New customs process - submit your ToR for UK shipments and pets at least 3 weeks before you move

ScottieGirl

On 20/07/2018 at 10:31, Amber Snowball said:

Hi, they aren’t taking phone calls anymore apparently. Email the same address you sent the TOR to and put live animals as the subject line. I got a reply within the hour. Good luck.

Well, we’ve been home for 3 weeks now...

Never received a reply concerning my ToR application until I sent a letter signed by my father (I hand wrote it as no printer here..) saying I was staying with him, plus a rates notice. It took them a week to approve the application after that.

Funnily enough, I wasn’t charged VAT on the cats... presumably they thought they were worthless at 11 years old ?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Hoping for some advice regarding our ToR application. 

We are sending some belongings via movecube scheduled for pickup in 2 weeks (transit time around 12 weeks from memory). Separately we will be shipping our dog via another company in November.

Do we complete two separate ToR applications, or put belongings and dog all on same ToR even though they travel via different companies, at different times and arrive in different locations on different dates?

Just dont want to cause a delay to the movecube because they're searching for a dog that isn't there, or cause an issue with the pup because we applied on a different ToR

Thanks

31 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Hi,

Hoping for some advice regarding our ToR application. 

We are sending some belongings via movecube scheduled for pickup in 2 weeks (transit time around 12 weeks from memory). Separately we will be shipping our dog via another company in November.

Do we complete two separate ToR applications, or put belongings and dog all on same ToR even though they travel via different companies, at different times and arrive in different locations on different dates?

Just dont want to cause a delay to the movecube because they're searching for a dog that isn't there, or cause an issue with the pup because we applied on a different ToR

Thanks

Hi, when are you travelling. The dog has to arrive within 5(?) days of you otherwise they are considered as vat applied goods anyway, TOR or not as far as I can remember. 

7 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

Hi, when are you travelling. The dog has to arrive within 5(?) days of you otherwise they are considered as vat applied goods anyway, TOR or not as far as I can remember. 

Hi Amber,

I will be travelling late October and my partner mid November. Pup will be sent by my partner a few days before she flies over.

Does that complicate things if I am already there to collect pup straight form the airport on his day of arrival?

Thanks

Edited by MacGyver

52 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Hi Amber,

I will be travelling late October and my partner mid November. Pup will be sent by my partner a few days before she flies over.

Does that complicate things if I am already there to collect pup straight form the airport on his day of arrival?

Thanks

I think it is the travel dates. So your partner will be the person flying over within the time frame. You can collect as long as the transport company are aware and let everyone know. You’ll need the dogs number for flying that the transport company will give you when the flight is confirmed.

It should all be covered by the one TOR. My cat flew in June and my cube arrived in September all under the same number. It all needs to arrive within 12 months of the TOR being issued from memory. 

When you email your application, put live animal in the subject line. Scan docs at the lowest resolution possible. There might be an extra information section on the application you can put your dogs dates and your partners flight so they know you meet the criteria. The gov.uk website has some good information.

Good luck

• Like 1

Hello

When we sent pets from Australia to England they arrived at ARC Heathrow,  not sure where your pup is arriving. 

The ARC wanted local contact name & number,  which could be you in this case,  what day, approx time they were being picked up and by whom. 

As this was all our arranged before if you're named as picking pet up it may not be an issue.  

If you're using pet transport company they can sort all this.  We used Dogtainers for our cats; ARC still contacted my mother in law in England to check the number. 

We got them few hours after their arrival.  

Hope all goes well

Sue 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suesmalls said:

Hello

When we sent pets from Australia to England they arrived at ARC Heathrow,  not sure where your pup is arriving. 

The ARC wanted local contact name & number,  which could be you in this case,  what day, approx time they were being picked up and by whom. 

As this was all our arranged before if you're named as picking pet up it may not be an issue.  

If you're using pet transport company they can sort all this.  We used Dogtainers for our cats; ARC still contacted my mother in law in England to check the number. 

We got them few hours after their arrival.  

Hope all goes well

Sue 

You were lucky. Had a 6-7 hour delay at Heathrow ARC the day we flew in!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm returning Jan 10th and tribg to work out when to get my cube sent. I'm only doing a small one, do I need to have All my stuff packed before doing TOR?? I've read some people just given inventory list but that would be a few specific things then '10 standard boxes', the contents wont be listed. 

Also if it has to be done three weeks before it ships what with Xmas and new year I'm thinking of sending it early Dec, so I'll need to pack quite soon! Just taking books, knick knacks, kids toys and some kitchen stuff so think we'll be OK without it, but wondering if by Jan there would be more bits I'd need to send??? Think I'll need to be really meticulous!

5 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

Hi, I'm returning Jan 10th and tribg to work out when to get my cube sent. I'm only doing a small one, do I need to have All my stuff packed before doing TOR?? I've read some people just given inventory list but that would be a few specific things then '10 standard boxes', the contents wont be listed. 

Also if it has to be done three weeks before it ships what with Xmas and new year I'm thinking of sending it early Dec, so I'll need to pack quite soon! Just taking books, knick knacks, kids toys and some kitchen stuff so think we'll be OK without it, but wondering if by Jan there would be more bits I'd need to send??? Think I'll need to be really meticulous!

