Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, andreg said:

Thanks mate... 

in regards to the requirement, it's there on the home affairs website, as a generic request: 

Licensing, registration or membership

You must be licensed, registered or a member of a professional body if it is mandatory in the state or territory you intend to work in.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/direct-entry-stream#Eligibility

 

But when it comes to Engineers, it's a bit blurry and according to my MA, that'st the very first time she has had such request from a CO and neither of her colleagues faced the same as well.

So What are you providing them now?


Previous Visa 482 Production Engineer granted Nov/2018

186 DE

Production Engineer Technician 

EA outcome: Engineer Technologist

Nomination: 21/10/2019

Visa: 03/12/2019

Medical: 17/12/2019

27/2/2020 - More documents regarding Nomination & Visa application were required, I've submitted them on the same day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vinicius said:

So What are you providing them now?

MA prepared a letter explaining that there is no national regulatory body that registers and obligates engineers to be registered if not in QLD. Also, the Bills being discussed in NSW, not yet approved - "Professional Engineers Registration Bill 2019" https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/bills/Pages/bill-details.aspx?pk=3657

There is also an article from EA discussing about the topic(https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/News/latest-update-lot-noise-so-what-was-achieved)

We couldn't get any formal letter from EA, as they can't claim a false negative (which means, they can't prove there is no requirement to be registered in NSW, although they know it's not required lol). I spoke with both EA and Board of professionals in QLD asking about the obligation to be registered in NSW and what has been requested in my case, and they were both perplexes.

Edited by andreg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, andreg said:

MA prepared a letter explaining that there is no national regulatory body that registers and obligates engineers to be registered if not in QLD. Also, the Bills being discussed in NSW, not yet approved - "Professional Engineers Registration Bill 2019" https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/bills/Pages/bill-details.aspx?pk=3657

There is also an article from EA discussing about the topic. We couldn't get any formal letter from EA, as they can't claim a false negative (which means, they can't prove there is no requirement to be registered in NSW, although they know it's not required lol). I spoke with both EA and Board of professionals in QLD asking about the obligation to be registered in NSW and what has been requested in my case, and they were both perplexes.

Good to know,

Keep us posted please..

All the best


Previous Visa 482 Production Engineer granted Nov/2018

186 DE

Production Engineer Technician 

EA outcome: Engineer Technologist

Nomination: 21/10/2019

Visa: 03/12/2019

Medical: 17/12/2019

27/2/2020 - More documents regarding Nomination & Visa application were required, I've submitted them on the same day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, M A Z said:

So, it does not tally with the present processing timeline of 5 - 6 months!!! 

then why the immi dept showing that present processing time of 186 DE is 5 - 6 months? any opinion please

 

As per the department only 10% of DE applications are waiting from more than six months (before August 2019). (90% application has been processed with in six months.)

and same for TRT applications only 10% application are waiting from more than nine months. (before April 2019) (90% has been finalised within in nine months.)

  • Like 1

Restaurant Manager

Country: High Risk

First Nomination and Visa lodged on 16th April 2019 through TRT and nomination refused on 29th August reason was company can't afford for next two years.

Nomination lodged again on 16th October (Nomination Only, Not Visa)

Further documents requested on 18th February 2020. (About genuine need of this post)

Documents updated on 26th February.

No update after 26th February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all !

We received the golden email this afternoon. Yesterday CO asked for more documents for nomination and granted today. We wish this gift for Valentine and it comes true. Good luck to everyone. I do believe your case will be opened in the timeframe. 

186 TRT

Restaurant Manager

Applicants : 4 (1+ wife & children)

Nom + visa lodged 20/9/19

Medical clearance 10/10/19

Requested for more documents 6/02/2020

Granted 7/02/2020

 

  • Congratulations 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zen0123 said:

Hi all !

We received the golden email this afternoon. Yesterday CO asked for more documents for nomination and granted today. We wish this gift for Valentine and it comes true. Good luck to everyone. I do believe your case will be opened in the timeframe. 

