House selling Feng shui tip????

Guest Angelcake

Guest Angelcake

Does anyone remember the house selling feng shui tip someone posted on here a few weeks back?

You're supposed to get a red envelope, put in something metal and wood from the house and some earth from the garden, then chuck it in the nearest river and wish for a house sale.

Anyhow, desperate times call for desperate measures. So a few weeks ago I took a walk down to the river, stood on the bridge like a complete berk :embarrassed:, had a quick look round, whistling in a 'just admiring the view' type of way, chucked the envelope over and scuttled on my way.

At 12pm got a call from my EA to say I had a viewing the next day (Sat) and one on Sunday. Hadnt had any for weeks so was pleased.

2 weeks on, the 1st couple have put in an offer which we've accepted and the 2nd couple want first refusal if anything goes wrong with the sale. I also got a note through the door from another EA today saying they have a couple in rented who want to live in my street , can I contact them.

Either the market's picking up, Feng Shui works or house buyers are like buses - you get nothing for ages then 3 come along all at once!!! :twitcy:

Angelcake

does Anyone Remember The House Selling Feng Shui Tip Someone Posted On Here A Few Weeks Back?

You're Supposed To Get A Red Envelope, Put In Something Metal And Wood From The House And Some Earth From The Garden, Then Chuck It In The Nearest River And Wish For A House Sale.

Anyhow, Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures. So A Few Weeks Ago I Took A Walk Down To The River, Stood On The Bridge Like A Complete Berk :embarrassed:, Had A Quick Look Round, Whistling In A 'just Admiring The View' Type Of Way, Chucked The Envelope Over And Scuttled On My Way.

At 12pm Got A Call From My Ea To Say I Had A Viewing The Next Day (sat) And One On Sunday. Hadnt Had Any For Weeks So Was Pleased.

2 Weeks On, The 1st Couple Have Put In An Offer Which We've Accepted And The 2nd Couple Want First Refusal If Anything Goes Wrong With The Sale. I Also Got A Note Through The Door From Another Ea Today Saying They Have A Couple In Rented Who Want To Live In My Street , Can I Contact Them.

Either The Market's Picking Up, Feng Shui Works Or House Buyers Are Like Buses - You Get Nothing For Ages Then 3 Come Along All At Once!!! :twitcy:

Angelcake

Defo The Fehg Shui Angel Lol .... Can I Ask What You Put In Envelope ??? Might Try This Myself When The Time Comes !!!

Mrs Keily

Guest Karen K

I throw my red envolope in the river in April and i have had NO interested since boo hoo, however i might try it again as i bought a pack of 6 red envolpes so may as well use them XX

Guest Lui A xxx

Right..............i know what i'm doing tomorrow..........!!!!!!!!............

i'll let you all know how i get on........

xxx

Guest Angelcake
Defo The Fehg Shui Angel Lol .... Can I Ask What You Put In Envelope ??? Might Try This Myself When The Time Comes !!!

Mrs Keily

I put in a screw (metal) small piece of old skirting board (wood) and a lump of earth from the garden.

Good luck!

Angelcake

Guest Angelcake
Right..............i know what i'm doing tomorrow..........!!!!!!!!............

i'll let you all know how i get on........

xxx

Fingers crossed for you Lui!!!:wacko:

Angelcake

Guest melissa

You nutter!!

It worked, what a result. Fair play to you, did anyone see you on the bridge?

Have you any more tip's of this fashion?

Darren.

Guest Angelcake
You nutter!!

It worked, what a result. Fair play to you, did anyone see you on the bridge?

Have you any more tip's of this fashion?

Darren.

Don't *think* anyone saw me, although Im half expecting to get stopped in the high street by someone asking me what the hell I was doing acting suspiciously on the bridge and was I going to jump ?:twitcy:

Ok this is another Feng Shui tip that was posted on another site, havent tried it myself cos I didnt need to!!!

Get a small box, nice paper, and write what to wish to happen with a new pen (something like: I want my house to sell quickly for a decent price etc). Blow some air on the paper, roll it, place in the box together with a business card of your estate agent and maybe even a picture of the house with SOLD written on it.

Apparently it worked within a week for the person who tried it! Bit less embarassment factor with this one!!!

Good luck and house buying chinese vibes to everyone!!

Angelcake

Guest The Littles

Hey Angelcake

Twas me that posted the feng shui tip! So glad that it worked for you. Was feeling a bit miffed that no one had posted a positive response!

It really did work for me once before and I tried it again in April when we put our house on the market. We had a viewing within 24 hrs, but the couple who want ours can't sell theirs!

