That is correct, I filed my application in November and got the Medicare in December (getting an appointment in the city is difficult), you need to take the passport, filled in form and the visa submission acknowledgement from IMMI to the Medicare office. They will provide the number on the spot.

However be careful about cancelling your insurance, as that is a mandatory requirement for 457 and as you are still technically on 457 you need to maintain the insurance cover. This will also help you to apply for Medicare levy exemption when you file tax for this year. Check with your accountant.

Hi

Just thought of sharing this information.

I contacted the Immi department regarding the query - on requirement of health insurance after getting enrolled for 457 and this is the response I got

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for your email to the Temporary Work (Skilled)(457) processing section.

If as you indicated in your email of 24/03/2015 that you are fully enrolled into Medicare, this is considered sufficient in meeting the requirement in your visa condition 8501 HEALTH INSURANCE.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since enrollment into Medicare is sufficient to meet the 8501 Health Insurance condition that implies we do not private health insurance cover once we enroll for medicare on applying for PR.

Moreover regarding the Medicare levy exemption, once you enroll for medicare you become liable for Medicare levy and also the Visitor Insurance for 457 does not qualify for Private health insurance rebate.

Thanks for yout reply websie and nicolo, the thing is i used to work with another pastry chef and he did the same thing and it works for him. it's a transition stream, he had the PR on march.

Did they change the rules since ?

Thanks again

The 2-year requirement for the Temporary Resident Transition stream has been in place for quite a while so the pastry chef's nomination/application must either have been under the Direct Entry Stream or he'd passed the 2-year mark.

Guest Lynn23

We got email from our MA saying that the Immi is starting to assess our case, hopefully we got updates from the CO soon,

Edited by Lynn23

I applied nomination & visa on 28th Nov 2014, both granted today 25th March 2015, this site is so helpful thanks.
Congrats have applied nomination nd visa together but my MA said that after22nd of nov 2014 we can't lodge both together so for me they applied nomination on3 rd dec nd approved on 20 jan2015 nd visa applicantion on 16 of dec2014

PR Granted today!!!

Application was on 28th Oct, nomination granted on 12th March and PR granted on 25th March. Very happy - it's our 5th wedding anniversary too!

Having issues with the online visa timelines thing now that it's not a Google Sheet, but happy for someone to update this with the details above.

For us it was 2 weeks - not helped by the fact that our MA forgot to submit some of our documents!

Hi duckbird congratulations

You know which processing centre was it? It has been 27 days since they asked for the further documents. Still I'm waiting. Grr!

PR Granted today!!!

Application was on 28th Oct, nomination granted on 12th March and PR granted on 25th March. Very happy - it's our 5th wedding anniversary too!

Having issues with the online visa timelines thing now that it's not a Google Sheet, but happy for someone to update this with the details above.

Congratulations

Edited by CaptainC

Hi duckbird congratulations

You know which processing centre was it? It has been 27 days since they asked for the further documents. Still I'm waiting. Grr!

Hi Stubborn1,

I see in your timeline that your application was decision ready when you lodged but IMMI still asked for further documents. So I was wondering what further documents they were asking?

Hi Stubborn1,

I see in your timeline that your application was decision ready when you lodged but IMMI still asked for further documents. So I was wondering what further documents they were asking?

Hi Nicolo

Unfortunately they were not satisfied with the police clearance of both countries even though they we not expired. They asked for the most recent one.

Hi Nicolo

Unfortunately they were not satisfied with the police clearance of both countries even though they we not expired. They asked for the most recent one.

Did they say why they were not satisfied? what countries were the PCC from and when was the expiration of those clearances?

I live in Queensland but my application is being dealt with by the Perth office. How about yours?

My friend has been waiting for about 45 days and it's Perth office.When his MA rang them, they told him that the case officer's desk was empty and they would leave the message. But my one is in Parramatta. Let's hope will be soon.

Guest Lynn23

My friend lodged an application but he still have some unpaid tax and unpaid fee from tafe will this affect his application? He's broke at the moment but he's paying his tax and school fees a little,