186 TRT

Restaurant Manager

Applicants : 4 (1+ wife & children)

Nom + visa lodged 20/9/19

Medical clearance 10/10/19

Requested for more documents 6/02/2020

Granted 7/02/2020

 

Congratulations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all

I have registered newly in this forum and is a silent reader from long time.

I have a question and it would be grateful if any of you can answer it for me - May I please know when my PR will be granted based on the below info? Happy to share more info if in case the below isn’t sufficient.

Sub class: 186, Temporary Residence Transition

Visa Application Lodged On: 17 Jan 2020

Nomination Approved On: 28 Jan 2020 (Only item requested was Medicals)

Medicals Completed On: 31 Jan 2020 (The results are sent and the application indicated that it’s just waiting for further steps)

My application is being done by a consultancy(who tied up with my employer) and hence I can’t access it. But they said that it’s just awaiting co allocation and it should be grant thereafter.

May I please know roughly around what date I can get the grant decision assuming all goes well?

Thanks a lot for and your response will be really appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sam2000 said:

Hello all

I have registered newly in this forum and is a silent reader from long time.

I have a question and it would be grateful if any of you can answer it for me - May I please know when my PR will be granted based on the below info? Happy to share more info if in case the below isn’t sufficient.

Sub class: 186, Temporary Residence Transition

Visa Application Lodged On: 17 Jan 2020

Nomination Approved On: 28 Jan 2020 (Only item requested was Medicals)

Medicals Completed On: 31 Jan 2020 (The results are sent and the application indicated that it’s just waiting for further steps)

My application is being done by a consultancy(who tied up with my employer) and hence I can’t access it. But they said that it’s just awaiting co allocation and it should be grant thereafter.

May I please know roughly around what date I can get the grant decision assuming all goes well?

Thanks a lot for and your response will be really appreciated.

As per my experience ! These is no specific time . It should be done from 1 week to 6 months. Depends on Case officer and your circumstances. Good Luck ! and Congr for Nomination .


Nomination : 15/Jun/2015

Visa Application : 16/Jun/2015

Refusal Of Nomination Twice:

Refusal of Visa Twice:

ATT hearing Won Both Nominations

Nomination Approved.

186 VIsa application approved: 20 Sep 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sunny786 said:

As per my experience ! These is no specific time . It should be done from 1 week to 6 months. Depends on Case officer and your circumstances. Good Luck ! and Congr for Nomination .

Thanks, Sunny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: If I don’t have full access to my application (since I only linked my application to my immiaccount and MA has access to it), HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN THE NOMINATION HAS BEEN APPROVED? Can I see it via my immiaccount where my app is linked? Will there be any messages? TIA!

PS MA receives the comms, emails.

Edited by there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, there said:

Question: If I don’t have full access to my application (since I only linked my application to my immiaccount and MA has access to it), HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN THE NOMINATION HAS BEEN APPROVED? Can I see it via my immiaccount where my app is linked? Will there be any messages? TIA!

PS MA receives the comms, emails.

Only your employer or MA can see the nomination status. You can only see the visa application status and the messages related to the visa.


Restaurant Manager

Country: High Risk

First Nomination and Visa lodged on 16th April 2019 through TRT and nomination refused on 29th August reason was company can't afford for next two years.

Nomination lodged again on 16th October (Nomination Only, Not Visa)

Further documents requested on 18th February 2020. (About genuine need of this post)

Documents updated on 26th February.

No update after 26th February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again desperately waiting for the any grant on weekend.


Restaurant Manager

Country: High Risk

First Nomination and Visa lodged on 16th April 2019 through TRT and nomination refused on 29th August reason was company can't afford for next two years.

Nomination lodged again on 16th October (Nomination Only, Not Visa)

Further documents requested on 18th February 2020. (About genuine need of this post)

Documents updated on 26th February.

No update after 26th February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Again desperately waiting for the any grant on weekend.

I am not sure if anyone gets visa on weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, samiee said:

I am not sure if anyone gets visa on weekend?

