Hi guys

one of my friends applied his visa application on 14th of October 2014. His file is opened yesterday and the case officer asked for AFP clearance and the police report from his country as well although they were supplied before. They asked for the fresh reports. So just let you guys, if your police reports are expired or about to expire better get new and upload them straightaway. Sometimes the MAs do not tell these these things.

Hi guys

one of my friends applied his visa application on 14th of October 2014. His file is opened yesterday and the case officer asked for AFP clearance and the police report from his country as well although they were supplied before. They asked for the fresh reports. So just let you guys, if your police reports are expired or about to expire better get new and upload them straightaway. Sometimes the MAs do not tell these these things.[/quote)

What was the expiration date of your friend's PCC from his country?

Edited by nicolo

Hi guys

one of my friends applied his visa application on 14th of October 2014. His file is opened yesterday and the case officer asked for AFP clearance and the police report from his country as well although they were supplied before. They asked for the fresh reports. So just let you guys, if your police reports are expired or about to expire better get new and upload them straightaway. Sometimes the MAs do not tell these these things.[/quote)

What was the expiration date of your friend's PCC from his country?

Hi nicolo

even after he got the police report from his country he hasn't been there and there is no expiry at all. it's just 11 months old.

Yes joeldee my police check is over 12 months old and I have been back in UK since it was issued!

When you submitted the application was your police check still valid? Mine has expired since submission of application in October but I was assured by immigration it must be valid at time of application only? I haven't left Oz since I arrived

Hi guys

one of my friends applied his visa application on 14th of October 2014. His file is opened yesterday and the case officer asked for AFP clearance and the police report from his country as well although they were supplied before. They asked for the fresh reports. So just let you guys, if your police reports are expired or about to expire better get new and upload them straightaway. Sometimes the MAs do not tell these these things.

i was told by immigration the police Certs must be valid at time of application submitted not the time they look at it! Mine have expired since submission in October so I'm hoping this is not required, can I ask what country were the police Certs required for?

i was told by immigration the police Certs must be valid at time of application submitted not the time they look at it! Mine have expired since submission in October so I'm hoping this is not required, can I ask what country were the police Certs required for?

Hi Midwife99

As I mentioned above the police clearance must be valid when the case officers have a look on applications. Be sure that PCC should be the most recent one( less than 12 months)

That is not correct. If you were told that by DIBP, I'm afraid that they're notorious for providing wrong information in response to phone calls.

PCCs don't need to be submitted when an application is lodged - they can be submitted either with the application or at a later time during processing. The important thing though is that ALL PCCs (and medicals) must still be valid (i.e. less than 12 months old) when the visa is GRANTED - not when it is lodged or looked at or when processing is started. To further complicate the issue, the date by which you must make your first entry to Australia to validate your visa will be calculated as 12 months from the date of your earliest PCC or medical. When there have been delays in processing, COs will sometimes give a few months extension to give people a few months in which to enter Australia for the first time but extensions are only possible BEFORE the visa is granted and it's entirely at the CO's discretion. Once the visa is granted, the First Entry date is set in stone.

Edited by Ozmaniac

When you submitted the application was your police check still valid? Mine has expired since submission of application in October but I was assured by immigration it must be valid at time of application only? I haven't left Oz since I arrived

Yes it was valid at time of application. I was led to believe as long as it was valid at time of submission it was ok. My friends police check had expired prior to her visa being granted and they did not ask for a new one. I think I will wait it out and see what the case officer says.....if I ever get one! Thanks for your advice

Hi All,

Just an update, my application was lodged via and MA 16th October.

Work sponsored PR.

Have heard nothing since.

Usual response when asking MA for update - 10th Feb

"The department is still allocating applications that were lodged in September and I have not received any communication regarding any applications lodged in October.

We are representing your case so the department will contact us directly and it’s highly unlikely that they will contact you."

Hi Guys,

1st time i'm following this forum.Seeking your expert opinion on ENS-186 ~ Temporary Residence Transition employer nomination

i have submitted my ENS nomination on 24th Dec,2014 without any MA help.

I have attached below docs,

1.Payroll & Training expenditure letter ~ from Employer

2.Evidence that the nominated person has worked for the same employer, in the same role and in the same location for the whole two year period ~ Letter from Employer

3.PAY G payment summaries for the period of employment

4.pay-slips

5.extracts of leave records.

Do i need any further document for nomination approval ?

Just wondering "Current Business Financial Status Evidence " is required or not from Employer ?

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum but just wanted to share some information with you and request some information if anyone knows the answer to my question.

I am currently in the process of applying for 186 Direct Entry Scheme visa with my employer.

My employer submitted their application 28/01/2015 and I submitted mine the same day. As of 1st April 2015 I would have worked for my nominating employer for a period of 2 years...I was informed by immigration that the current processing time was 6 months at the time of lodgement therefore I assumed I could submit my application early, start gathering police checks and medicals then by the time it is allocated to an officer I would have been there over two years. I only realised that you must have been working for your nominating employer for a period of 2 years at the time of lodgement 1 hour after I applied. I contacted immigration straight away to advise them of my mistake and was informed I needed to withdraw my application and apply for a refund. I have withdrawn my application but have been unsuccessful in a refund (tough lesson learned at the cost of $3520!).

My question is, my employer did not mention to me whether it asked them the same question 'Has the employee been working for your organisation for a period of at least 2 years' therefore I do not know whether my employer needs to withdraw their application aswell or whether this specific aspect only applied to the employee application.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Kaylesmit,

as per my knowledge 2 yrs emplyoment period is applicable for only Temporary residence transition stream ~ 457 visa holder only not for direct entry stream.

Check with employer about nomination status !

approved nomination is valid for 6 months, by the time you will complete your 2 yrs empolyment and you can lodge your visa application after that.

Hi Kaylesmit,

as per my knowledge 2 yrs emplyoment period is applicable for only Temporary residence transition stream ~ 457 visa holder only not for direct entry stream.

Check with employer about nomination status !

approved nomination is valid for 6 months, by the time you will complete your 2 yrs empolyment and you can lodge your visa application after that.

Thanks for that - forgot to mention I am applying to be exempt from skills assessment due to currently holding a 461 NZ family relationship visa and part of being exempt you must have worked for the employer for 2 years. But your response suggests that this would on apply to my application rather than my employers 