Personalised plates

Guest The Birmingham Villains

Guest The Birmingham Villains

Hi everyone,

hopefully on my way to Brisbane soon on 457 visa. The house is up for sale and will soon be putting the car up for sale also. I have got personalised plates on my car and I am in a dilemma. My wife bought them for me 4 years ago for my 40th b'day and I don't think I can take them with me for use in Oz. Does anyone know the ruling on this?

Cheers

Kev

Hi everyone,

hopefully on my way to Brisbane soon on 457 visa. The house is up for sale and will soon be putting the car up for sale also. I have got personalised plates on my car and I am in a dilemma. My wife bought them for me 4 years ago for my 40th b'day and I don't think I can take them with me for use in Oz. Does anyone know the ruling on this?

Cheers

Kev

hi

you can get pers plates here thinkits cheao\per than uk and you can have owt i it hasnot been taken

malx

Nope you will have to get ones that are approved by the RTA of your state. You may be lucky and find that your particular personalized letter/number combo has not been taken by someone else but it will cost you more for vanity plates than regular ones. You cant even take them from state to state as vehicle registration is a state issue and cars are supposed to be registered in their new state within 3 months of arrival there.

we had bought a personal plate for Zak when he was born and decided to ask a friend if he would put it on his car ,i didnt really want to sell it until i knew we were staying and wouldve forgot the yearly retention fe as quoll says we cant use them here so i guess ill have to put it on ebay at some point now we know there wont be a return to pommy land!!lol

Cal x

Saw this in Burleigh Heads yesterday, and saddo I am took a piccy. It's a good 'un though

[ATTACH]535[/ATTACH]

Can't get it to go bigger, so click on it to read!

Jo x

Sheesh he has it on a Falcon!!! Now that belongs on an Aston Martin I reckon!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TraceyB68

Cal depending on what the plate is I wouldn't put it on ebay, we currently have two plates which we bought for our boys and the one for our eldest son doubled in the first two years, I got that price from a car registration agent.

I'll need to get both of ours valued and then look at selling, it's a shame though but hey ho.

Tracey x

Hi everyone,

Cheers

Kev

Its soooo a 40 thing isnt it? I finally have my convertable and my hubby brought me a private plate about 4 months ago. About 2 months before we decided to try for Oz.

looking at the second hand car market in Oz we wont be able to afford it there.:arghh:

Guest TraceyB68

Don't tell me that my hubby has promised me that I can have one when we get out there !!

Tracey x

Don't tell me that my hubby has promised me that I can have one when we get out there !!

Tracey x

I do hope I am wrong but I am led to believe that unless you are buying new the second hand car market is really dear. I have been driving around the village for the first time in 40 years and loving it pretending I am a 20 something blonde he he !:yes:

I have personalised plates on my car here in Melbourne. It cost me $400 and the only condition is that when (or if) I sell my car I have to either sell it with those plates or put a new rego on it (not too expensive according to the woman in Vic roads). I can then put my plates onto my new motor!!!

Felicity:cute:

Guest TraceyB68

Thanks for that will probably have to look at replacing them when we get over there, at the moment they have their initials.

What's Mornington like Felicity ? That's the area we have pinpointed for us !

Tracey x

Thanks for that will probably have to look at replacing them when we get over there, at the moment they have their initials.

What's Mornington like Felicity ? That's the area we have pinpointed for us !

Tracey x

We love it here. We're very glad we chose to settle here, it has kept the homesickness at bay and we feel right at home now. Have a look through the Victoria section - there are loads of poms here and many of them have written something about the peninsula

Felicity

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brooksey

You can only keep your reg plate on retension for a year in UK. i'd put it up for sale as fast as you can . Hav'nt sold my car yet but sold the plate to a dealer (admitedly at half the valuation) but needed new documents back to sell the car.

Brooksey have the rules back there changed? i bought Zak's when he was born (9yrs ago) and kept it on retention for at least 3 years before putting it on a vehicle ,as long as you paid the yearly fee it didnt matter,as i said that was a few years ago and you know how quick they change rules and regulations.

Cal x

You can only keep your reg plate on retension for a year in UK. i'd put it up for sale as fast as you can . Hav'nt sold my car yet but sold the plate to a dealer (admitedly at half the valuation) but needed new documents back to sell the car.

BLADESMAN is taken in WA mate:biglaugh:

hands off

Malx

aka Billy 5M

nice ere innit

Archived