What's happening with the US

Liam13

What amazes me is that the news footage showed a close-up of one of the perpetrators carrying (shoulder slung) what was clearly an assault rifle as he walked through the crowd and nobody intercepted him. From my recollection it is legal in texas under most circumstances to open carry a handgun but an assault rifle is not a hand gun. Why didn't somebody do something!!!!?

What amazes me is that the news footage showed a close-up of one of the perpetrators carrying (shoulder slung) what was clearly an assault rifle as he walked through the crowd and nobody intercepted him. From my recollection it is legal in texas under most circumstances to open carry a handgun but an assault rifle is not a hand gun. Why didn't somebody do something!!!!?

From what I just read that guy in the photo handed himself in after that photo was released. He was released shortly after apparently.

As long as the right to bear nuclear arms and assault rifles remains in the US constitution this sort of thing will just keep happening.

If they had any sense then even if they were to keep their constitution unchanged they would insist that it only applied to muzzle loading flintlocks - the type of arms they had when the second amendment was written.

LIKE WHAT? IT IS TEXAS YOU CAN WALK THE STREETS LIKE THIS.

oregon_armed_protester_01-19-2016-thumb-250x401-2685.jpg

I lived in Austin for a year, it was ace. It would be savaged on this website though.

One of my closest friends married an American and they moved from California to Texas. I also really liked Austin when I visited her. Great live music venues!

Archived