13 minutes ago, Andytomas said:

Hi guys, a quick question.....

what does mean “grandfathered”? 

Many people are talking about having applied under “grandfathered”.

can someone explain to me please?

thanks

The ‘Grandfathering’ permits certain 457 visa holders who were granted their 457 visa on or before 18 April 2017 to apply under the current requirements for a ENS 186 TRT.

If you held, or had applied for, a Subclass 457 visa on 18 April 2017, you will be able to take advantage of existing TRT stream provisions: 

• Occupation requirements will remain the same (ie there are no restrictions as long as you continue to work in the same position for the same employer as approved for your visa);
  • The age requirement will remain at less than 50 years of age; and
  • The work experience requirement (ie. the requirement to have worked in your occupation at least two out of the three years prior to nomination on a Subclass 457) will remain at two years.

Source: http://www.abacusvisa.com.au/news-flash/grandfathering-provisions-announced-for-certain-457-visa-holders

So basically, if you were granted a 457 VISA after 18th April 2017, you would not be eligible to apply for the 186 TRT under the new conditions, however if you held before, the Grandfathering provisions allow for this. 

Edited by Whites.uk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi, I was wondering if the same PESE office that processes the employer nomination also process the visa nomination?

Let's say if VIC PESE processed my employer nomination will they also process the visa nomination? or can it be picked up by another PESE office?

Cheers

Hi anybody have any idea regarding training benchmarks my restaurant standard business sponsorship approvewas approve in March 2016. According to rules my employer have to meet training benchmarks in every year till 12august,2018 Right what if we lodge application after 12august ,2018 still employer have to meet training benchmarks till 12august 2018. Or not if we lodge application after 12august,2018. Because my employer didn’t meet traing benchmarks of 2years but they paid lum sum amount of 2% to TAFE end of July because they don’t know rules gonna chnage by the time rules has been change and they again paid SAF levy too and lodge nomination in sep . I talk to Different MA they all said employer who lodge nomination after 12august,2018 they don’t have to shows and meet the training benchmarks every years immigration only see the SAF levy . Is here anybody who nominated is grant who lodge nomination after 12august and who employer don’t meet traing benchmarks of past year but paid the SAF levy ? 

Edited by Rhitesh

6 hours ago, Ramirez said:

Hi, I was wondering if the same PESE office that processes the employer nomination also process the visa nomination?

Let's say if VIC PESE processed my employer nomination will they also process the visa nomination? or can it be picked up by another PESE office?

Cheers

@Ramirez Unfortunately not, these are 2 separate offices and multiple officers. 

9 hours ago, Mukki said:

Hi All

I have done my medical today My BMI was 25.4 ( overweight) . Due to ths , Immigration can ask for any further or additional test ? Any experience...?

@Mukki Although I haven't experienced this, I doubt the dept would come back with any additional requested tests. 

They worry more about serious issues (TB / disabilities etc.) I don't think being overweight with a high BMI would concern them too much. 

23 hours ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi,

If you apply for the 186 visa before your 457 expires you will be then be placed on BVA when your 457 expires. So if you are travelling prior to 457 expiring that is fine as you are still holding 457 visa.  Once it expires in June - any travel out of Australia until 186 is granted you will then need to apply for BVB to travel.

If however you apply for the 186 after your 457 visa expires you will be on a BVC and will have no travel condition.

Thank you! (& SAJ.N)

14 hours ago, Whites.uk said:

The ‘Grandfathering’ permits certain 457 visa holders who were granted their 457 visa on or before 18 April 2017 to apply under the current requirements for a ENS 186 TRT.

If you held, or had applied for, a Subclass 457 visa on 18 April 2017, you will be able to take advantage of existing TRT stream provisions: 

• Occupation requirements will remain the same (ie there are no restrictions as long as you continue to work in the same position for the same employer as approved for your visa);
  • The age requirement will remain at less than 50 years of age; and
  • The work experience requirement (ie. the requirement to have worked in your occupation at least two out of the three years prior to nomination on a Subclass 457) will remain at two years.