Yes, I've seen many grants on Saturday, even i had seen one grant on Sunday too.


Restaurant Manager

Country: High Risk

First Nomination and Visa lodged on 16th April 2019 through TRT and nomination refused on 29th August reason was company can't afford for next two years.

Nomination lodged again on 16th October (Nomination Only, Not Visa)

Further documents requested on 18th February 2020. (About genuine need of this post)

Documents updated on 26th February.

No update after 26th February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One visa was granted on Sunday, 15th December 2019.

Here is the proof.

image.png.db7738da59a3a7f003870453cdfe6b67.png


Restaurant Manager

Country: High Risk

First Nomination and Visa lodged on 16th April 2019 through TRT and nomination refused on 29th August reason was company can't afford for next two years.

Nomination lodged again on 16th October (Nomination Only, Not Visa)

Further documents requested on 18th February 2020. (About genuine need of this post)

Documents updated on 26th February.

No update after 26th February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Yes, I've seen many grants on Saturday, even i had seen one grant on Sunday too.

Thankyou , now can hope during the weekend as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, samiee said:

Thankyou , now can hope during the weekend as well 

Nice to know that hope remains on weekend also. 


Visa: 186 DE

Occupation:   263111 Com Sys & Netwk Engr

Nomination and Visa applied: 16 Jun 19

Nomination approved:  16 Sept 19

S56 Req:18 Sept 19,  Submitted : 14 Oct

Addl doc req: 18 Oct 19, Submitted : 11 Nov 19.

Status: Further Assessment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, M A Z said:

Nice to know that hope remains on weekend also. 

But it's very rare, happens once in a blue moon. 😕

  • Like 1

Restaurant Manager

Country: High Risk

First Nomination and Visa lodged on 16th April 2019 through TRT and nomination refused on 29th August reason was company can't afford for next two years.

Nomination lodged again on 16th October (Nomination Only, Not Visa)

Further documents requested on 18th February 2020. (About genuine need of this post)

Documents updated on 26th February.

No update after 26th February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, week is finished with a lots of good news and with new hopes too.

Let hope for the best for the in coming week.


Restaurant Manager

Country: High Risk

First Nomination and Visa lodged on 16th April 2019 through TRT and nomination refused on 29th August reason was company can't afford for next two years.

Nomination lodged again on 16th October (Nomination Only, Not Visa)

Further documents requested on 18th February 2020. (About genuine need of this post)

Documents updated on 26th February.

No update after 26th February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Finally, week is finished with a lots of good news and with new hopes too.

Let hope for the best for the in coming week.

🤞🤞🤞 Fingers crossed for a golden week.


186DE

Visa & nomination applied: June 2019

Nomination approved: August 2019

Status: Further Assessment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2020 at 21:22, Dkumar93 said:

+ visa lodged 20/9/19

We received our silver email on Saturday. Nomination approved and medicals requested after 4 months of submission

Nomination and visa submitted 4th October 2019

Family of 4

186 TRT - Cook NSW

Now to book our medicals and hopefully receive the visa soon - By God's Grace I believe 

  • Congratulations 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys, quick question:

Does the visa status change automatically to further assessment after the "I confirm I have..." button is clicked?

My MA attached the docs requested on the S56 last Friday, 7th Feb - I can see it has been received, green tick - and theoretically, she clicked the button (I can't be sure 100%). Just wondering if the status should change automatically or there is no link between submitting the docs and pushing the button. My 28 days will expire this Friday.

It is still as Initial Assessment and I can see the last update date shown is 17th Jan, when they sent the s56 request.

Does anyone know?

Best regards

PS not sure if this is the "grey out" button that I have seen ppl mentioning on this forum. I am trying to contact my MA to triple check if it has been clicked, as I don't want to click on anything on my own. When I hover the mouse above the button, the icon change from the small hand to an arrow - unsure if it would allow me to click or not.

