Reading some of the posts here reminds me of how daunting this process is. We received PR last November and it was a huge relief. Some general advice for anyone tearing their hair out at the moment:

- "A watched pot never boils" - bit of a cliche, but it's good advice. If you're looking on the IMMI website daily (like we were) you'll drive yourself mad.

- This won't last forever, although the uncertainty makes it feel like it will.

- No amount of pushing will make this happen any faster. It'll take on average 3-6 months to process, so don't have unrealistic expectations

- Be organised though - don't wait to get your documents lodged and medicals done. Police checks take time to process, so put the requests in as soon as you apply.

Best of luck to everyone.

Reading some of the posts here reminds me of how daunting this process is. We received PR last November and it was a huge relief. Some general advice for anyone tearing their hair out at the moment:

- "A watched pot never boils" - bit of a cliche, but it's good advice. If you're looking on the IMMI website daily (like we were) you'll drive yourself mad.

- This won't last forever, although the uncertainty makes it feel like it will.

- No amount of pushing will make this happen any faster. It'll take on average 3-6 months to process, so don't have unrealistic expectations

- Be organised though - don't wait to get your documents lodged and medicals done. Police checks take time to process, so put the requests in as soon as you apply.

Best of luck to everyone.

very good advice. I already reset my expectation from 3 months to 5-6 months.

Guys, the dept have said themselves that they are processing applications from end of June. And anyone who applied around the 20th, it's only 12 weeks this week. I think we may start getting some news next week. The average time seems to be 12-14 weeks. Chin up everyone :) we'll be sipping Krystal and partying like it's 1999 in no time. That rhymes marge, and you know it rhymes!

Hi I'm new here, thought I'd post my time line (hopefully I'm doing this right!) Currently in Perth WA with my young family...

May 2014 Employer applied for nomination for 186 Visa.

July 26th Nomination approved

July 31st Submitted my application

Aug 31st Meds & PC complete & uploaded

7 weeks since 31st waiting for case worker to be assigned.

Just to make things interesting my wife is pregnant and couldn't have chest Xray, Bunbury Med centre said meds would be finalised after babies birth in Dec, waiting to see what happens next. Wondering if there is anyway we can get the PR through without that Xray, have to wait and sweat it out I guess.

PS how awesome is Australia I think this could be paradise for a Leeds lad!

b659beef82046340e8718f3646dcf5f7.jpg

A colleague of mine has just gotten his 186 granted.

Application and Nomination submitted 22nd June via MA as a decision ready application.

His visa was granted today 19th.

Mine was submitted the same way on 12th August.

It varies from case to case. Mine is also decision ready application. All the documents including police clearance and medical exam were uploaded by the end of May but so far I heard nothing from the case officer. I just know my case was assigned to a co in Melbourne team 05.

It has been almost 4 months since my applications were lodged. I also saw someone in this forum is in the similar situation. So it really varies from case to case. It depends on where are you from (high/low risk country) and which team/officer is processing your applications...