Hi guys, I m sooooo happy to share the good news. Both of nom and visa granted a hour ago. Waiting Game has finished, hahaha! Many thanks to those who gave me a lot of support. Benny your one will come this afternoon or next week. And pray for those who are still waiting hard. Be strong. Happy Easter. Could somebody edit my status in spreadsheet please? PS: My notification email from immi acct comes after my Ma call me. The status in immi acct changed may delay.

Great News momo. Have a lovely easter holidays. Congratulations and All the best.

But remember, when you apply Medicare, you need to pay Medicare levy.

Could you please explain it in detail? How is it paid? Medicare levy will be calculated into my tax?

Yes, depends on your income and calculate into your annual tax return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Yes, depends on your income and calculate into your annual tax return

That is correct, so let's say you earn $60000 a year, you would pay some % of that towards the medicare levy every financial year. However, if you also hold a private health insurance, you can get some or all of that levy back.

This is not a professional advice, so I would speak to an accountant if I were you :)

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

It has been so quiet ... no PRs... Not even in the office here for any of our clients. No document requests from case officers either! Looks like they have already gone on holidays.

We understood, I am in holiday mood as well.

keep claim and wait until next Tuesday.

That is correct, so let's say you earn $60000 a year, you would pay some % of that towards the medicare levy every financial year. However, if you also hold a private health insurance, you can get some or all of that levy back.

This is not a professional advice, so I would speak to an accountant if I were you :)

Just to clarify, if you hold a 457 and apply for a 186 visa, on the day you apply for your 186 visa you are eligible for Medicare. Even if you do not apply for Medicare, you become ineligible for a refund of the Medicare levy and Medicare surcharge (if you earn enough for it to apply).

In my case, I applied for my 186 visa but did not apply for Medicare until after I received my visa 2 months later. When I applied to get my exemption certificate for the Medicare levy, it was only given up to the day before I applied for my 186 visa.

8 months today since I applied! All immigration can say is my case is being assessed!! The waiting is really getting to me!!!!!! (Been asked for more information twice, last time 10/03/16)

may I ask you what did they request from you? and how come did they ask you twice for additional info?

8 months today since I applied! All immigration can say is my case is being assessed!! The waiting is really getting to me!!!!!! (Been asked for more information twice, last time 10/03/16)

What additional documents or information have they asked for from you?

Asked for proof that I studied for 5 years in English (which I supplied with my application). Sent the info again. Wasn't enough to prove that I had studied 5 years so they asked for my academic transcript. Still waiting!!!

which transcript did they ask u? did u provide them those transcript, can you please b specific thanks

which transcript did they ask u? did u provide them those transcript, can you please b specific thanks

Asked for my academic transcript aka. the file that shows the years you studied and which subjects you took. It shows you were a full time student for the number of years listed.

FINALLY!!!!

Guess what!!!!??????

I finally got my PR just 1 min ago.

01/02/2008 is my first day in Australia, 5 years study. 3 years working...finally!!!!!!!!!!!!

My timeline is

18/08/2015 non and visa lodged

20/02/2016 asked documents

24/02/2016 NOM and VISA Grant!!!!!!!

VIC processing centre, difference CO officer with request document...

Thank you a lot of people in this forum. It is not a time to say goodbye, I am here from 05/2013 when I applied my 457 visa...Will continue support all the people in this forum!!!