 

image.png.3d3809793ff5542c4cb47f14bf9d2a36.png

____________________________________________________________

186 DE (I have been previously working with the 485 postgraduate visa for 2ys in this company, MSA positive by EA in Oct 2019, EA membership member grade in Jan 2020)

Occupation: Production Engineer

Nomination & Visa Applied: 27 Nov 2019

s56 Required additional information for Visa application: 17 Jan 2020 --> Status changed to Initial assessment

S56 Required additional information for Nomination application: 21 Jan 2020 --> Status changed to Initial assessment

Additional docs submitted: 07 Feb 2020

Visa status: Initial assessment

Nomination status: unknown (?)

Edited by andreg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EMJ said:

We received our silver email on Saturday. Nomination approved and medicals requested after 4 months of submission

Nomination and visa submitted 4th October 2019

Family of 4

186 TRT - Cook NSW

Now to book our medicals and hopefully receive the visa soon - By God's Grace I believe 

Congratulations for nomination approval.

Good to hear that the dept is working on Saturday also.

  • Like 1

Visa: 186 DE

Occupation:   263111 Com Sys & Netwk Engr

Nomination and Visa applied: 16 Jun 19

Nomination approved:  16 Sept 19

S56 Req:18 Sept 19,  Submitted : 14 Oct

Addl doc req: 18 Oct 19, Submitted : 11 Nov 19.

Status: Further Assessment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, andreg said:

hey guys, quick question:

Does the visa status change automatically to further assessment after the "I confirm I have..." button is clicked?

My MA attached the docs requested on the S56 last Friday, 7th Feb - I can see it has been received, green tick - and theoretically, she clicked the button (I can't be sure 100%). Just wondering if the status should change automatically or there is no link between submitting the docs and pushing the button. My 28 days will expire this Friday.

It is still as Initial Assessment and I can see the last update date shown is 17th Jan, when they sent the s56 request.

Does anyone know?

Best regards

PS not sure if this is the "grey out" button that I have seen ppl mentioning on this forum. I am trying to contact my MA to triple check if it has been clicked, as I don't want to click on anything on my own. When I hover the mouse above the button, the icon change from the small hand to an arrow - unsure if it would allow me to click or not.

 

image.png.3d3809793ff5542c4cb47f14bf9d2a36.png

____________________________________________________________

186 DE (I have been previously working with the 485 postgraduate visa for 2ys in this company, MSA positive by EA in Oct 2019, EA membership member grade in Jan 2020)

Occupation: Production Engineer

Nomination & Visa Applied: 27 Nov 2019

s56 Required additional information for Visa application: 17 Jan 2020 --> Status changed to Initial assessment

S56 Required additional information for Nomination application: 21 Jan 2020 --> Status changed to Initial assessment

Additional docs submitted: 07 Feb 2020

Visa status: Initial assessment

Nomination status: unknown (?)

Hi,

So far I know that if your docus are received that day will be shown in the Immi Acct. 

It is when you open Immi Account, in the middle of page find the heading "Last Update". This is the date when dept last received your docus.

However, others to confirm this. 


Visa: 186 DE

Occupation:   263111 Com Sys & Netwk Engr

Nomination and Visa applied: 16 Jun 19

Nomination approved:  16 Sept 19

S56 Req:18 Sept 19,  Submitted : 14 Oct

Addl doc req: 18 Oct 19, Submitted : 11 Nov 19.

Status: Further Assessment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I'm going to lodge my 186 visa application soon and hope to get some help here 🙂

My agent is requesting my employer to pay the training benchmark fee for the period when I'm holding 457 visa before the new SAF levy implemented (12/08/2018) in order to meet the SBS obligation.

However, my employer check with another agent  and they insisted that employer do not have to pay for the training benchmark fee for that period even though the SAF levy wasn't implement yet and what they need to do is just pay the SAF when I lodge my 186 visa application and nomination. 

I really want to get everything right for my application but I am so confusing with that.

Do my employer need to pay the training benchmark for the time that I on my 457 to avoid nomination refuse?

Anyone have the same situation before? Please give me some advices. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×