Fingers crossed that your sale goes smoothly - I might try it again, now that you have had such a positive result!

Gaynor

Guest Curlysoo

"Apparently it worked within a week for the person who tried it! Bit less embarassment factor with this one!!!

Angelcake"

I wonder where I put my glasses? :cool: I read this as "buying cheese, vibes to everyone" :wacko:...wondered what sort of cheese! ...think I need a home for the lost and bewildered never mind a new life in Oz! LOL!

Guest Angelcake
"Apparently it worked within a week for the person who tried it! Bit less embarassment factor with this one!!!

Angelcake"

I wonder where I put my glasses? I read this as "buying cheese, vibes to everyone" :wacko:...wondered what sort of cheese! ...think I need a home for the lost and bewildered never mind a new life in Oz! LOL!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the cheese tip is for something completely different:twitcy:!!!!

Angelcake

Guest Angelcake
Ah there you are sister.......... you not been taking your medication again????:policeman:

Damn - I've been busted!!:cute:

Guest Angelcake
Hey Angelcake

Twas me that posted the feng shui tip! So glad that it worked for you. Was feeling a bit miffed that no one had posted a positive response!

It really did work for me once before and I tried it again in April when we put our house on the market. We had a viewing within 24 hrs, but the couple who want ours can't sell theirs!

Fingers crossed that your sale goes smoothly - I might try it again, now that you have had such a positive result!

Gaynor

Hi Gaynor,

Oooh thanks for posting the tip - looks like it worked for me!! Definatley try it again - you never know!!

Angelcake

Theres also feng shui tips for selling the house depending which way your front door is facing i.e. north south etc

if you door is facing south - then south is fire colours which should be red,orange,purple,& strong pink or you can use wood elements colours which are green & brown as wood feeds a fire - confused ummmm not sure if it works thou

good luck anyway

stuju

Guest hartleys

Had our house on the market 8 weeks with no viewers and we have our 1st this saturday so im definately going to try this as well as fresh coffee, baking bread and every other tip i can think of, im not going to look desperate at all am i, much.

• 1 month later...
Guest Cindrella

The discussion is quite interesting.

Try following feng shui in your daily life even to sell or buy the house, then you can get what you want.

It is these negative energies that have been keeping you from achieving the life your desire, holding you back from abundant prosperity, stopping you from having the relationships your desire.Remove the clutter and try to have good chi at home.

-------------------

feng shui expert

Guest Lui A xxx
Where do you buy red envelopes? (2 veiwers today but not heard anything!)

when you go and buy a birthday card.......any other card for that matter................you could accidently slip one in your bag.............:policeman:............or to make yourself feel a little bit better........buy a card........but pick up two red envelopes...........:GEEK:.............easy.........!!!!............

xxx

when you go and buy a birthday card.......any other card for that matter................you could accidently slip one in your bag.............:policeman:............or to make yourself feel a little bit better........buy a card........but pick up two red envelopes...........:GEEK:.............easy.........!!!!............

xxx

naughty!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Cindrella

Feng Shui real estate practices are useful in selling a home for a variety of reasons.

Decorating and designing a home to reflect these ancient traditions generates a feeling of good chi,

or energy for anyone who visits and looks to buy the house. Check to see if any areas look or feel

congested. It may be necessary to remove certain pieces of furniture to open up the room.

--------------

feng shui

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you my experience with the red envelope. I live in Hampshire and was hoping to move to the West Country (no connection with OZ other than my brother lives in Perth).

We put our house on the market in July 2010, had very few viewings and became increasingly frustrated. Some 7 months later I was browsing Feng Shui websites and found this forum and thread.

What have I got to lose I thought, and immediately went about collecting all the bits together then carefully researched google to find the nearest river, I dropped my red envelope from the bridge on 1st March!

That night and every night for the next week my husband and I discussed the frustrations of having the house on the market for 8 months, the lack of viewings, having to live in a show home environment and various other issues. We eventually decided, after copious amounts of wine, that we would take the house off the market. :(

I called into the estate agent a couple of days later to advise him, he looked absolutely horrified. 'Oh no' he said 'The lady that viewed last week, is going to put an offer in tomorrow'! We had made our decision though and continued with our new plans to stay put!

5 months on and we feel that we have made the wrong decision (though we now know that we are really sure about moving to the country). Our house is back on the market and against my better judgement, we went back to Devon to view houses and have found one we have set our hearts on. Fingers crossed that it isn't snapped up.

Guess what I'll be buying later today! I do hope that I haven't upset the Feng Shui spirits by rejecting the good luck earlier in the year.

Will keep you updated :biggrin:

Archived