Gift ideas

stevej

Early Learning Centre stuff, you cant get that in Perth

There used to be an ELC at Garden City .. not sure if it's still there. To the OP, I'd ask if there is anything they miss and would like you to bring and treat them to a meal whilst you're here

hi everyone,

we we will be visiting Perth from the end of next week. We are looking for ideas of gifts to take for our OZ host and their children. The children are young about 4 and 1 both boys. Really have no idea.

Cheers

steve

Pie face, but you can get it there.

British chocolate.

Marmite

Thanks everyone, some good ideas. We did ask if there was anything they missed but seen as they have been out there for some 40 odd years they said they have forgotten anything they used to like. The only info I can gleam is they like knorr lamb stock cubes and Kendal mint cake. We are thinking a nice book and teddy would go down well with the kids. Obviously we will be taking them out for dinner while there. We land on Saturday and they already have a big family BBQ planned for us. So excited right now to be honest.

Take them out for dinner whilst here.

Plus - a bottle of duty free whisky or vodka or gin or rum.

For the kids - a London taxi or bus is great for the one year old.. We still have ours.

And playmobil for the 4yo. The grandparents bring half a case full of the stuff every time they come over for our two.

They play with it more than any other things they own.

I'm with them on the Knorr lamb stock cubes. I was over in the UK for a holiday last year and stocked up on them :cute:

I tend to grab something while waiting for the plane. As has been suggested, a touristy type toy is an easy solution. For kids I usually also grab a touristy type of tee shirt in a size bigger than their age so they can grow into it. For a 1 year old, I'd get 2 or 3, 4 I'd go 5 or 6. When I visited the UK I took back a batch of the Aussie gold and green tees and a couple of aboriginal art design ones for kids we were visiting.

Take them out for dinner whilst here.

Plus - a bottle of duty free whisky or vodka or gin or rum.

For the kids - a London taxi or bus is great for the one year old.. We still have ours.

And playmobil for the 4yo. The grandparents bring half a case full of the stuff every time they come over for our two.

They play with it more than any other things they own.

4 bottles?

Thanks everyone some really great ideas. Think a walk round toys r us wouldn't go a miss. I forget what our kids were into at that age even though it was only 8 years ago. Then again my boy was obsessed with WWE wrestling from age 3 to 10 so that was pretty much it.

Thanks everyone some really great ideas. Think a walk round toys r us wouldn't go a miss. I forget what our kids were into at that age even though it was only 8 years ago. Then again my boy was obsessed with WWE wrestling from age 3 to 10 so that was pretty much it.

My kids loved WWE too - so always easy when it came to pressies. My in-laws bought us something here as a 'thanks for having us' gift. For the kids PJ's are always a good idea and also easy to pack. My daughter did a flying visit to her grandparents on her way home - and they gave her a book for us about a castle that's in associated with our name which we've loved reading. If your hosts are into books - something of the place they came from (again easy to pack in your luggage).

Edited by ali