No, you don’t need to pack first. My inventory was alot longer with more stuff than I ended up shipping. I was using a shared container then changed to a large cube. Just put everything you think you might take on the inventory. Better it’s listed and not included than the other way around. This is what I did with no issues.

The movecube requires you to do a customs inventory that goes with the cube so they know exactly what is in there!

It’s a boring admin task that once you get going is much easier than it sounded!

Good luck and safe journey.

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I'm moving to the UK in early July (Aussie with Italian Passport) with my Wife (British Passport) and we are moving our dog over as well as a shared container of items.

A couple questions on the ToR form please.

Do both of us need to do the application or just one of of us? If both, do you do one application with both names or a seperate form each? Obviously my wife has the British passport so it would be best for her to do it if only 1 of us needs to be on the form.

Also, I know you need to do the form 3 weeks before leaving, but I like to to be organised. Is it too early to do it now for a July move?

thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

2 hours ago, PaulVazz said:

Hi there,

I'm moving to the UK in early July (Aussie with Italian Passport) with my Wife (British Passport) and we are moving our dog over as well as a shared container of items.

A couple questions on the ToR form please.

Do both of us need to do the application or just one of of us? If both, do you do one application with both names or a seperate form each? Obviously my wife has the British passport so it would be best for her to do it if only 1 of us needs to be on the form.

Also, I know you need to do the form 3 weeks before leaving, but I like to to be organised. Is it too early to do it now for a July move?

thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Pretty sure you do one form only as it is for the shipment not the person, if that makes sense. I can remember another member saying they did a form each and didn’t need to.

Do it as soon as you want. July isn’t that far away. You can put an approximate date for the move on it. When I did mine last year I had to put “live animal” in the subject line of the email and it gets done quicker.

Also use low res scans. The size of the email can only be a few mbs, it’s a pain. Unless they have increased it recently.

Good luck with the move! 😀

4 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

Pretty sure you do one form only as it is for the shipment not the person, if that makes sense. I can remember another member saying they did a form each and didn’t need to.

Yes, that’s right, just one form it is for the shipment not the person.  We did two and then I was panicking because we only got one reference number.😂

• Like 1

On 17/10/2018 at 03:19, Bumblebee said:

We just used the paperwork we got with our  removals quote, so it was a very generalised list. I can’t remember if the TOR asks for specifics but if it does you can expand on any details on there. 

15 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

Do it as soon as you want. July isn’t that far away. You can put an approximate date for the move on it. When I did mine last year I had to put “live animal” in the subject line of the email and it gets done quicker.

Also use low res scans. The size of the email can only be a few mbs, it’s a pain. Unless they have increased it recently.

Good luck with the move! 😀

Great thanks for that. Yeah that all makes sense. Here's hoping for a smooth move! Now if only this Brexit business would sort itself out.

Hi  We are looking to move back in June .. the only thing we are taking back is the dog (apart from suitcases) staying with my sister temporarily and looking for work as soon as back ... does anyone know how to fill in the form if we only have the dog and not a container of any kind .. thank you in advance

2 hours ago, bevhal said:

Hi  We are looking to move back in June .. the only thing we are taking back is the dog (apart from suitcases) staying with my sister temporarily and looking for work as soon as back ... does anyone know how to fill in the form if we only have the dog and not a container of any kind .. thank you in advance

Put the dog! As above put “live animal” in the subject line of the email.

Then put clothes, shoes etc.

They seem to like some sort of a list.

Are you taking any personal pictures or anything? List them.

That would be it.

Others have been in the same position as you and had their TOR issued so you should be fine. 

Good luck!

Edited by Amber Snowball
Added info
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Jemvin said:

Help... just seen this post and I’ve just sent my cube or uk and flynon Wednesday.... did I need to do this form, what happenes if you don’t? Seven seas didn’t ask or tell me about it??? 

Thanks

Oh wow, they should have asked for it, they did me! You can do it now and then give the TOR to them when you get it. Just means you’ll be subject to VAT on your belongings if you don’t get it before your stuff arrives in the UK. You can claim the VAT back but if you’ve ever tried to get money back from HMRC it’s not something you’d want to do willingly!

They are turning them around quite quickly now I think so sit down with all your info and get it done now and you should be fine! Good luck. 😬

29 minutes ago, Jemvin said:

Help... just seen this post and I’ve just sent my cube or uk and flynon Wednesday.... did I need to do this form, what happenes if you don’t? Seven seas didn’t ask or tell me about it??? 

Thanks

I can’t believe that they haven’t given you the information!! The TOR has been in use for over 2 years!! When we moved back in 2017 Chess moving said we were the first customers of theirs to use it (lucky us!!) and we were their “testers”!!  Do it now, you should be ok. 

3 hours ago, Rmcg said:

Going to be completing my TOR in the next couple of days. Do I need to send invoices for everything we have or some stuff or not really??

We didn’t send any invoices in at all. We used our packers inventory/quote for our details. I think we had to provide details to show that we had sold our house, we used our settlement statement. 

1 hour ago, Martinbjulieb said:

We didn’t send any invoices in at all. We used our packers inventory/quote for our details. I think we had to provide details to show that we had sold our house, we used our settlement statement. 

No I didn’t send any invoices. Don’t remember supplying my settlement for the house either. Copy of my passport and the council rego for the cat, sent them. Had to send my house settlement statement to moneycorp when exchanging my money.