You don't require a BVB once a 457 or similar visas remain. My 457 expires August 2017. Therefore that precedes any other bridging visa. A BVB isn't needed as I still have my 457 active despite the 186 application in with immi.

Yes sorry, I missed the point.

I meant after the 457 expires.

Our 457 will expire Feb 2017.

What are "substantial reasons" for a BVB to be approved? Because it seems that once your 457 expires you can't leave Australia until 186 is approved. Most of the people I've heard about didn't apply for a BVB, preferring to wait until 186. Is it hard to get a BVB?

Nom&Visa 20 Apr 2016

LR 2people

Edited by ganzToOz

Finally got my Permanent Residency today..................................Yippeeeeeee.......Time to celebrate

Best of Luck to all who are waiting

This Forum has given lots and lots of support while I was stressed and down

One major thing of life has finished

Will reply to all your Congratulations on Monday..... Thanks everyone for being there

Finally got my Permanent Residency today..................................Yippeeeeeee.......Time to celebrate

Best of Luck to all who are waiting

This Forum has given lots and lots of support while I was stressed and down

One major thing of life has finished

Will reply to all your Congratulations on Monday..... Thanks everyone for being there

Congratulations mate

187 DE HR

Nom. 18/12/15

Visa 18/12/15

onshore

What are "substantial reasons" for a BVB to be approved? Because it seems that once your 457 expires you can't leave Australia until 186 is approved. Most of the people I've heard about didn't apply for a BVB, preferring to wait until 186. Is it hard to get a BVB?

DIBP grants BVBs quite easily based on people taking holidays, business trips, etc. Your reason for travel doesn't need to be substantial, simply that you have a holiday planned.

Nom&Visa 20 Apr 2016

LR 2people

I don't think there are any substantial reasons required, Just got to arrange the visa at $140.00 with immi. The link below may help;

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

how amazing you waited 9 months and its thru!! enjoy your new life :)

Nom&Visa 20 Apr 2016

LR 2people

457 to 186 apply 20 nov 2015 nom and visa same day but no update no reply ....more than 8 months now still waiting....occupation-hairdresser....hr...4 people

hi there my time line is same as your in the same week last week of November

get in touch with me

Miami also waiting long nothing happen yet

I rang immi couple of time same answer

no hope

Hi guys,

I'm glad to announce that the waiting ended. Yesterday the good news came and for few second surely it made me feel the happiest person in the world.

This morning I went to double check just to make sure it was real.

I wish to all of you a super fast approval and thanks for the support I received for this 7 months.

Visa and Nomination lodged 07\12\15

Nomination approved and Documents requested 06\07\16

Visa approved 29\07\16

Low Risk country

The document requested was General PenalCertificate (I gave them only the Certificate of Pending Charges). I think this is only an Italian extra document that need to be provided.

Hi guys,

I'm glad to announce that the waiting ended. Yesterday the good news came and for few second surely it made me feel the happiest person in the world.

This morning I went to double check just to make sure it was real.

I wish to all of you a super fast approval and thanks for the support I received for this 7 months.

Funny, I keep re-reading mine, too.

Hi guys could anyone give me suggestions about below question.

one of my friends went back his home county once his 457 visa expired. Now he will coming under same employer hold 457 visa.my question is is he need to be waiting two years to apply ens 186 visa?