Citizenship application sent- but immigration need to know more about birth cert

millers

Hi Peeps

My hubby and I have just applied for Citizenship ( currently on a PR visa in Queensland) and have sent all the documents required but immigration are not happy with our birth certs we sent ( born in the 70's). They are saying we have provided a short/extract certificate. It doesn't have our parents names on there and its not apparently considered a full UK birth certificate!!!! but this is all we have and have ever had.

Has anyone gone through this drama and can offer any advice please ?

Thanks

Millers:arghh:

Edited by millers

Agree with the above.

You need a full birth certificate naming both parents in full. The short version won't cut it. They require this for visa applications also now. Its pretty easy to organise and doesn't cost much.

Surely you needed to supply full birth certificates for your visa.

Yep. Long birth certificates were definitely a requirement for the visa application when we applied in 2009. I had the long certificate mine (born 1970) but we had to apply for OHs. Takes about a week to come through, if that.

Thanks guys for your help- submitted normal birth cert when we applied for PR in 2014 and all was good( that's why I'm asking the question as we never needed it before)

I think most would consider the long version of the birth certificate to be the "normal" one. :wink:

It was definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, a requirement to submit the full birth certificate in 2014. Are you 100pc certain that you didn't and don't already have this tucked away somewhere.? If you are certain, well in that case you just got lucky and your case officer simply made a mistake in accepting the short version back then.

Anyway as mentioned, these are very easy to get hold of and you can apply online.

I think most would consider the long version of the birth certificate to be the "normal" one. :wink:

It was definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, a requirement to submit the full birth certificate in 2014. Are you 100pc certain that you didn't and don't already have this tucked away somewhere.? If you are certain, well in that case you just got lucky and your case officer simply made a mistake in accepting the short version back then.

Anyway as mentioned, these are very easy to get hold of and you can apply online.

Yes all we have is the small one and nothing else- just applying online and it doesn't give an option to ask for a Long form ? birth cert???? not sure I'm going to get the right thing and not just a duplicate of what I already have

Yes all we have is the small one and nothing else- just applying online and it doesn't give an option to ask for a Long form ? birth cert???? not sure I'm going to get the right thing and not just a duplicate of what I already have

I beleive the "standard" is the certificate with parent information.

Also I just read the associated FAQ about what is included on the birth certificate and it states that you would see parent information on the birth certificate.

When my son got his Birth Certificate in 2010 they issued the short form certificate for free. There was a fee for the long form one (which of course we paid - infact got two copies - because we knew we'd need it) but clearly the short form is normal in the UK now and the long form is the premium edition.

Edited by Ken