Entering Aus

BlueKangaroo

If you enter Aus under a tourist visa (with your Aus family) and they suspect you we going to stay, what are the possible outcomes? Will they deny you entry?

also if you are an Aus citizen and you enter saying you are just visiting but it turns out you are staying does that matter?

entering Perth if it makes any difference.

If you enter Aus under a tourist visa (with your Aus family) and they suspect you we going to stay, what are the possible outcomes? Will they deny you entry?

also if you are an Aus citizen and you enter saying you are just visiting but it turns out you are staying does that matter?

entering Perth if it makes any difference.

They may deny you entry. But how would they know?

If you are an oz citizen you can do whatever you want.

If you're partner is Australian , you may be able to apply for a spouse visa from within Australia. Look it up.

Will be interested in the answers to this as you sound like you may be in a similar situation to ours. Myself and children are Australian citizens and are heading back and I hadn't anticipated any problems. I rightly or wrongly assumed that as Australian citizens you are well within your rights to then register as residents if you decide once you are there?

I presume you may be planning to enter on a visitor visa with your family and then apply for a partner visa/bridging visa onshore? Have seen some advice on here about the partner(non Australian citizen) not carrying documents that would suggest their intention is to apply for a visa once they are in the country but not sure what the implications are if immigration suspect this. It's not that you are intending on doing anything illegally if this is the case.

I presume it would certainly flag up your intentions to immigration if you havn't got a return flight booked.

Australian citizens can come and go as they please.

If a tourist enters with the intention of something else and this is detected on entry (which they sometimes do) then the person would face being deported and potentially banned from reapplying for a visa for 3 years.

If you enter Australia with your Australian family on a tourist visa, expect to be grilled. If they have a suspicion that you're planning to stay permanently, you'll be put straight back on the plane (though your family will be allowed to remain, since they're citizens). You will also be banned from entering Australia for three years, and it will count against you when you apply for a visa to join them.

The sensible thing would be to stay in the UK a bit longer, do the right thing and apply for a spouse visa. Then you will be able to move to Australia without any problems.

If you are determined to take the risk, then you need to take every precaution to ensure they won't suspect. Don't arrive on a one-way ticket, that will definitely give the game away. Take only the amount of luggage you'd bring on holiday. They may search your luggage so don't bring CV's, evidence of qualifications, or anything else that might look like either of you is going to apply for work. They may also check laptops and phones for emails applying for jobs etc.

If you get through Immigration safely, then you can wait a few weeks then apply for a spouse visa on shore and it'll be fine - which sounds crazy, but you can say that you weren't planning to stay, but now you've seen Australia you've changed your mind, and they can't prove otherwise!

I seem to recall that your oh has a job lined up in Australia. In your shoes I wouldn't be taking silly risks - I would be applying for your spouse visa, let your husband go to Australia for his job if he must, and then you can join him when you can do so legally.

If its a spouse visa your ultimately wanting to apply for just do it in the UK save yourself the constant worry. If the OH needs to go out for work first then love can wait and your finally be rejoined at least it will give the OH a chance to hunt out places to live and areas etc. The worse case if you plan on doing what you suggest is they suspect something at the boarder give you a 3 year ban to Australia and I am not sure if this will effect any later visa's as sometimes you have to declare if you have ever been banned from a country.

Archived