA thinks the file should be processed anytime now. When I applied I got told it would take 6 months.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tinkerjourn said:

Just a follow up info about my last post and share this good news as well.  My colleague & friend was able to get PR & Nomination approval in 4.5 months last saturday.  Nomination & PR lodged 1st week of Feb2017 and both approved 24/06/17, No extra documents required.  We came from the same countries, same employer & same MA.  I should say lucky to those who got a not strict CO.       

Now I'm tempted to call the immigration and follow up my application if my MA does not.  I don't think I should wait for 9 months when they can approve in 4 months.  What do you think?          

Congrats :) If you feel like calling, just do so! It never hurts to ask.

Hi Everyone 

as per spreadsheet immi started processing February applications.

do not whats wrong with systems, we are waiting from last year.

we provided requested documents still waiting for reopen our files almost 3 months after submitted required documents 

14 minutes ago, Hapy said:

Hi Everyone 

we provided requested documents still waiting for reopen our files almost 3 months after submitted required documents 

I have noticed that in the Spreadsheet. They opened a bunch of files, requested docs and people are still waiting. I really do not get the system either. 

36 minutes ago, jess6 said:

Congrats :) If you feel like calling, just do so! It never hurts to ask.

I'll wait till June 30, if still no update I will call immi.  It's not fair for them to say not to do follow up within time frames when the rests got approval in 3-5 mos. There is no consistency on their rule. 

34 minutes ago, Hapy said:

Hi Everyone 

I feel you, processing seems not fair.  My colleague lodged in Feb 2017 and got approval both nomination & PR on 24/06/17.  While I'm still waiting after extra docs are submitted a month ago, I lodged Nov 2016.

28 minutes ago, tinkerjourn said:

I'll wait till June 30, if still no update I will call immi.  It's not fair for them to say not to do follow up within time frames when the rests got approval in 3-5 mos. There is no consistency on their rule. 

If you feel like calling them, just do it. Do you have the same occupation than the other applicant?

Hi guys,
So happy to say my visa was granted today after a long 14 month wait. Feels surreal after so long!
For all of you still waiting, just keep going, it will happen eventually, good things come to those who wait!

What is timeline and occupation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hi guys,
So happy to say my visa was granted today after a long 14 month wait. Feels surreal after so long!
For all of you still waiting, just keep going, it will happen eventually, good things come to those who wait!

Congratulations.... what a relief it would be I can just imagine , what's your timeline mate...?? Mine application is gonna be 14 months tomm. So hoping it follows your waiting period ?[emoji4]

• Like 1

Oh god... I am so sorry. 

Yup I have almost stopped thinking about it now as it just helps a little but as soon as someday it. Once comes to my mind that whole day is wrecked as I cannot think about anything else but the reasons possible for not picking my file and just get stressed that if I'm ever gonna get it or not ....[emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

4 minutes ago, badaich87 said:

Congratulations.... what a relief it would be I can just imagine , what's your timeline mate...?? Mine application is gonna be 14 months tomm. So hoping it follows your waiting period ?emoji4.png

Nomination 1st May 2016

Visa application 3rd May 2016

Documents for nomination requested on 19th May 2017 which were submitted on 19th June.

Im a hairdresser offshore direct entry 

Edited by Vickiw89
Edited to say documents were requested for nomination
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jess6 said:

If you feel like calling them, just do it. Do you have the same occupation than the other applicant?

We have different occupation but mine is lodged 3 months earlier and my nomination approved in May so I don't think the occupation is an issue.  Extra docs requested for my visa (transcripts, statutory declaration) submitted within May.  As we have same MA, same countries, same employer, we submitted almost same documents but luckily my colleague got straight approval w/o any required docs.    

I think the CO really matters with time frame, depends on their assessment standards and how fast they pick up pending applications.  My analysis goes like this, if application has further docs needed they leave it after advising the MA/applicant. Then continue processing new applicant files.  They don't go back to the pending file if they are currently assessing new files even if extra docs are all supplied on pending application.  Which like my case, my CO must have been occupied with other applicants now and can't manage to pick up my files.  Oh I'm going nuts (: .               

43 minutes ago, Vickiw89 said:

Nomination 1st May 2016

Visa application 3rd May 2016

Documents for nomination requested on 19th May 2017 which were submitted on 19th June.

Im a hairdresser offshore direct entry 

Congrats - it's good to see them picking up the May applications!