My horrible nightmare migration story.

Do you know that everyone on a PR can get a Cert 111 with little or no cost. Even look at setting up your own business.

I'd like to second The Pom Queen's suggestion of a cert 111. Just pick something that interests you from TAFE. The fees are really cheap plus you'll probably get a "pensioner education allowance" to help with study materials. That way you'll get some structure to the day, get to meet people over time and come out with new skills.

With your financial situation and health issues, I guess this is a bit of a redundant question … but, are you getting out on the MX bike at all? I’ve not had nearly the same run of bad luck as you, but I know what it is to feel lonely and empty, even though I had a girlfriend (who then became my wife) at the time.

See, I was mortally unhappy in the UK, until I was able to find something that made me happy. In my case it was Downhill mountain bike riding / racing, and I made the best mates I could have asked for through it. Many of these mates also rode crossers… so I know the kind of people you meet in those circles.

Find something that makes you happy, preferably a hobby shared with others … and the rest will fall into place

I had to sell my motocross bike last year when I first got injured to help pay the bills.

anyhow I struggle to bend over and tie my laces, theres no way I could ride a dirt bike these days. I am contemplating a push bike though to just ride on flat roads

May seem like strange advice but get yourself a dog or cat.

A dog will be your best friend, love you unconditionally just for being you, and cheer you up.

You get out of the house walking which is good for you as well.

I'm not allowed a dog where I live, I walk my sisters dog when I can to get out the house.

I'm not allowed a dog where I live, I walk my sisters dog when I can to get out the house.

How about putting some notices up offering dog walking services? That way you get the exercise and companionship of a dog (or several) without having to have them live with you.

I had to sell my motocross bike last year when I first got injured to help pay the bills.

anyhow I struggle to bend over and tie my laces, theres no way I could ride a dirt bike these days. I am contemplating a push bike though to just ride on flat roads

Cycling (all forms of it) , is a very sociable sport / activity. I can highly recommend doing exactly that. Go to your local bike shop and ask if they do regular shop rides. You don't need any top of the range bike to get your started and you'll find your social circle growing quickly.

I think some sort of support group might be good , Jack- there are a few around - ask at the hospital or doctors or look in your local council directory. Failing that, an interest group? Good way to get to know people and can also lead to employment-as can any form of volunteering. Can you drive? Volunteer drivers are always in high demand and they provide transport at a lot of centres , usually 12 seaters. Meal on wheels delivery ( can be a 'jockey', don't have to drive) Visiting frail housebound people?

Guest The Pom Queen

I think some sort of support group might be good , Jack- there are a few around - ask at the hospital or doctors or look in your local council directory. Failing that, an interest group? Good way to get to know people and can also lead to employment-as can any form of volunteering. Can you drive? Volunteer drivers are always in high demand and they provide transport at a lot of centres , usually 12 seaters. Meal on wheels delivery ( can be a 'jockey', don't have to drive) Visiting frail housebound people?
@starlight7 makes an excellent point. I've been stuck in hospital all week with dr's telling me I need a wheelchair, I can't drive, I can't lift, bend, stretch, stand and this is for life. I was in a bad state yesterday but today the hospital occupational therapist came in and together we sat and formed a plan of how I can still feel independent. She also said I can get help with shopping, cleaning and transport, I probably won't take that up as I'm too proud and stubborn but when she left I felt like a huge weight has been lifted. Yes I still need the wheelchair but we have worked out that I can maybe only use it when I leave the house and at home use an office chair to get around. Please ask at the hospital to talk to the OT and also the care worker. I think to get some of the help your disability as to be permanent which mine is but just check.

Guest The Pom Queen

Oops I read Starlights post wrong, but maybe you could do both, get help in some things but offer help to others in things that you can do.

• 2 weeks later...

One general rule. If you have a trip which is uphill, difficult - than sooner or later you will be walking downhill where it will be a lot easier and the trip will be a lot more pleasant!

..that make any sense whatsoever??? :)

in sghort. Hang in there. Sooner or later the situation will turn around ;)

i hope the cloud lifts. Life can be a bugger. You have it would appear been very unfortunate. Do you have 'friends' you can get some solace from? All important not to be alone in times of difficulty. Feel free to send a pm if you wish to discuss more. Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

well bloody hell ,some of you people in perth ,help the bloke out .

.isnt this what the forum is all about ?

well bloody hell ,some of you people in perth ,help the bloke out .

.isnt this what the forum is all about ?

The forum means different things to different people obviously. One can but offer a hand, it is for the other to reach out and accept the offer, if genuine of course.

I for one have had no personal message following up my quest for behind the scenes contact, so not really sure of what else can be done, or indeed what your post is meant to convey. It sounds almost finger pointing in my direction ....something I will not accept, if am correct in how I read it.

To the best of my knowledge there has ben no further mention from the OP on his personal situation. If you on the other hand, have some further idea with regards helping out, don't be shy in suggesting exactly what that could be.