Surname on passport maiden name

dreamitliveit

Dreamitliveit that could be a prob as one of the criteria is that you 12 months experience in your current post. Hind sight is a wonderful thing. Do you have a line manager who you could confined in about you wanting to emigrate and who could provide you with a reference??? Could you maybe ask your old manager to give you an open reference as well and keep copies for as and when you need them.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

[PDF][/PDF]

Bungo not idea. We had given up hope of getting sn invite n spent our saving for emigrating on house renovations. But sods law as soon as we finished the work, we got the invite!!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Well I don't want to take OPs thread off topic, but there is something very peculiar about that and OP should certainly not consider that to be a typical experience. It is so far from typical it is not funny.

My previous manager would give me a reference no problem and the one before that. I plan to work in this post 12 months before I make the move anyway...so prob wont get over for at least 1.5 year but Surely 5 years in ICU with references would be enough ? I was told I would be snapped up with my critical care experience and my post grad qualifications too.

My previous manager would give me a reference no problem and the one before that. I plan to work in this post 12 months before I make the move anyway...so prob wont get over for at least 1.5 year but Surely 5 years in ICU with references would be enough ? I was told I would be snapped up with my critical care experience and my post grad qualifications too.

I am sure five years nursing will be enough, why do you think it won't be? I have seen nurses with less than a year of work experience get visas.

Btw nobody is "snapped up" when it comes to skilled migration. Anyone that meets the criteria will get a visa and the timing of invitation will depend on points and when one applied, not the details of work history. Nobody at immigration will even look at that before the application stage, invitations to apply are sent out by a machine.

The important thing to consider is what name do you use for all your daily activities : bank accounts, utilities, cards, mortgage/loan, license etc?

If everything is in your maiden name then dont change it because down the line using anything as proof will also require you to send the name change document, which causes confusion sometimes.

This.

My wife has also used more than one name and has to provide marriage and divorce certificates everywhere. It was to much for Qantas to bear, so we lost a stack of FF points. Our mortgage and rates bills are in a previous name and are in the too hard basket for changing. She has two bank accounts in different names. Passport and driving licence have matched for two years - the first time in a long time - which is good because the Medicare card is in a different name so that it matches the kids.

None of this is helped by her inability to obtain a birth certificate.

If she could have her time again, she would never have changed her name on anything official, but could happily have called herself whatever she wanted in social circles.

My wife has also used more than one name and has to provide marriage and divorce certificates everywhere. It was to much for Qantas to bear, so we lost a stack of FF points. Our mortgage and rates bills are in a previous name and are in the too hard basket for changing. She has two bank accounts in different names. Passport and driving licence have matched for two years - the first time in a long time - which is good because the Medicare card is in a different name so that it matches the kids.

None of this is helped by her inability to obtain a birth certificate.

If she could have her time again, she would never have changed her name on anything official, but could happily have called herself whatever she wanted in social circles.

I agree 200%! When I got married the first time, it still wasn't the done thing to keep your maiden name so I changed it. I'm now married for the second time and I've had very similar experiences as your wife in having documents and accounts in different names and it causing all kinds of confusion.

If you're going to change your name, you really have to do it wholesale because if you miss some document or other, it comes back to bite you eventually!

If you have the right documentation it is very simple to get names changed at banks and other places.

It is a very simple process as long as you have the required documentation.

Does it ever surprise you when you find that people who are much smarter than you have difficulty doing things that you think are straightforward?

Anyway if you have been responsible for wrecking someone's marriage then you deserve every difficulty you get.

I agree, unfortunately my first husband didn't change his name when we married, so when he ran off with one of his 19 year old students, he had no such difficulties to deal with

I agree, unfortunately my first husband didn't change his name when we married, so when he ran off with one of his 19 year old students, he had no such difficulties to deal with

I think Parley gave us a brief glimpse of why he hates women.

My wife was in the middle of her Physio degree when we got married. The course told her to change her name then as it would all be a lot simpler later with professional registration bodies etc. She never regretted it as it transpired some years later that the person who'd she thought was her father (and who has divorced her mother), whose name she bore, had not been her birth father. We presume her mother is her birth mother as all we have is a certificate from the Adopted Childs Register and, at the time we discovered this, they refused to release the full birth certificate. Her Mother has never discussed the situation.

My registration has been changed to my married name when I got married and so are all my bank details but my mortgage and drivers licence and passport are all in my maiden name still- my passport was only 1 year old when i got married so it was such a waste to pay for a new one !

My registration has been changed to my married name when I got married and so are all my bank details but my mortgage and drivers licence and passport are all in my maiden name still- my passport was only 1 year old when i got married so it was such a waste to pay for a new one !

The thing is, if you'd exchanged it at the time, it wouldn't have cost you a cent! Unfortunately I didn't know that at the time, I thought the same as you. I'm sure a lot of people don't know about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't read through the whole post so I apologise if this has already been outlined clearly!

My UK passport expires in 2018 so I will need to renew this, I will be getting married in 2019. I can get my citizenship in Aus next year but I will hold off until after the wedding to obtain the passport as didn't want to pay for name change.

I saw people mention that is it free to change over in the first year, is this for the UK & Australian passport? And can this be done from Australia?

Sorry I haven't read through the whole post so I apologise if this has already been outlined clearly!

My UK passport expires in 2018 so I will need to renew this, I will be getting married in 2019. I can get my citizenship in Aus next year but I will hold off until after the wedding to obtain the passport as didn't want to pay for name change.

I saw people mention that is it free to change over in the first year, is this for the UK & Australian passport? And can this be done from Australia?

When I renewed both my passports (too late!), I discovered that I could've changed both of them in the first year free of charge. However that was a while ago so you'd need to check the current status.

Archived