I'm so stressed... to go back, right or wrong decision?

Rainman

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not bothered by the winter really, the 'bad bit' only really lasts a couple of months. Today is going to be 15 degrees and it's nearly November. We are lucky in this country that our climate is temerate, no real extremes.

Agree Bristol.,our winters bare no resemblance to the ones I had as a kid ....building bonfires and there was rutted ice on the ground .

From now until about April used to be tough going .

Its trying to be autumn ,but you can still feel the warmth and stillness ...just seen a bloke in shorts ...bloody hell ....

Personally just hoping for another " non winter "

How are you getting on vs ? ...an interesting 18 months for you

Great thanks. It has been a tough year or two, but a lot better since been back. We are very much enjoying Scotland though spent last week in Whitby and this week in Scarborough which has been great.

Looking forward to to getting back into a place we own next year. Probably a nice little cottage. Only the two of us, so a two bed but with large gardens.

Still got got things for the house to buy as we arrived with nothing, but nearly there.

Agree Bristol.,our winters bare no resemblance to the ones I had as a kid ....building bonfires and there was rutted ice on the ground .

From now until about April used to be tough going .

Its trying to be autumn ,but you can still feel the warmth and stillness ...just seen a bloke in shorts ...bloody hell ....

Personally just hoping for another " non winter "

Well that might have been me in shorts lol. Going to be even warmer today.

I am still trying to work out why people say that.

Thirty years ago when I migrated to Australia, there was no question that Australia offered a more prosperous life, with cheaper housing and higher pay.

Nowadays, I don't think you can say Australia offers a better life.

- SOME people will find the weather is better (but it depends where they came from and where they moved to and how they handle heat/humidity);

- SOME people will find the pay is better (but it depends what their occupation is);

- SOME people will find they can afford a bigger better house (but it depends where they came from and moved to).

- SOME people will find the lifestyle is better (but it depends whether they like a beach/outdoor lifestyle).

Very few people would find Australia is "better" in EVERY aspect. It's just different, that's all, and those differences will suit some people and not others.

Australia offers the rare opportunity to live in a foreign country where there's no language barrier, so it's a good place to have a new adventure. That's it in a nutshell.

i was referencing my own life rather than making a sweeping statement overall so I think you misunderstood that.

I just wanted to say good luck what ever you decide to do. :smile:

we have been here just over 4 years and are planning on returning to the UK next year too. Not because of family just because it feels right, can't really put it into words?

I don't think the UK is the best county in the world, just the best country for me!

You will find good and bad in every country. Had to laugh at the post about South Australia it was the complete opposite to how I found it, we lived there almost 3 years before moving to Melbourne. Just goes to show we all like different things. I can't cope with the really hot weather much prefer cold and wet, but so many people love it! I do like the longer days in summer but you get those in both countries.