eu referendum update

bunbury61

The footsie is the highest it has been for 3 months, the pound will not plummet.

What exactly do you think will support it?

Do you think the bank of England will support it by raising rates?

You may get a dead cat bounce. but The pound will fall, and it will support industry in this time of trouble. Inflation will kick in in six months time. Hang onto your hats.

What's so ironic is the number of people who voted for Brexit and are now panicking over what unfolding.... despite the fact, this is exactly we were all told would happen !!

Its going to be a bumpy ride !!

I cannot see people who voted for brexit panicking? On the contrary they seem really happy.

Petrol has been creeping up for the last 6 months as the price of oil has been rising. Nothing to do with the vote or campaign. House prices are booming at this moment, no sign of a slow down.[/quote

How do you know that? if you dont read the papers? did you do a nationwide survey yourself? Where are your facts. I know 2 families who have had house sales fall through because of Brexit worries.

but let me guess your right the newspapers are wrong?

Petrol has been creeping up for the last 6 months as the price of oil has been rising. Nothing to do with the vote or campaign. House prices are booming at this moment, no sign of a slow down.[/quote

How do you know that? if you dont read the papers? did you do a nationwide survey yourself? Where are your facts. I know 2 families who have had house sales fall through because of Brexit worries.

but let me guess your right the newspapers are wrong?

Just what I see in stratford, house prices have been going up for a long time. And I know people who have got a lot more for their houses recently than they ever expected.

And bbc and sky news now! He is too scared to push the button and be the one responsible for pushing the UK into recession.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36637037

You cant trust politicians - they lie to get your vote and change tune as soon as they win. Nothing new

Of course the UK wants ties and trade to europe the same as the president of the EU said europe wants to continue trade with the UK...THIS IS NOT NEWS. He has not changed his tune at all.

Edited by Perthbum

His column said: "I cannot stress too much that Britain is part of Europe, and always will be." Wasnt he campaigning to leave?

this whole referendum was just a big waste of tax payers money. Nothing will change. Oh well I am happy he bottled it.

Edited by The Raillys

I cannot see the point in arguing now about what the effects of a Leave vote will be. We are all about to see it for ourselves starting this week.

As long as as the markets believe that the UK will stay in the single market then the damage can be limited. Expect Leave to ratchet down the expectations from the negotiations following the invoking of Article 50 to calm the markets.

Farage will do his nut and whip up the hardliners.

I cannot see the point in arguing now about what the effects of a Leave vote will be. We are all about to see it for ourselves starting this week.

As long as as the markets believe that the UK will stay in the single market then the damage can be limited. Expect Leave to ratchet down the expectations from the negotiations following the invoking of Article 50 to calm the markets.

Farage will do his nut and whip up the hardliners.

article 50 will not be invoked...mark my words.

Is there any chance that Scotland can now help throw a spanner in the works in Westminster, given the rising tide of recognition throughout the UK that almost everything the Remain camp warned against is now coming to pass? There is turmoil in both major parties. "Mutti" Merkel is holding the leash on those in the EU bent on unleashing the Dogs of Brexit. Will Boris (presuming he becomes PM) have the numbers in the chamber? Once parliament votes to endorse the results of the referendum there will be no turning back. The petition to have another referendum now has three million signatures. Does that mean anything? Continuing turmoil in global markets will be the backdrop to all this, of course.