3 minutes ago, Benoit said:

It seems that we are in a similar case and we also we have a similar timeline, I'm happy that I'm not only in that case for the updated dates, I hope we will have the good news this week! 

Hopefully this week , otherwise we have to wait until next year(Jan 2019).

Edited by ajk
  • Sad 1

On 15/12/2018 at 13:11, Nemesis said:

They are actually closed from Fri December 21st until Wednesday January 2nd. 

Individual staff may be on leave for longer but the Department will only be closed over the immediate Christmas/New Year period - as is normal for Australian Government Departments. 

Sorry guys for the late reply... I can't disclose the source but close associate informed me that government offices will be going in holiday mode from this week Wednesday so there will be on skeleton crew for emergency cases leading to Christmas and new year and will be back 2nd week of January full staff. I can also say there will be some changes coming in February 2019 from immigration department some form of news or update on the huge pending cases. 

6 minutes ago, galisuman said:

Sorry guys for the late reply... I can't disclose the source but close associate informed me that government offices will be going in holiday mode from this week Wednesday so there will be on skeleton crew for emergency cases leading to Christmas and new year and will be back 2nd week of January full staff. I can also say there will be some changes coming in February 2019 from immigration department some form of news or update on the huge pending cases. 

I guess they will increase the processing time again from 12-18 to 18-24 maybe? I'm so tired of this situation... and I know everyone is feeling the same in this forum 😞 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, galisuman said:

Hi Glasuman,

Can you say that it's a good news or bad in Feb????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, galisuman said:

Quite happy to disclose my source, couple of friends employed by the department. As usual they will only be on leave from Friday (21st) until January 2nd.

Standard government holidays, its not a secret so I can't see why you are scared to reveal your source!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jenny1985 said:

Let’s hope the news for feb is good!!!

Hi Jenny I wish and pray its good news as I think and from what I am hearing the huge backlog is cleared since 457 Visa has been removed last year so I hope the processing times will be reduced and files will be streamlined so we can hear decisions getting made quicker... fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

Quite happy to disclose my source, couple of friends employed by the department. As usual they will only be on leave from Friday (21st) until January 2nd.

Standard government holidays, its not a secret so I can't see why you are scared to reveal your source!!

Hi Nemesis not a state secret yes my source is employed by department and in border security.

3 minutes ago, galisuman said:

Hi Jenny I wish and pray its good news as I think and from what I am hearing the huge backlog is cleared since 457 Visa has been removed last year so I hope the processing times will be reduced and files will be streamlined so we can hear decisions getting made quicker... fingers crossed 🤞

Will the CO's working on the 457's be re-allocated to 186 / PR VISA's?

We had a 457 completed in our company, and he applied like 2-3 days before the deadline, so I think all applications should almost be finalized, other than the backlog of appeals.

After 10 months of waiting my PR was approved on the 14th of December...

I has a few requests for security checks and further information as I've lived in Spain and worked cross border in Gibraltar for 12 months, 3 years in Egypt and the UK.

This place has helped a lot through the process and I wish everyone waiting good luck!

Edited by Azzii1982
  • Like 4
  • Congratulations 16

Hello All, 

After months of waiting, and being a silent but keen follower of this forum; I am happy to report that my PR has been granted today. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel, despite moments of dark despair, and blinding hope. This community of posters helps a lot in dealing with this life-changing process. Thank you all! :)

State: NSW
Birth Country: India
Stream: Temporary Resident  Visa - ENS 186 Transition
Number of applicants: 1
Visa lodged  on the 20th Feb 2018
-- Visa Approved  on the 17th Dec 2018

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 18

Congratulations to both @pegasus and @Azzii1982 on your PR! 

My friend got his PR on Saturday too Transition lodged March 2018- straight approval no further documents requested. Literally dancing around so happy for him....

MEANWHILE..... i submitted all documents on Friday which were further requested from us and i am now just waiting patiently until i get the tick of approval- it was actually better (easier)  when my case just said " Received" - because i wasn't expecting anything, i was able to just get on with my life... but since our nomination  approval and even more now since Friday submitting further documents i'm so jumpy every time i get an email, and my heart pounds and i think IS THIS IT? IS THIS IT?.... and when its not (which is obviously every email at the moment) i get a bit sad again. Emotions are so up and down its hard to relax!

BUT I'm still hopeful our wonderful amazing Case Officer will re visit our case before xmas- i sent a Merry Christmas email this morning- that should help?  I MUST REMAIN POSITIVE AND SPRINKLE MY HAPPINESS LAW OF ATTRACTION DUST....(which is how i won monopoly last night so i'm certain it works🤣) and making little mantra's and songs up to hum throughout the day are contributing i'm sure

....however the wait is still soooo difficult... especially when you see people who have JUST applied this year getting theirs... i think PLEASE JUST SPEND 10 MINUTES ON MINE AGAIN PLLLLEEEEEAAAASE!

Any way- i'm just letting off some steam!

I'm 20 month and 10 days.... but hey who's counting? 

Happy Monday!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Congratulations 3

9 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

Congratulations to both @pegasus and @Azzii1982 on your PR! 

My friend got his PR on Saturday too Transition lodged March 2018- straight approval no further documents requested. Literally dancing around so happy for him....

MEANWHILE..... i submitted all documents on Friday which were further requested from us and i am now just waiting patiently until i get the tick of approval- it was actually better (easier)  when my case just said " Received" - because i wasn't expecting anything, i was able to just get on with my life... but since our nomination  approval and even more now since Friday submitting further documents i'm so jumpy every time i get an email, and my heart pounds and i think IS THIS IT? IS THIS IT?.... and when its not (which is obviously every email at the moment) i get a bit sad again. Emotions are so up and down its hard to relax!

BUT I'm still hopeful our wonderful amazing Case Officer will re visit our case before xmas- i sent a Merry Christmas email this morning- that should help?  I MUST REMAIN POSITIVE AND SPRINKLE MY HAPPINESS LAW OF ATTRACTION DUST....(which is how i won monopoly last night so i'm certain it works🤣) and making little mantra's and songs up to hum throughout the day are contributing i'm sure

....however the wait is still soooo difficult... especially when you see people who have JUST applied this year getting theirs... i think PLEASE JUST SPEND 10 MINUTES ON MINE AGAIN PLLLLEEEEEAAAASE!

Any way- i'm just letting off some steam!

I'm 20 month and 10 days.... but hey who's counting? 

Happy Monday!!!!

I would so LOVE to see your PR come through, but in the same time it would be sad for us still hanging around, as we wont be seeing any of your positive and happiness sprinkling post anymore! 🤩

I'm sure the X-mas email was all she needed.. It will come through very soon 😋 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EDB07 said:

I would so LOVE to see your PR come through, but in the same time it would be sad for us still hanging around, as we wont be seeing any of your positive and happiness sprinkling post anymore! 🤩

I'm sure the X-mas email was all she needed.. It will come through very soon 😋 

i hoooope soooooo! 

• Like 1