Source: http://www.abacusvisa.com.au/news-flash/grandfathering-provisions-announced-for-certain-457-visa-holders

So basically, if you were granted a 457 VISA after 18th April 2017, you would not be eligible to apply for the 186 TRT under the new conditions, however if you held before, the Grandfathering provisions allow for this. 

I have applied under the grandfathering provisions.

Does grandfathering takes more time?

I applied in November 2018 under the new SAF levy scheme and saw some grants in this group for November, Dec-2018.

Wondering if mine is on the way or will take sometime due to grandfathering.

6 minutes ago, kstttt said:

I have applied under the grandfathering provisions.

Does grandfathering takes more time?

I applied in November 2018 under the new SAF levy scheme and saw some grants in this group for November, Dec-2018.

Wondering if mine is on the way or will take sometime due to grandfathering.

@kstttt Nope, Grandfathering should make no difference to the time the application takes. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, My company just received an email from DHA and requested more information.

* Evidence that the duties to be performed in the position of Field Scoper (Electrical) correspond to the tasks of the nominated occupation of Electrical Engineer.

My question is, that is it normal that DHA ask for further evidence?

If anyone can help me with this that what good evidence to give to satisfy DHA or what kind of transcript to write. That will be really helpful.

or if anyone had any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Nomination Lodged: 4/10/18

Visa Lodged: 22/10/18

Electrical Engineer 

DE 186

• Congratulations 1

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

@kstttt Nope, Grandfathering should make no difference to the time the application takes. 

I would argue that the majority of Grandfathering roles now exist on the STSOL list, and not the MLTSSL - and we have reports that occupations on this list will be processed faster, as well as seeing people on this forum having their VISA's processed faster, not in all cases albeit. 

Edited by Whites.uk
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

I would argue that the majority of Grandfathering roles now exist on the STSOL list, and not the MLTSSL - and we have reports that occupations on this list will be processed faster, as well as seeing people on this forum having their VISA's processed faster, not in all cases albeit. 

Just found MLTSSL revised  on 11/03/2019 at https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00275

My occupation is still there.

analyst programmer

ACS

• Congratulations 1

Migration quato for 186 visa will be increase or decrease in 2019-2020 any body know that? Please share the info  I just see that and worried about quota because i think previous years have more quota for 186 visa I think 45000 now what I see in immigration web site it’s shows 30000 

18F9CDA9-49E0-4972-A278-CB43AE18F359.png

19 minutes ago, Rhitesh said:

Migration quato for 186 visa will be increase or decrease in 2019-2020 any body know that? Please share the info  I just see that and worried about quota because i think previous years have more quota for 186 visa I think 45000 now what I see in immigration web site it’s shows 30000 

Yes,

Unfortunately migration quota reduced again.

38 minutes ago, Rhitesh said:

The quota for employer sponsered (186+187) has been 48250 for years however it is a celling not a target. In year 2017-18 only 35528 were issued.

• Sad 1

The quota for employer sponsered (186+187) has been 48250 for years however it is a celling not a target. In year 2017-18 only 35528 were issued.

If I’m right, it seems that the quota for employer sponsored (186+187) is 39000(30000+9000) for 2019-2020. Isn’t it a huge reduction from 48250?
  • Sad 1

Just now, Fung said:

If I’m right, it seems that the quota for employer sponsored (186+187) is 39000(30000+9000) for 2019-2020. Isn’t it a huge reduction from 48250?

Does this affect people who already applied but haven't received the PR yet?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Fung said:

The skilled employer sponser is not 186 and 187. It will be a new type of VISA.

employer sponsored -- 30000 is 186+187

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, qfmouse said:

Just curious, what will happen when the amount of visa 186&187 approvals hit the limit?

1, let the rest applicants wait until next financial year?

2, refuse as many nomination applications as they could by very picky processing standard?

I would say your assumptions are correct.  However with regards to point 2 - the department are already a lot stricter and in the last 2 years they do not have to request any further information and can refuse - there has been a big increase in refusals due to this measure of not having to ask for further information.

That is why it is very important that the pending applications are continuously up to date.

• Like 1